Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Francois Beauchemin (1 Year, $1M w/ Bonuses)

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
The single most destructive player I've ever witnessed the Colorado Avalanche have. Sure there's been worse players. Nate Guenin comes to mind. But Nate Guenin didn't think he was Gretzky and play outside his limitations. He also didn't get the minutes that Beauchemin had.

I hope the best for Beauchemin. He may turn it around. His first year for the Avs he was absolutely fantastic. The year prior in Anaheim he helped Lindholm become what he has become. But last season was a total disaster. Every single shift he just made bad play after bad play. Like I said, there have been worse hockey players. But those guys know they are bad and will dump the puck when in trouble or do something. Beauchemin made giveaway after giveaway. Bad pinch after bad pinch. He wandered all over the ice at the most confusing times for no reason. I've never witnessed a hockey player cause the severity of on ice damage to a hockey team that Francois Beauchemin caused last year.

Preach it man! Absolutely terrible hockey player at this point.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I guess we can expect the Avs to improve by 70 goals next year then.

Well, considering how horrible they were at scoring last season, one can almost assume they'll have to improve by that much just to hit the low average.

What the Avs fans in this thread are saying isn't exaggerated. He was beyond bad last year. A low point on a team full of them. I'm glad that he'll retire in Anaheim - it's the right thing to do - but I'm afraid he'll make Ducks fans forget a lot of his past good if he plays more than a few games at limited minutes here and there. Anything more than an 8th D and you're going to be screaming at your monitor.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, considering how horrible they were at scoring last season, one can almost assume they'll have to improve by that much just to hit the low average.

What the Avs fans in this thread are saying isn't exaggerated. He was beyond bad last year. A low point on a team full of them. I'm glad that he'll retire in Anaheim - it's the right thing to do - but I'm afraid he'll make Ducks fans forget a lot of his past good if he plays more than a few games at limited minutes here and there. Anything more than an 8th D and you're going to be screaming at your monitor.

Idk like someone else said leaf fans said the same stuff bout beauch when he came to Anaheim and he played his best seasons after that.

Now I'm not expecting that but at 1 year 1 million, if he can be a solid 7 guy and a good presence for our young dcore... then I think the investment is more than worth it.

Sucks he did bad in Colorado, but that team was a tire fire any how... hard to get motivated, and I think they prob had too much on his place for where he is at in his career.... in Anaheim hes just there to challenge for a position, help the young players become professionals and fill in for injuries and what not. Not to mention Anaheim defense vs Avs defense is basically opposite sides of the spectrum.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i like this signing. yeah i'm sure he was awful last season, who wasn't awful on that avs team?

beauch back where he belongs

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Idk like someone else said leaf fans said the same stuff bout beauch when he came to Anaheim and he played his best seasons after that.

Now I'm not expecting that but at 1 year 1 million, if he can be a solid 7 guy and a good presence for our young dcore... then I think the investment is more than worth it.

Sucks he did bad in Colorado, but that team was a tire fire any how... hard to get motivated, and I think they prob had too much on his place for where he is at in his career.... in Anaheim hes just there to challenge for a position, help the young players become professionals and fill in for injuries and what not. Not to mention Anaheim defense vs Avs defense is basically opposite sides of the spectrum.

You don't get it. He made that team play far worse than it actually was. There's a reason guys like MacKinnon and Barrie lit it up when playing for Team Canada in the WHC.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You don't get it. He made that team play far worse than it actually was. There's a reason guys like MacKinnon and Barrie lit it up when playing for Team Canada in the WHC.

If he is making the team worse.... then hes probably playing in a situation that he shoudlnt have been playing in the first place. That's not going to happen in Anaheim baring huge injury bug.

Lindholm
Fowler
Manson
Vatanen
Montour
Larsson
Bieska
Beauchmin

he slots in the 8th spot on our depth chart, and that's not including guys like mahura, welinski, megna and pettersson.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Lol...the Avs are full of terrible players until one lands on a new team and then it was the Avs as a team causing them to play bad.

The revisionist history when Duchene gets traded and scores 70 points on a team with a functional coach and power play is going to be out of control in this place.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
No man. He was one of the two anchors on that team. He was a suffocating figure who destroyed the confidence of the younger players. I'm shocked that he got signed. At this point, he's a better Olympic diver than actual hockey player.

I can accept people saying Beauch was awful last year. But given the awful ownership/management of the Avs, that's quite a stretch to blame Beauch for destroying teammates' confidence. Bitter much?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I really wish I could say this was a decent move, as he seems like a good guy, but I can't. The guy is so done, it's not even funny.

He made players like Barberio look like gods.

