Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Francois Beauchemin (1 Year, $1M w/ Bonuses)

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I dunno why they've gone and done this. If you feel the need to sign a dman then try to bring one over from Europe for $1.5 M, it's very do-able and hope he takes off. A top European dman surely has to have better speed and not to mention better decision making than Beuchemin's which is as slow as molasses now.

Someone should dig up some of the icing sequences he had last year where he iced the puck while skating it up the ice with absolutely zero pressure.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I dunno why they've gone and done this. If you feel the need to sign a dman then try to bring one over from Europe for $1.5 M, it's very do-able and hope he takes off. A top European dman surely has to have better speed and not to mention better decision making than Beuchemin's which is as slow as molasses now.

Someone should dig up some of the icing sequences he had last year where he iced the puck while skating it up the ice with absolutely zero pressure.

I think a lot of people are over thinking it.. its more of a move to replace stoner who was our 7/8th guy... its not like hes being brought in to play on our top 4, and honestly if hes playing in our top 6 its because A) injuries, b) he earned it. Hes familiar with the team and coach, and honestly he was a good leader/locker presence in his time in Anaheim, and on a team with a lot of young dmen on it and in the system he might be a good guy to learn from.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My source is BSN Denver and I believe it was this podcast that shed light on Beauchemin's attitude: http://bsndenver.com/bsn-avalanche-podcast-francois-beauchemin-no-longer-in-colorado/

AJ and Dater WERE around the team regularly. Beauchemin was also reported to act like a jerk during practice. Fair enough, he can get upset at the players aren't showing that they don't care. That was a big issue for me as the season wore on too. But, as a player who was one of the two main sources for the team floundering, he had no right to criticize his teammates the way Giguere did. Giguere criticized teammates for talking about a stupid Vegas vacation. Beauchemin criticized players for not caring when it became obvious there was nothing they could do to make the team better while he played with them. Completely different. It's an excuse for giving up. But, Beauchemin should have kept his attitude to himself. End of story. I'm glad he's gone. I'll never have to see him play regularly again. There's one undeniable fact about Iginla and Beauchemin since they played with Colorado in the year after they won their division. Both these players came to a team that played worse each successive year they were there.

Dater has reputation for being a clueless dick. Nothing new there. I'm not wasting over an hour listening to that crap.

The bolded statement implies that players had the right to give up because Beauch single handedly made the team terrible beyond caring. That logic doesn't fly. Nobody has the right not to give their employer 100%. But it's nice to see you admit Beauch was criticizing guys who deserved it. Just like JS did. Maybe you should pick up a clue or two from players at the end of their career who have been winners and don't tolerate teammates who don't give their all.

I've not disputed Beauch's play was bad last year. Your hatred for him as a person is over the top. Give it a rest.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Anaheim organization 17-18 defense to start.

Beauchemin will be the 8th D-man and Megna will be sent back to the AHL, once Vatanen and Lindholm are healthy.

1st LD Fowler RD Manson
2nd LD Bieksa RD Montour
3rd LD Beauchemin RD Holzer

Scratched List
LD Megna
LD Lindholm + Inj. Shoulder Surgery
RD Vatanen + Inj. Shoulder Surgery

AHL San Diego Gulls
LD Larsson
RD Welinski
LD Pettersson
RD Oleksy
LD Thompson

WHL/NCAA
LD Mahura ~ Regina WHL
LD Berkovitz ~ Army NCAA
RD Ruggiero ~ Lake Superior State Univ. NCAA

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Beauchemin will be the 8th D-man and Megna will be sent back to the AHL, once Vatanen and Lindholm are healthy.

1st LD Fowler RD Manson
2nd LD Bieksa RD Montour
3rd LD Beauchemin RD Holzer

Scratched List
LD Megna
LD Lindholm + Inj. Shoulder Surgery
RD Vatanen + Inj. Shoulder Surgery

AHL San Diego Gulls
LD Larsson
RD Welinski
LD Pettersson
RD Oleksy
LD Thompson

WHL/NCAA
LD Mahura ~ Regina WHL
LD Berkovitz ~ Army NCAA
RD Ruggiero ~ Lake Superior State Univ. NCAA

Bieksa is RD. Holzer is RHD but can play either side so that means either Beauch or Holzer is playing 2nd pairing minutes, which should never happen. I'm just going to cross my fingers that RC sees Beuach as a 7D and plays him as such. If nothing else it will be cool for him to have the chance to retire as a Duck

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully Beauch plays about 10 games this year, most importantly the final game. Ideally, the Ducks have nothing to play for the final game and can him a proper send off without hurting their chances. Maybe he only plays well in Anaheim too and is actually a serviceable bottom pair guy? He was terrible in Toronto before coming back last time right?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Maybe you should pick up a clue or two from players at the end of their career who have been winners and don't tolerate teammates who don't give their all.

Where did I not say that everyone wasn't accountable? As hopeless as their situation was with Iginla and Beauchemin, I am defiant about the players giving up because it's their job to keep playing if they're getting paid. There were a lot of coasters on that team. Especially Duchene. But, I'd rather tank with a team full of young players who can learn from their mistakes and not old veteran players who simply did not live up to the salaries they were cashing in on while anchoring the team into an abyss. The more money you make, the more accountable you are. That's the way this business works. It was not fun watching Beauchemin swan dive into every player that he turned the puck over to. Similarly, it was not fun watching Iginla whiff on every puck in front of the net or get caught up to on breakaways when he was three strides ahead. Anyway, I'm glad those guys are gone. Too bad things wound up the way they did.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Where did I not say that everyone wasn't accountable? As hopeless as their situation was with Iginla and Beauchemin, I am defiant about the players giving up because it's their job to keep playing if they're getting paid. There were a lot of coasters on that team. Especially Duchene. But, I'd rather tank with a team full of young players who can learn from their mistakes and not old veteran players who simply did not live up to the salaries they were cashing in on while anchoring the team into an abyss. The more money you make, the more accountable you are. That's the way this business works. It was not fun watching Beauchemin swan dive into every player that he turned the puck over to. Similarly, it was not fun watching Iginla whiff on every puck in front of the net or get caught up to on breakaways when he was three strides ahead. Anyway, I'm glad those guys are gone. Too bad things wound up the way they did.

