Anaheim defeats Calgary 4 games to 1

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Flames played hard but had too much dead weight and too much stupidity with those penalties at the end of the 2nd period in the last two games.

Plus, yea that goal should have been called back.

Colborne was horrid in particular.
Flames turnovers in the D-zone were atrocious. They kept giving the Ducks possession and chances by failing to clear.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Congrats Ducks fans. I expected to get swept so winning one game was a bonus for me. Ducks were just faster, stronger, and more experienced. If anything, I hope this ends up being a learning experience for all our young guys.

Oh and they burned a year of Bennett's ELC for this!? What were they thinking!? :sarcasm:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Is there any reason you're being this arrogant to every poster that gives Calgary a shred of credit?

Hope the Hawks win in 4 just because of your piss poor attitude. You're not part of the team, you didn't score any of the goals, so quiet down good lord.

Great series though! Very exciting to watch.

That guy is a Canucks fan not a Ducks fan, so he is showing his bitterness and jumping on an opportunity. I think you'll find most Ducks fans are showing some class and congratulating Calgary, etc.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I disagree. During the second period of Game 4 it felt like the Flames had grabbed a definite foothold. The Flames gave too much ground in the first two games, though, and that was just too much of a hill to climb.

I just don't agree at all. The Flames were overmatched and just did not have the talent up front to compete with what the Ducks could bring.

I hope that playing in such an easy series does not affect the Ducks when they meet Chicago. It's not going to be the cake walk this series was.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Flames fans, given the projections made about your team when the season started, you have nothing to feel disappointed about. This was the best the Flames could have been this season, and they'll only get better in years to come. Good series, and you're welcome on our bandwagon anytime.

I'm proud of our boys. :handclap: I would have hoped for a different outcome of course, but Ducks fought hard and beat us fair and square.

We shouldn't complain about injuries, officiating, anything. Hockey gods are fair.

Congrats Ducks. We hope to see you in the playoffs again in the near future.

I believe our boys will grow into this years success and build on top of it next year.

grimskunk777

Apr 2, 2011
More like he crosschecked the puck into the goal. The hockey gods are just.

In regular season, they would have waived off that goal. Anyway, really proud of my young guys. See ya next years Flames! Very good promising team with heart! Love my Flames! :yo::yo::yo:

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Canucks would have been even easier, they couldn't even get past the Flames!

Except the Canucks beat the Ducks in Anaheim this year unlike your regular season drought of not winning games in Anaheim since 2004, and not winning playoff games since 2006 in Anaheim. Please stick to talking about this series.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I just don't agree at all. The Flames were overmatched and just did not have the talent up front to compete with what the Ducks could bring.

I hope that playing in such an easy series does not affect the Ducks when they meet Chicago. It's not going to be the cake walk this series was.

Did you even watch game 4.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Flames got dominated.

They really did. Tonight was no exception.

It will be interesting to see if next year the Flames really drop off much the same way the Av's did. The Av's had a similar season to Calgary last year and had all kinds of problems this year. I am picking the Flames to miss the playoffs next year. I think their top line continues to drop off, their D comes back to earth and they have goaltending issues.

The one player I see continuing to trend up is Bennett. He is a fantastic hockey player.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Except the Canucks beat the Ducks in Anaheim this year unlike your regular season drought of not winning games in Anaheim since 2004, and not winning playoff games since 2006 in Anaheim. Please stick to talking about this series.

Lol Canucks couldn't even make it past the first round. You really want to talk about playoff losing streaks? Remind me how many Nucks have lost

Ducks would have dominated either team.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Not really much of a fight though. The Flames were clearly overmatched and the series was never really in doubt. I suspect the Ducks were over the moon to have such an easy second round opponent.

Now for a real series. Hawks/Ducks.......it's a pick em for sure.

I disagree.

For a team that was missing their best player from the start, and wasn't supposed to ever make it this far, they looked pretty damn competitive at times. I doubt if you talked to anyone on the Ducks they'd consider this team an easy opponent.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Dude, the Canucks lost to the Flames in the playoffs. Fair and square.

There's no argument that could change that...

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
In regular season, they would have waived off that goal. Anyway, really proud of my young guys. See ya next years Flames! Very good promising team with heart! Love my Flames! :yo::yo::yo:

disagree, although I certainly understand why you want to believe this. Anyways, Flames have some good ones, I really think Bennett will be a star. ducks were just too much for them.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010

We are in the year 2015.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
They really did. Tonight was no exception.

It will be interesting to see if next year the Flames really drop off much the same way the Av's did. The Av's had a similar season to Calgary last year and had all kinds of problems this year. I am picking the Flames to miss the playoffs next year. I think their top line continues to drop off, their D comes back to earth and they have goaltending issues.

The one player I see continuing to trend up is Bennett. He is a fantastic hockey player.

Yeah, whatever.

The Avs and Flames are nowhere near compatible situations.

Why is the Flames top line going to drop off?

Why is their D going to drop off?

Colorado fell back to earth because they had a bad blueline and unbelievable goaltending in their playoff year.

They fell to earth because they didn't improve their blueline and their goaltending wasn't quite as good, and they lost a top 6 forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I disagree.

For a team that was missing their best player from the start, and wasn't supposed to ever make it this far, they looked pretty damn competitive at times. I doubt if you talked to anyone on the Ducks they'd consider this team an easy opponent.

Anaheim got either Calgary or Vancouver.

Chicago got either Minny or STL.

Anaheim got the better deal there. Two incredibly inept teams in the second round for them, vs. two very difficult to teams to play against in the second round for Chicago.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Let's be honest here, neither team would've put up a fight against the Ducks. This is why I'm not a fan of the new playoffs format. Under the old system it would've been.

ANA VS CGY
STL VS WPG
NSH VS MIN
CHI VS VAN

Under the old system neither Calgary or Vancouver would've made it out the 1st round AINEC.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

Dude, no where did I say we didn't lose to the Flames. I was talking about the Ducks because he said we'd be worse against the Ducks. Then I brought up your losing streak to the Ducks in Anaheim as a reason why we wouldn't be easier. We were actually better against the Ducks than against the Flames. We got 6 points vs Anaheim compared to 3 vs the Flames.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Let's be honest here, neither team would've put up a fight against the Ducks. This is why I'm not a fan of the new playoffs format. Under the old system it would've been.

ANA VS CGY
STL VS WPG
NSH VS MIN
CHI VS VAN

Under the old system neither Calgary or Vancouver would've made it out the 1st round AINEC.

Calgary deserved to make it to the semi-finals...

They just ran into a powerhouse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad