Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Francois Beauchemin (1 Year, $1M w/ Bonuses)

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Just to counter any Ducks fans who think one of their cup-winning heroes is being treated unfairly by people who had to witness him playing a key role in the worst NHL team in twenty years:

(bunch of whining cut out)

Don't try and paint people with a vested interest in the team criticising him for that as unreasonable or ignorant.

We took back Carlyle as coach, and Toronto fans just couldn't stop whining how bad he was. He wasn't that bad.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Pretty funny how Avs fans are putting all the blame on him, when they play him +20min a night, haha.

Limited role in Ducks, should be fine.

if it were up to avs fans he would've been bought out after game 2 last year. Colorado was bad, and beauchemin may have been colorado's greatest liability. Not only was he an ineffective Dman, he was responsible, himself personally, for a ridiculous amount of goals against, whether it was getting cleanly beat or putting the puck in the net on his own.

that being said he was forced into a role that he didn't belong in. A cut back of minutes and quality of comp could see him flourish in a limited role.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
if it were up to avs fans he would've been bought out after game 2 last year. Colorado was bad, and beauchemin may have been colorado's greatest liability. Not only was he an ineffective Dman, he was responsible, himself personally, for a ridiculous amount of goals against, whether it was getting cleanly beat or putting the puck in the net on his own.

that being said he was forced into a role that he didn't belong in. A cut back of minutes and quality of comp could see him flourish in a limited role.

We're safe then. That's Bieksa's job in ANA. God only knows what sort of mayhen they could cause on the ice at the same time. We'll be racking up goals against where both D are on the wrong side of the redline when the puck goes in or some such craziness.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Great signing if he won't play any games. There is nothing left to his game unless his coaches tell him the truth, "Beauch you need to make your game Novice levels of simple because your puck skills and skating are out the window". Otherwise he'll still be the terrible player he was in Colorado and the only thing giving him limited minutes will do is give him limited opportunities to screw up majorly.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Great depth signing.

Beauchemin clearly isn't the same player he was but that's why he's only getting 1M on a 1 year deal. There's no downside to this deal for the Ducks.

Not playing over 20 minutes against top lines with a team full of guys that don't care for each and are filled with spineless players will help Beauchemin dramatically.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Great depth signing.

Beauchemin clearly isn't the same player he was but that's why he's only getting 1M on a 1 year deal. There's no downside to this deal for the Ducks.

Not playing over 20 minutes against top lines with a team full of guys that don't care for each and are filled with spineless players will help Beauchemin dramatically.

that's the part I think people are missing hes not signed to do anything significant... he is basically signed to help coach our young guys and be a 7th-8th guy baring any significant injuries, and even then I wouldn't be shocked if some of our lesser known young dmen are chosen over him.

The locker room presence imo is worth it... maybe he didn't fit in colorados locker room, I have to assume there wasn't much leadership amogst that team to begin with but Anaheim has a lot of leaders in the locker room and beacuhmin is just another vetern presence added to the locker.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I hope the Ducks have the copyrights to Yakety Sax for all of his "highlights" next year.

:laugh: :handclap:
I love Beauch and I`m happy he`s back and also while it is clear he has regressed but I don`t believe he has become ''AHL/ECHL player at best''. That being said this is a great comment, made me laugh :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->