So you're now, finally admitting that his only problem was how he played, and not that he was some bad locker room influence. That was my only issue from the start. My work here is done.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Since he was bought out is the ducks on the hook for any of his buyout? If he is as bad for the ducks this year as he was for the avs. I'd staple his ass to the bench

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Bieksa is RD. Holzer is RHD but can play either side so that means either Beauch or Holzer is playing 2nd pairing minutes, which should never happen. I'm just going to cross my fingers that RC sees Beuach as a 7D and plays him as such. If nothing else it will be cool for him to have the chance to retire as a Duck

I thought Bieksa could play either side. My mistake...
Anaheim is deep with RHD and if I'm not mistaken, Beauchemin can play the right side too even though he's a LHD.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
So you're now, finally admitting that his only problem was how he played, and not that he was some bad locker room influence. That was my only issue from the start. My work here is done.

No. He was still a bad locker room presence according to AJ and Dater. Unless you know something that I'm not aware of, you're work is not close to being done. And, actions speak louder than words. The team played bad and nowhere did he accept ANY RESPONSIBILITY for that. In fact, he'd been saying the coaches were happy with him. Lol.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Well for 1 Vatanen/lindholm and I think bieska will likely miss a lil time(someone might correct me about bieska).

2) BM likes to have 8 dmen on the roster, beauchmin fills that spot... I don't expect him to take mins from players with a healthily line up unless he actually earns them.

So now we have
Lindholm Vatanen
Fowler Manson
Bieska Montour
Holtzer Beauchmin

The only thing id say I don't like is that kinda mean its unlikely we will see Larsson after the injuries are done... but I think if he starts the season here hes going to make it hard for them to sit him out.

Wait, is someone injured? You guys have good depth, just seemed like beauchemin was a bit unnecessary.

What's the cap situation looking for the Ducks, especially the internal cap

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
No. He was still a bad locker room presence according to AJ and Dater. Unless you know something that I'm not aware of, you're work is not close to being done.

I know that neither you nor I were in that locker room. I know Dater has a **** poor reputation as a "reporter". I know that Beauchemin has a history of locker room leadership. I also know that the Avs have a history of players needing to be schooled on giving their all because they have no leadership within the ranks of management or owners. But you'd prefer to believe Dater because of your irrational personal hatred for Beauch. Good luck finding another player, next year, to scapegoat your bigger problems that you refuse to acknowledge. Yes, I am done here.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Wait, is someone injured? You guys have good depth, just seemed like beauchemin was a bit unnecessary.

What's the cap situation looking for the Ducks, especially the internal cap

Lindholm had shoulder surgery, will hopefully be back relatively close to the start of the season.

Vatanen had shoulder surgery, recovery was expected to be "somewhat longer". Anaheim is like the Illuminati about giving out injury info, so no clue what that means, but the theory is before Xmas.

Larsson had knee injury (and we think surgery) at the end of last season.

Bieksa had an MCL sprain, but was playing at the end of the year and there's been no noise that he's not 100%.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There must be a Vampire Fly in the Avs locker room listening to Francois Beauchemin bad locker room habits then reporting them back to HF Boards...

:vampire:

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
I hate the offseason, this shouldn't be controversial. It's not good or bad. If our d-men get hurt before the playoffs again he could play his 100th one with the Ducks. That's slightly cool.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
As a ducks fan, not a huge fan of this signing. Love what Beauch did for the ducks in his prior stops (true warrior, played a playoff series without an acl), but I have real concerns that: (a) he will not adjust well to a diminished role; and (b) Carlyle will play him more than he should (See Kevin Bieksa). Murray can't help himself when it comes to old, slow "veteran" defenseman.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Hopefully he has a great season and plays in the top 4 in the playoffs and helps Anaheim win another cup. And during the media spot light of the finals calls out the Aves locker room for being the worst bunch of losers he's seen in his entire career.

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
I feel for you Ducks fans.

He was voted the worst player on the worst team the league has seen in this era of hockey. That is what you're about to witness.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I feel for you Ducks fans.

He was voted the worst player on the worst team the league has seen in this era of hockey. That is what you're about to witness.

I give it 50/50 odds that he comes to Anaheim and plays decent in a 3rd pairing role.

His responsibilities will be lower, his ice time will be lower, and he'll be surrounded by more talent, and playing on a much better blue line. Long story short? He won't be in a position where he needs to try to do too much. He won't need to worry about his teammates giving up. He just needs to play a simple game, be physical, and be a good teammate.

He has a good history with the coach, and with a number of the players. I think he'll be fine, as long as his minutes are managed and no one is expecting him to be a legit top 4 guy. When Anaheim's blue line is healthy, he should be behind Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Montour, and Vatanen.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Originally Posted by RG3hockey View Post

1st LD Fowler RD Manson
2nd LD Montour RD Bieksa
3rd LD Larsson RD Beauchemin
Holzer
Megna

Fixed it a little bit

You need to switch Montour with Beauch. He's RHD not left. And Ive gotta say Frankie and KB together is damn scary idea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad