Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Francois Beauchemin (1 Year, $1M w/ Bonuses)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The king of icings is the title I give him in Colorado, which possessed a defensive core of Nick Holden, Nate Guenin, and Brad Stuart at one point.

Completely past his prime and is playing on fumes now; he most definitely is NOT a player you can limit and still succeed considering his skating, age, and just overall ability (even if I believe this doesn't really hurt the Ducks).

Glad he's someone else's problem now, but I do wish the best and most successful for him. He really was an awesome player and is a great person. Just expect negative plays out of him now Duck fans and absolute zero chance for him to rebound.

The single most destructive player I've ever witnessed the Colorado Avalanche have. Sure there's been worse players. Nate Guenin comes to mind. But Nate Guenin didn't think he was Gretzky and play outside his limitations. He also didn't get the minutes that Beauchemin had.

I hope the best for Beauchemin. He may turn it around. His first year for the Avs he was absolutely fantastic. The year prior in Anaheim he helped Lindholm become what he has become. But last season was a total disaster. Every single shift he just made bad play after bad play. Like I said, there have been worse hockey players. But those guys know they are bad and will dump the puck when in trouble or do something. Beauchemin made giveaway after giveaway. Bad pinch after bad pinch. He wandered all over the ice at the most confusing times for no reason. I've never witnessed a hockey player cause the severity of on ice damage to a hockey team that Francois Beauchemin caused last year.
100% undeniably accurate Kento.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nope, with Beauch the opposite was true.

The Avs were not a good team. Beauch made them the worst team in the last decade.

He was literally that bad. He alone easily was the reason for 75 of the goals against us last year.
Sometimes its the enviorment.. well see how he does in anaheim.... granted he wont be asked to do too much for us, other than be a 6th or 7th guy.

Him and fowler were great together but i imagine his skating bas declined a lot

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's the best strategy to do ... if you want Patch to score 4 goals ;)

LOL I just looked up the stats for that game. 5v5 Beauchemin played the least minutes of any defenseman and was still on the ice for the most shot attempts against among all Avs D. He was on the ice for 5 shot attempts for and 19 shot attempts against.

He also had 5 giveaways that game. Zadorov was 2nd with 2.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
One of the worst players I've seen play in the modern era last year. Was so freaking awful that it just became funny when he was anywhere around the puck or just on the ice in general. Then he tried that leadership crap in practice and his teammates just tuned him out since he had absolutely no place to talk with his play. I hope the Ducks have the copyrights to Yakety Sax for all of his "highlights" next year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

The Avs were not a good team. Beauch made them the worst team in the last decade.

He was literally that bad. He alone easily was the reason for 75 of the goals against us last year.

Well, he probably shouldn't be playing as much and won't now. You guys spread him out too thin.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think he'll be nearly as bad in a limited role.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Has one left and rejoined a team as much as Beauch with the ducks in recent years?

Oct 18, 2011
One of the worst players I've seen play in the modern era last year. Was so freaking awful that it just became funny when he was anywhere around the puck or just on the ice in general. Then he tried that leadership crap in practice and his teammates just tuned him out since he had absolutely no place to talk with his play. I hope the Ducks have the copyrights to Yakety Sax for all of his "highlights" next year.
Sounds like leaf fans after last time he came back. It worked out fine

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

I guess we can expect the Avs to improve by 70 goals next year then.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Lets be fair, colorado makes everyone look bad

No man. He was one of the two anchors on that team. He was a suffocating figure who destroyed the confidence of the younger players. I'm shocked that he got signed. At this point, he's a better Olympic diver than actual hockey player.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Sounds like leaf fans after last time he came back. It worked out fine
Difference is he returned last time at age 30. Now he's 37. Sure he was on a mess of a team, but his skills have deteriorated quite notably in just the past 18 months.

Good for him. This is a fair deal for Anaheim to see if he can etch out a limited role on a solid team, but lets not kid ourselves, there's a reason the Avs bought him out despite receiving zero cap relief and two openings on defense that are anything but spoken for at this point.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
21:30 minutes per game last year. Ouch. Maybe <15 per game and some press box time might do some good, but he by no means should be a workhorse that the Avs had him doing.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
21:30 minutes per game last year. Ouch. Maybe <15 per game and some press box time might do some good, but he by no means should be a workhorse that the Avs had him doing.

You got that damn right! I would go as far as ten minutes a game. Even less perhaps. Zero is preferable.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He was one of the worst players in the league last year. Lack of speed in thought, feet and hands compensated by a taking bigger risks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->