I'm fairly sure he doesn't even know which net is for protecting and which one you try to score on as he easily tripled his goal total with goals scored against his own team. No jokes he had at least 7 own goals last season, including two in one game.

I hope for Anaheim's sake they told him he was just being brought into to provide some guidance for the young guys and to eat nachos.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol...the Avs are full of terrible players until one lands on a new team and then it was the Avs as a team causing them to play bad.

The revisionist history when Duchene gets traded and scores 70 points on a team with a functional coach and power play is going to be out of control in this place.

I don't think anyone is claiming beauchmin will be a great player... but its a depth signing for us... in Colorado you guys signed him to be a top 4 guy and an anchor on your defense.... which seems was too much for this point in his career.

Anaheim is signing him as a 7th/8th guy that hopefully will push our guys battling for those spots, and teach the young players... Its very unlikely he gets a whole lot of play time considering anaheims defense, outside of the first month or so while we wait on vatanen/lindholm.... which is irrelevant cause we usually play our worst hockey during that month anyway

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I don't think anyone is claiming beauchmin will be a great player... but its a depth signing for us... in Colorado you guys signed him to be a top 4 guy and an anchor on your defense.... which seems was too much for this point in his career.

Anaheim is signing him as a 7th/8th guy that hopefully will push our guys battling for those spots, and teach the young players... Its very unlikely he gets a whole lot of play time considering anaheims defense, outside of the first month or so while we wait on vatanen/lindholm.... which is irrelevant cause we usually play our worst hockey during that month anyway

Hey I'm with you, the Avs as a collection of players are much better than the train wreck of a team they were last year. FB was really bad regardless but it's a fine depth signing for Anaheim in a place where he has played his best hockey.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
If he is making the team worse.... then hes probably playing in a situation that he shoudlnt have been playing in the first place. That's not going to happen in Anaheim baring huge injury bug.

Lindholm
Fowler
Manson
Vatanen
Montour
Larsson
Bieska
Beauchmin

he slots in the 8th spot on our depth chart, and that's not including guys like mahura, welinski, megna and pettersson.

I truly hope you are right, but I have zero confidence that RC will treat him like an 8th D. My guess is Larsson/Montour sit so Beauch can play. Its easy to remember how he was when he was in ANA last but I saw a few Avs games last year and wow was I shocked at the decline.

From what I saw of him, Avs fans are spot on with the analysis (well minus some of the more extreme hyperbole). Out of position frequently and clearly no longer has the wheels to get back to the play once he figures it out. It was literally the only time I thought BM might have been right to choose Bieksa over him. And now we're stuck with both.... lord help us if they end up on the ice at the same time.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I truly hope you are right, but I have zero confidence that RC will treat him like an 8th D. My guess is Larsson/Montour sit so Beauch can play. Its easy to remember how he was when he was in ANA last but I saw a few Avs games last year and wow was I shocked at the decline.

From what I saw of him, Avs fans are spot on with the analysis (well minus some of the more extreme hyperbole). Out of position frequently and clearly no longer has the wheels to get back to the play once he figures it out. It was literally the only time I thought BM might have been right to choose Bieksa over him. And now we're stuck with both.... lord help us if they end up on the ice at the same time.

Well hopefully the ladder doesn't occur as I feel Montour will def earn a spot out of camp, and honestly I thought Larsson could have stayed with the team last year.... if we do ice beauch + bieska while the line up is healthy and sit Montour/larsson, RC should be fired on the spot

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Lindholm
Fowler
Manson
Vatanen
Montour
Larsson
Bieska
Beauchmin

I agree with this.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This signing makes no sense. Anaheim seemed set at D. Why take ice time away from other players?

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

Montour isn't going to sit for Franky unless Montour struggles l. Beauch's contract spells out exactly the role they envision him in. Spot starter/ depth.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This signing makes no sense. Anaheim seemed set at D. Why take ice time away from other players?

Well for 1 Vatanen/lindholm and I think bieska will likely miss a lil time(someone might correct me about bieska).

2) BM likes to have 8 dmen on the roster, beauchmin fills that spot... I don't expect him to take mins from players with a healthily line up unless he actually earns them.

So now we have
Lindholm Vatanen
Fowler Manson
Bieska Montour
Holtzer Beauchmin

The only thing id say I don't like is that kinda mean its unlikely we will see Larsson after the injuries are done... but I think if he starts the season here hes going to make it hard for them to sit him out.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Terrific deal, the player still appears to have a lot left.

huh.gif

He was bad last year. Bad bad bad.

You'd think Anaheim would have something better to do with $1 million than this but OK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad