Anaheim defeats Calgary 4 games to 1

illpucks

May 26, 2011
That effort from the Flames in OT was one of the worst I have ever seen.

The season is on the line and the players give no push to extend it. They can't even get the puck out of their zone.

It was embarrassing.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Congrats on a great season, Calgary. :handclap:

Full credit for being an organization that never quits, you guys are fun to watch as well. Good luck next season!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Before this series, I barely paid attention to the Ducks. The times I actually paid attention were when the Flames played the Ducks. I could name Getzlaf and Perry and no one else on their roster. During this series, I saw the banter between Flames fans and Duck fans and learned more about this team. I saw something I could respect. I respect the Duck fans and team more than ever (minus Kesler).

Mad props to the Ducks. You have a great team. There is no hate, just acknowledgement of a good team. Two amazing teams with different approaches played this series and one is moving on.

I am sad the series is over, but I am not disappointed. I am proud of my Calgary Flames and thank them for the opportunity to have witnessed what I have witnessed this season.

It is too early for me to discuss band wagoning. Tomorrow, I wear my Flames jersey proud. Tomorrow when the emotions have settled, I will contemplate whether I consider Ducks to be my bandwagon team. (I believe it is likely)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ducks were clearly better, but Gaudreau was very impressive for the flames.

rmarion

Jun 2, 2007
For being out shot by 2:1....the flames were in it to the finish.... Good season Flames, you have a YOUNG team and will be a force to recon with in years to come!!

GO DUCKS!! you have your strongest opponent coming up!!! BEAT THEM IN SIX!!!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ducks were clearly better, but Gaudreau was very impressive for the flames.

Gaudreau has developed in ways I have not imagined. Beyond the offense, his shot blocking and his willingness to at times put what resembles a body check on another player are things that really impress me. I still laugh at his hit on Big Buff earlier this year (evidence below).

http://giant.gfycat.com/PhonyParchedGrison.gif

For me, things like this make me smile. The Flames are going to be interesting to watch for a long time, stats and results be damned. This is a highly entertaining rebuild.

The Ducks are a good team. That Beleskey guy too... man...

The Ducks have good fans. Something I consider when liking a team.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
The Flames are in the 2nd year of a rebuild and were just above the cap with the lowest payroll in the league and are paying Raymond, Jones, Stajan, Smid and Engelland 16.5 million dollars with those players being mostly replaceable (Wouldn't move Stajan or Engelland though). The team can add 20 million dollars in talent in the off season and still have a few million in space.

Adjustments need to be made to build themselves towards becoming a contender.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Cheers to a team I loved watching this season, good luck next year Flames. Thanks for helping to kick the other CA teams whilst they were down. ;)

That Johnny Hockey kid made me drink a few extra beers this series, what a crafty and clutch player.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
I don't think we ever stood a chance to win the series, but it's good to have three one-goal (discounting the game 4 EN) gmaes in a row against such a brutal opponent. Great season & 'only' 5 months of waiting till we get going again, instead of the usual 6. Good luck against the Hawks!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

The season is on the line and the players give no push to extend it. They can't even get the puck out of their zone.

It was embarrassing.

Effort was there, but, young team, too antsy, scared to make a mistake and full credit to the Ducks for jumping on them and making them pay. Once they pressured, Ducks were doing their thing and no one was going to stop them.

QuackAttackJack

Apr 13, 2015
Bama
Flames Fans, all this talk about your team being unsustainable. Guess what? They said the same things about the ducks for the last 2 years and look what they are saying now. You have a very bright future, this was a fun series to watch. After the first 2 games I thought that all the talk about the flames being physical was hogwash, but those last 3 proved me wrong. It was a fun series to watch. :handclap:

ginopuck

Apr 2, 2012
The Flames were no match for the Ducks. They could barely keep up. The next series against the Hawks should be more entertaining.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Flames played very well. This is a learning experience for them.

You look at their roster, and can't help but feel optimistic. They have the pieces...a top-notch D-man in Giordano, a potential franchise-caliber center in Bennet.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well the run is over, and man what a run it has been. Ducks for the get go were the far superior team, and aside from the 1st 80 minutes of the series it has at least looked competitive, Flames even managing to take a win in the series, and I thought have looked pretty damn good for the last few games, though I have not yet watched the 3rd on OT of this last game. I have no shame in having lost to the better team and I excitedly look forward to what next season can bring.

But for now, clear some space, I'm climbing aboard the Ducks Bandwagon.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ducks were (as expected) the much better team. However Calgary gave them all they could handle the last 3 games. Props to both teams.

I think Ducks are team to beat now.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Clearly the better team one. Big part of flames success all year was due to their discipline. Ironic they get hurt so bad this series due to lack of discipline. That penalty on Colborne in game 4 was a turning point. Not saying they would have won that game or deserved to win the series. Just saying if they don't get that penalty and manage to hang on... Whole new ball game. Still so happy for getting this far. Never thought playoffs were even a possibility for a good 4 years.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Congrats to the Ducks for advancing. As to the Flames, yeah it sucks to be eliminated but they did far better than anyone expected them to this year. Team on the rise for sure.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Dude, no where did I say we didn't lose to the Flames. I was talking about the Ducks because he said we'd be worse against the Ducks. Then I brought up your losing streak to the Ducks in Anaheim as a reason why we wouldn't be easier. We were actually better against the Ducks than against the Flames. We got 6 points vs Anaheim compared to 3 vs the Flames.

Regular season doesn't mean anything. You couldn't even get past the first round. You want to talk losing streaks but ignore that the Nucks haven't won a playoff series in how long??

It's a moot point because you never made it to the second round. Hence why people said Nucks would be easier competition.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Calgary was supposed to be a lottery team, instead they played a hard-fought WC semifinal. As a Ducks fan, I don't even want to think how good the Flames will be in a couple of years.
Major props to the Flames and their fans.

Now on to the WC Finals! Go Ducks Go! :yo:

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006

It was embarrassing.

the ducks dominated the first 3 games like this then let up. when they wanted to they could but they started to sit back to much and match the flames. that it was pure domination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad