Anaheim defeats Calgary 4 games to 1

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
In Ramo's exit interview he hinted pretty strongly that he is going to test the market.

Flames should trade him then, if he plans on testing the market.

Would be dumb to let him walk and receive nothing in return, considering that his stock should be fairly high after his performance in the playoffs and regular season this year.

At least get a draft pick or something for him.

edit: I would trade Lander for him. I don't think many Oiler fans would agree at all though nor would Calgary trade him to their provincial rivals.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Would be dumb to let im walk and receive nothing in return, considering that his stock should be fairly high after his performance in the playoffs and regular season this year.

So they give him a contract in the hopes that some one will trade for him?

Would have no bargaining power. If they keep him, Hiller has to be traded

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013

Would be dumb to let im walk and receive nothing in return, considering that his stock should be fairly high after his performance in the playoffs and regular season this year.

Don't know that it will be an option. He's a month and a half away from free-agency. Not sure any team will be willing to give up a pick for early negotiation rights. If they do it will be a very late pick, so not much loss anyways.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Would be dumb to let him walk and receive nothing in return, considering that his stock should be fairly high after his performance in the playoffs and regular season this year.

edit: I would trade Lander for him. I don't think many Oiler fans would agree at all though nor would Calgary trade him to their provincial rivals.

I wouldn't trade Lander for him. Centre depth. It is important. Especially how Lander keeps tracking.

I'd rather just sign a UFA than trade a centre for a potential mid-length term goalie.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Should be interesting to hear whether Monahan and Hudler were hurt and the extent of their injuries.
Monahan tried denying he was hurt, then when pressed admitted to a leg problem. Then in the presser with Treliving it was said he had a groin and back problems.

Hudler didn't talk to the media himself but Treliving said he had neck and back issues.

In addition to that Ferland has a torn oblique (suffered in game 4 vs Vancouver), Brodie a sprained ankle, Schlemko a groin injury, Bouma had his hand shattered and has more metal in his hand than bone now (8 pins and a plate). That is all I can think of.

I liked that Treliving stated the injuries matter of factly and made a point to say that it was no excuse because every team is going through the same thing.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Don't need another center though, If the Flames could trade him the preference would be a draft pick.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
For the Monahan thing, they asked if he was injured in playoffs, he said no. It was later clarified he was injured in the regular season. He wasn't really denying, it was more the wrong wording of question if anything.

Byron apparently had a sports hernia, broken foot and hand or something like that.

Kris Russell super shot blocker apparently was completely fine.

Ducks Dynasty

May 11, 2015
Absolutely. Perhaps not for the same reasons (I am a huge Hartley fan and a fan of the way he turned that group into a legitimate threat) but they are a hard team not to like. Feel good story.

I think that the only team Ducks fans really hate are the Kings, even though they are no longer relevant this year lol :D

Even at the two games that I went to vs the Jets and Flames, I overheard conversations of people badmouthing the Kings (and their fans) moreso than their playoff opponents lmao :laugh:

Poor Kings :naughty:

Diggy

Oct 16, 2007
Orange County
I think that the only team Ducks fans really hate are the Kings, even though they are no longer relevant this year lol :D
I don't even see the kings as rivals to the ducks since we have had only 1 playoff series against them and little blood was spilled on the ice. They are just a team that is close to us.

The wings, sharks, and stars I hate with a passion!!! Which is sad this year since one team is out of our conference now and the other 2 suck.

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site

I think a lot of old-time Ducks fans don't necessarily hate the Kings. Heck, if they're like me they grew up with the Kings as the local team. When they won in '12 and '14, I wasn't really all that bothered, in fact I got a little nostalgic.

It's probably different for younger fans who only remember having both teams in SoCal, and you chose one or the other from the start. But generally I suspect it was far more galling for many older Kings fans to watch the Ducks win a Cup than the other way around.

Ducks Dynasty

May 11, 2015
I don't even see the kings as rivals to the ducks since we have had only 1 playoff series against them and little blood was spilled on the ice. They are just a team that is close to us.

The wings, sharks, and stars I hate with a passion!!! Which is sad this year since one team is out of our conference now and the other 2 suck.

Wasn't a fan during the time the Wings were in the Western Conference unfortunately.

Sharks and Stars seem so long ago :D

Ducks Dynasty

May 11, 2015
I think a lot of old-time Ducks fans don't necessarily hate the Kings. Heck, if they're like me they grew up with the Kings as the local team. When they won in '12 and '14, I wasn't really all that bothered, in fact I got a little nostalgic.

It's probably different for younger fans who only remember having both teams in SoCal, and you chose one or the other from the start. But generally I suspect it was far more galling for many older Kings fans to watch the Ducks win a Cup than the other way around.

The long-time Kings fans are usually pretty cool.

It is the ones that jumped on the bandwagon since the 2012 Cup (misplaced Lakers fans?) that are often the worst...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->