Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Francois Beauchemin (1 Year, $1M w/ Bonuses)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Nothing to lose with this deal. Veteran presence for handling some minutes at the start of the year with their big boys banged up, and then move to the press box to be the #7-8.

Fowler
Lindholm
Manson
Vatanen
Montour
Bieksa
Holzer
Beauchemin

Good group of 8 d-men.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The single most destructive player I've ever witnessed the Colorado Avalanche have. Sure there's been worse players. Nate Guenin comes to mind. But Nate Guenin didn't think he was Gretzky and play outside his limitations. He also didn't get the minutes that Beauchemin had.

I hope the best for Beauchemin. He may turn it around. His first year for the Avs he was absolutely fantastic. The year prior in Anaheim he helped Lindholm become what he has become. But last season was a total disaster. Every single shift he just made bad play after bad play. Like I said, there have been worse hockey players. But those guys know they are bad and will dump the puck when in trouble or do something. Beauchemin made giveaway after giveaway. Bad pinch after bad pinch. He wandered all over the ice at the most confusing times for no reason. I've never witnessed a hockey player cause the severity of on ice damage to a hockey team that Francois Beauchemin caused last year.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Best place for him. Wish him the best. I imagine in limited minutes he'll do very well.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
The single most destructive player I've ever witnessed the Colorado Avalanche have. Sure there's been worse players. Nate Guenin comes to mind. But Nate Guenin didn't think he was Gretzky and play outside his limitations. He also didn't get the minutes that Beauchemin had.

I hope the best for Beauchemin. He may turn it around. His first year for the Avs he was absolutely fantastic. The year prior in Anaheim he helped Lindholm become what he has become. But last season was a total disaster. Every single shift he just made bad play after bad play. Like I said, there have been worse hockey players. But those guys know they are bad and will dump the puck when in trouble or do something. Beauchemin made giveaway after giveaway. Bad pinch after bad pinch. He wandered all over the ice at the most confusing times for no reason. I've never witnessed a hockey player cause the severity of on ice damage to a hockey team that Francois Beauchemin caused last year.

Don't forget the dozens of goals that he "shot blocked" into our own net. I've never seen so many pucks deflect off a single player into their own goal as I did this past season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I remember that game we won 10-1 against you last year. Beauchemin was terrible in that game. Hope he did not play like that all year long.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I remember that game we won 10-1 against you last year. Beauchemin was terrible in that game. Hope he did not play like that all year long.

I was at that game with my brother, a Habs fan. We travelled across the country to see it. It was that game when I first noticed the constant roaming. You don't notice it as much on TV because the camera generally follows the puck. But when you're sat at the game you notice him just roaming out of position over and over again for no apparent reason. 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's over and over because Beauchemin was just roaming up on the other side of the ice but nowhere near the play or where the play was expected to be. Almost seemed like he was concussed. From this point on I noticed it more on television for the remainder of the season because it was stuck in my head.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I hope you sign Stuart.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

That was exactly how he played all year long. He basically played like Erik Karlsson last year, except he couldn't skate, couldn't handle the puck and expected his partner to cover for his mistakes. He was also very good at deflecting shots into his own net.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I was at that game with my brother, a Habs fan. We travelled across the country to see it. It was that game when I first noticed the constant roaming. You don't notice it as much on TV because the camera generally follows the puck. But when you're sat at the game you notice him just roaming out of position over and over again for no apparent reason. 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's over and over because Beauchemin was just roaming up on the other side of the ice but nowhere near the play or where the play was expected to be. Almost seemed like he was concussed. From this point on I noticed it more on television for the remainder of the season because it was stuck in my head.

That's the best strategy to do ... if you want Patch to score 4 goals ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad