Anaheim defeats Calgary 4 games to 1

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Again, good series, Ducks fans. You guys are built for a long run. I'm just glad we were able to at least put up a fight.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Again, good series, Ducks fans. You guys are built for a long run. I'm just glad we were able to at least put up a fight.

Not really much of a fight though. The Flames were clearly overmatched and the series was never really in doubt. I suspect the Ducks were over the moon to have such an easy second round opponent.

Now for a real series. Hawks/Ducks.......it's a pick em for sure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anaheim were damn impressive. To have two lines that can both dominate like that is awesome for them.

I think that Bobby Ryan trade is looking great right now with how good Silffbdjsffndverberg is looking.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I expected more from Calgary in the elimination game. I even predicted them to win!!

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Way to go DUCKS!!! Bring on the Hawks!

Good series Flames, I said it in early part of the season, you guys have a bright future.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Good series Flames bros. An exciting group of players to watch for sure.

Good luck next year.

grimskunk777

Apr 2, 2011
Corey Perry tried to draw a major penalty on an accidental contact and also cross-checked Ramo on game winning goal in OT. Joke garbage league, no review, terrible officiating, etc.

Please discuss these 2 situations here.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not really much of a fight though. The Flames were clearly overmatched and the series was never really in doubt. I suspect the Ducks were over the moon to have such an easy second round opponent.

I disagree. During the second period of Game 4 it felt like the Flames had grabbed a definite foothold. The Flames gave too much ground in the first two games, though, and that was just too much of a hill to climb.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Sorry boys overreacted, anyway good series duck fans. And that is all I have to say about that.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North

So very this...

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Flames fans, given the projections made about your team when the season started, you have nothing to feel disappointed about. This was the best the Flames could have been this season, and they'll only get better in years to come. Good series, and you're welcome on our bandwagon anytime.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Corey Perry tried to draw a major penalty on an accidental contact and also cross-checked Ramo on game winning goal in OT. Joke garbage league, no review, terrible officiating, etc.

Shots:
ANA - 47
CGY - 19

It was a miracle they even made it to OT.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Ugh. This is bad.

Good on Perry for fighting for every inch on that GWG. Flames undone by hard work. Irony.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012

Is there any reason you're being this arrogant to every poster that gives Calgary a shred of credit?

Hope the Hawks win in 4 just because of your piss poor attitude. You're not part of the team, you didn't score any of the goals, so quiet down good lord.

Great series though! Very exciting to watch.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Guy on Game Board said "for a rookie" Gaudreau was beastly.

Went to two games in Anaheim, and for a kid/rookie/small guy
I have to say he was noticeable a lot of times. He was impressive.
Made some mistakes, but so did our "stars".
Johnny makes some really good little plays in traffic.

Glad we put this away.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

Just like I'm sure Flames were over the moon to face the Nucks in the first round. Lots of positives to build upon from this year and lots of space to continue to build. Good luck to the Ducks going forward!

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

More like he crosschecked the puck into the goal. The hockey gods are just.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ugh. This is bad.

Good on Perry for fighting for every inch on that GWG. Flames undone by hard work. Irony.

Maybe a little bit, but Calgary put in plenty of their own hard work. They just aren't quite there yet.

Gaudreau is really impressive.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

I suggest you watch a replay of the game winner. Then come back and try to honestly type that Perry cross checked Ramo. If you can do that there is no helping you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad