OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People who get embarassed or take pride in their favorite sports team achievements lack perspective. 95% of any sports fandom either comes from bandwagoning or arbitrary factors you have little control of (nearest big city, friends/family fans first, cool logo).

It's kind of a weird thing to say on a sports hockey message board.

Reactions: dany milkbag

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How so? You can approve or disprove of a team’s actions without making it a part of your personal identity.

People come here because they are passionate about their sport.

Yes, it's better than having cancer, or losing a loved one, but I'm not going to fault people for being emotionally invested in a hobby or past-time.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't feel embarrassed at all.

I'm furious that this organization somehow thinks that the fanbase has a limitless fountain of good will and patience to spend on this joke of a management and ownership group.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't feel embarrassed at all.

I'm furious that this organization somehow thinks that the fanbase has a limitless fountain of good will and patience to spend on this joke of a management and ownership group.

Seriously. They lied to us repeatedly. **** that, I won't support people who treat me like that.

I was ok with Hoffman for Boedker, what was the point of a rebuild? We don't have our first and we have Stone, Karlsson and Duchene?

And now we find out that it was all lies and deceit. They need to pay, and they need to pay dearly.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
People come here because they are passionate about their sport.

Yes, it's better than having cancer, or losing a loved one, but I'm not going to fault people for being emotionally invested in a hobby or past-time.

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. I am in no way demeaning people being passionate about a team and, quite frankley, am confused as to how you got to that based on my post.

Being emotionally invested in a team =\= viewing said team’s performance as an indication of yourself. Basically, I’m all for rooting for my team, but it they do bad, being “embarassed” on a personal level would be a bit ridiculous. As is being proud of your team when they win, when you had no control over the team’s play or actions.

No one is saying you arent allowed to be sad or happy at your team’s result.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Melnyk should be the only one embarrassed.

I'm still going to be there on opening cheering, players deserve it.

Screw Melnyk.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
If you asked this question yesterday, yes I'm 100% embarrassed! Today's answer: I'm not a Sens fan anymore. Good luck guys, hope you can survive this BS.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
So in hindsight, i wonder if this was what Heatley was referring to when he said something to the effect of you'll see when asked why he wanted out. Many past player actions around leaving seem to suggest they felt that way too. If the Sens had shareholders, this is the time they would definitely be putting a new ceo in place to change the culture of the company.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The_Graveyard_Flex_Fit_Right_1024x1024.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad