Anaheim defeats Calgary 4 games to 1

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Not really much of a fight though. The Flames were clearly overmatched and the series was never really in doubt. I suspect the Ducks were over the moon to have such an easy second round opponent.

Now for a real series. Hawks/Ducks.......it's a pick em for sure.

Is there any reason you're being this arrogant to every poster that gives Calgary a shred of credit?

Hope the Hawks win in 4 just because of your piss poor attitude. You're not part of the team, you didn't score any of the goals, so quiet down good lord.

Great series though! Very exciting to watch.

I don't think that guy is a Duck fan. I've never seen him on the Duck board before.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Good series Flames fans. Put up a great fight. Way more than the Jets. Your team will only get better.

What???

Props to Calgary for a never say die mentality, but no way did they put up a better fight than Winnipeg IMO. The Winnipeg series was much more difficult.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Ramo kept the Flames in yesterday. If he wasn't standing on his head, it would have been a repeat of game 1 no question. He stoned several point blank attempts it wasn't even funny. with him on the roster next year there is no reason why the flames wouldn't be competitive with their immediate lineup.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Ramo kept the Flames in yesterday. If he wasn't standing on his head, it would have been a repeat of game 1 no question. He stoned several point blank attempts it wasn't even funny. with him on the roster next year there is no reason why the flames wouldn't be competitive with their immediate lineup.

Ramo and Hiller both had strings of inconsistency but you're right; not to mention we have high hopes for Jon Gillies. Hope he sees a few games next year.

Ducks are the perfect team to match up against the Hawks, will be rooting for them all the way.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sal Vitro, you should just stop posting about the Flames.

The only salient point that you are making is that you are a very bitter and poor loser. Face it, your Canucks lost to the better team. By continuing to degrade what the Flames have done this year and in the playoffs not only diminishes the accomplishments of your team, but also reduces any respect that you may have on this board.

Nobody likes a poor loser.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Good series, Ducks fans! After expecting to be be swept I'm pretty happy how things turned out.

Torch

Jun 30, 2002
Visit site
The Ducks were simply the better team. They outright dominated at some points, and when it was close, they still found a way (which is what elite teams do). I do think the Flames were on the short end of some calls, but nothing that affected the series outcome. Anaheim just executed well on every level while the Flames looked like they were running on fumes.

I just hope guys like Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau, Brodie, etc..., learned a few things from that series and the playoffs in general.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting so The Ducks and Flames fans are doing a nice job of the fan version of the hand shake line but some fans of other teams are taking some butt hurt cheap shots at the Flames?? :help:

Anyways as a Jets fan who realized one series ago the Ducks are the real deal I tip my hat to both teams. The Flames should be proud and keep your chins up. Bennett looks great and Johnny Hockey proved the haters wrong this season and on top of that he is really entertaining.

This next step up for the Ducks will be a big one. The Hawks have got the recent cup pedigree, the swagger, and just bounced a very very tough Wild team in 4. I have zero idea what is going to happen but the Ducks have two great top lines (Kesler was a massive add), solid bottom six depth past that, and their young D core is awesome.

Should be a great series.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Ramo and Hiller both had strings of inconsistency but you're right; not to mention we have high hopes for Jon Gillies. Hope he sees a few games next year.

Ducks are the perfect team to match up against the Hawks, will be rooting for them all the way.

I honestly thought Ramo was more consistent than Hiller. He didn't let his over-aggressive play get exploited, even though his defensemen left him high and dry more than a few times.

Definitely was the best player last night on the Flames bench. He kept them in despite being severely outshot every period, including an 0-7 shot count in OT. he can only do so much though in that kind of a shooting gallery.

Hats off to the Flames team. I know I got carried away emotionally after the win yesterday, but I didn't discount the Flames one bit. If anything it was the lack of experience that did them in. Not because of a lack of skill or determination.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Good on Corey Perry for coming back from that soccer-esque performance to score the OT winner

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
What???

Props to Calgary for a never say die mentality, but no way did they put up a better fight than Winnipeg IMO. The Winnipeg series was much more difficult.

Was gonna say. The Flames managed a win, something the Jets couldn't do, but you didn't see the Jets getting blown out like the Flames did early in the series.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Was gonna say. The Flames managed a win, something the Jets couldn't do, but you didn't see the Jets getting blown out like the Flames did early in the series.

Yes, that first game really is a bit of a stain on the whole series for the Flames. They came ready to play, but got extremely discouraged when everything went against them in the first period. Very uncharacteristic of them to fold up shop like they did.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Getzlaf and Perry are monsters. Wow what a duo. Best duo in the league. The complete package when it comes to both players. Size, skill, grit, speed and determination. Either one of those guys is taking home the Conn Smyth if the Ducks win.

I think the Flames finally got a taste of the own medicine. They led the last 2 games, yet the Ducks came back both games to win it. The Ducks were clearly the better team, but a bit of Flames luck could have easily made this a 3-2 series for Calgary. Nothing at all to be ashamed about.

2nd round defeat > Mcdavid contention (where most everyone thought they would be). I honestly haven't seen a team, in year 2 of a rebuild, have a successful season like this in a long time. Hopefully other rebuilding teams in the future use Calgary's season as the bar in which they should strive to achieve.

Last edited:

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Great series, Ducks were the better team in almost every period of play. Flames fought hard, but in the end they finally proved to be unsustainable:laugh:

Good luck to the Ducks, I hope they beat Chicago and every team out of the east not named Caps.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Great series Ducks fans. And nice posts in here. The only bitter posts seem to be from Canucks/Oilers fans.

Game 4 was an opportunity for the Flames to really get back in the series. Still disappointed they blew it when it looked like they had control of the game. But the Ducks were dominant in Anaheim, so I'm not sure it would have mattered in the long run.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Corey Perry tried to draw a major penalty on an accidental contact and also cross-checked Ramo on game winning goal in OT. Joke garbage league, no review, terrible officiating, etc.

Please discuss these 2 situations here.

Not one of the two things you said are even accurate at all. No discuss.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Great series, Ducks were the better team in almost every period of play. Flames fought hard, but in the end they finally proved to be unsustainable:laugh:

Good luck to the Ducks, I hope they beat Chicago and every team out of the east not named Caps.

Hey one of these two "unsustainable" teams had to become actually unsustainable.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Getzlaf and Perry are monsters. Wow what a duo. Best duo in the league. The complete package when it comes to both players. Size, skill, grit, speed and determination. Either one of those guys is taking home the Conn Smyth if the Ducks win.

I think the Flames finally got a taste of the own medicine. They led the last 2 games, yet the Ducks came back both games to win it. The Ducks were clearly the better team, but a bit of Flames luck could have easily made this a 3-2 series for Calgary. Nothing at all to be ashamed about.

2nd round defeat > Mcdavid contention (where most everyone thought they would be). I honestly haven't seen a team, in year 2 of a rebuild, have a successful season like this in a long time. Hopefully other rebuilding teams in the future use Calgary's season as the bar in which they should strive to achieve.

The flames rebuilt the right way, on the BACK END. It's so much easier for the young forwards to play offense when you have Gioradno, Wideman, Russell, Brodie, etc. back there. Edmonton's forwards with Calgary's blueline might even produce a playoff team, but they don't know a single thing about what a defenseman is and how to acquire one.

soya_sauce_chicken

Mar 28, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
knew the Ducks would win i 5, but what i noticed was that the Flames in the 3rd seemed scared/nervous.. like it was back in their minds that the Ducks will always make that comeback so they were playing differently..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad