OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe Bran saw this all happening as it did and it was the only way it could have happened. Everyone expecting Jon to kill the NK, so when it wasn't, I would say that was highly unexpected (but make sense since they have been building her up to be a ridiculous assassin. Also, if everyone died this episode, that would have also been expected, true GOT would let them live during a time of sure death, only to be killed in the final 3 episodes when you least expect it.
True GOT used each character for the value they were worth...now they're keeping people around for sentiment.

Only weird part about Arya killing the NK was the whole prince who was promised thing. They mentioned it didn't have to be a guy, but still confused as to how it is Arya. I suspect the books will be different there

Reactions: VladDrag

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I feel like those are things we might find out later. Remember, Bran gave Arya that dagger. Melisandre also had some kind of weird connection with Arya too. I guess training for those seasons to be one of the most lethal and stealthy assassins came into play for her Arc.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don't recall the specifically of the episode - and quite honestly to me, it doesn't matter. While this is going on, there's an undead dragon breathing frostfire breath 20 yards away so 'reality' means little to meet here, but I digress - the scene has a stone entryway if I recall, and is shrouded in trees into the weirwood tree clearing. It's not crazy to think she could've climbed out on a branch given how they already portrayed her sneakiness. In fact, they probably put the library scene in there for that very reason.
Come on your telling me that Aria ripping off the face shroud, saying “A girl has a name!”, while the NK having a shocked look on his face wouldn’t have been cheesy but so much better?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Come on your telling me that Aria ripping off the face shroud, saying “A girl has a name!”, while the NK having a shocked look on his face wouldn’t have been cheesy but so much better?

Like I said - I've got no problem with people having the opinion that they handled the night kings death poorly. I think having Arya kill him like that was a total disservice to the night king. Gut Cersei like a little bitch, that storyline has dragged on long enough. The night king deserved a better death than some trivial dragon aerial battle and then getting stabbed.

My issue is the "Arya can't jump that far" idea when there's undead zombies and Giants around attacking a fort so that an undead guy that turns everything to ice is trying to kill a kid in a wheelchair (who can take over the minds and actions of people and animals)while said undead dudes pet undead dragon is casually breathing frost fire breath everywhere".

Call out plot failures all day long. But if you want 'reality', well, you came to the wrong series.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
So where/why did Bran warg out? Was he just checking **** out or did he do something?

I think people expect Bran to take control of the animal kingdom and take over or something. My take? He knew everything that was going to happen, as it happened and helped make sure it happened as is. From the people who would be at Winterfell, to giving Arya the Dagger that would end up killing the NK, to Theon being beside him. To me, they are very much touching on things to the point of it all happening for a reason. If he doesn't play out precisely as it did, good chance everyone dies if importance and that's a wrap.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Well, the thing with the Walkers is that if they're killed, everyone they raised dies too. So you aren't just losing one captain, you'd lose a chunk of your army as well; it makes sense for them to stay back. As for the Valyrian steel, it did come into play. It let them kill the wights. Only obsidian and VS can do that, and a type of glass isn't the greatest weapon. I appreciated the sword Dany grabbed having big chunks taken out of it. Many wights had steel blades and armor, so that would do a number on obsidian.

Edit: At this point I wonder if characters dying is no longer a twist, and characters living is. I fully expected Brienne to be toast, I'm super surprised she isn't. Maybe the fact that it seemed so predictable is what steered them away from it.
There may be characters that died due to this episode that we won't know about until next week. Many had to be wounded, some seriously. Have no fear, there will be more major characters dying over the next couple of weeks.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I'd rather our main characters die unexpectedly than being killed in the biggest battle of the show. Assuming the mains are left, the vast majority probably still have major roles left in the last 3 episodes.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Ok so supposedly there is a rumored GRRM quote that is something like “it’s hard to write a series where the main character died 15 years earlier”- which leads to my head-canon theory so i can reconcile Arya killing NK.

That main character was Rhaegar, who truly was the Azor Ahai (killed his loved one via childbirth etc), and normally the NK would have been attacking a unified 7 kingdoms and the AA would be with them.
Robert’s rebellion messed everything up, and the three eyed raven sought bran out to pass on the knowledge and help guide events so they could still have a chance to defeat NK without a chosen one.

Flame away. Also, i sorta wish NK was the final big bad, not Cersei. But I’ll reserve judgement until we see it play out.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don't understand peoples problem with the NK dying the way he did. Did people just casually miss the part about the dragon trying to burn him and then resurrecting all of the dead?

Reactions: bennysflyers16

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd rather our main characters die unexpectedly than being killed in the biggest battle of the show. Assuming the mains are left, the vast majority probably still have major roles left in the last 3 episodes.
I don't dislike this idea, it just bothered me that there is this huge insane ridiculous over top battle and yet every single main character survives (and no, Jorah and Theon are not main characters). Reminds me almost of old Star Trek episodes where you just know the main guys aren't going to die and only the redshirts will. It has been my fear since before the season premier and it is only living up to that.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Like I said - I've got no problem with people having the opinion that they handled the night kings death poorly. I think having Arya kill him like that was a total disservice to the night king. Gut Cersei like a little *****, that storyline has dragged on long enough. The night king deserved a better death than some trivial dragon aerial battle and then getting stabbed.

My issue is the "Arya can't jump that far" idea when there's undead zombies and Giants around attacking a fort so that an undead guy that turns everything to ice is trying to kill a kid in a wheelchair (who can take over the minds and actions of people and animals)while said undead dudes pet undead dragon is casually breathing frost fire breath everywhere".

Call out plot failures all day long. But if you want 'reality', well, you came to the wrong series.
It’s not a matter of reality, it’s a matter of choosing the vehicle poorly. Whether she could or could not jump that far is a non issue, they established a reasonable method that they could have proceeded with.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There may be characters that died due to this episode that we won't know about until next week. Many had to be wounded, some seriously. Have no fear, there will be more major characters dying over the next couple of weeks.

It remains to be seen what Bronn does with that crossbow.

If Brienne takes a bolt for Jaime though he's gonna have a hard time getting to Bronn before Tormund gets him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s not a matter of reality, it’s a matter of choosing the vehicle poorly. Whether she could or could not jump that far is a non issue, they established a reasonable method that they could have proceeded with.

Theyve spent the entire show establishing Arya as being reasonably able to kill the NK in that exact method, emphasizing both that she's extremely sneaky and skilled.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Theyve spent the entire show establishing Arya as being reasonably able to kill the NK in that exact method, emphasizing both that she's extremely sneaky and skilled.
tenor.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Again. I dont have a problem with saying they handled the death poorly.

My argument was against the "she can't even jump that far" type of comment. I don't even like that Arya got the death blow. Seems like a total waste of a build up to the Night King to have him taken out like a chump.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Anyone else expecting Arya not taking credit for herself on killing the NK and Bran knowing to not give her the credit either and give it to someone else?

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Again. I dont have a problem with saying they handled the death poorly.

My argument was against the "she can't even jump that far" type of comment. I don't even like that Arya got the death blow. Seems like a total waste of a build up to the Night King to have him taken out like a chump.

It made it pretty clear that the Dragon fire was useless and the idea of Jon even coming close to him was laughable (So the 2 main characters can't kill him it seems). If the NK can't see the future, then wouldn't a stealthy assassin (she would be the only one likely from the entire group at WF), would be the one who could take him out (with the dagger) designed for this exact purpose? Who else was supposed to take him out exactly? Theon? Well he tried but dead. Wheel chair Bran?

Reactions: Lindberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad