OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The Vale is still a pretty intact force. The Tullys weren't wiped either, and her garbage uncle is now free from whatever vow to the Freys and Jaime can free him from vows to the Lannisters.

Yeah I didn't mean to minimalize the force, just Sansas impact in the overall. I think she'll be much more of a background player than anything, that's all. Won't mean the impact isn't there, but it will be more subdued.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's so disappointing to see the book prophecies not even subverted or twisted, but completely ignored.

What is John's arc now? To die with no culmination or to literally meme it up and become Aragorn because we've just jumped the shark?

What was the entire point of Bran's story? Did he become the 3ER just to reveal John's heritage?

Reactions: Ruck Over

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm hoping we learn that the NK can't be killed. He'll just re-manifest up north. After all, he was beaten once before, and here he was again. That provides a reason for Aegon Targaryen to become the 1000th Lord Commander of a rebuilt NW.

But I'm sure we won't learn that.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I'm hoping we learn that the NK can't be killed. He'll just re-manifest up north. After all, he was beaten once before, and here he was again. That provides a reason for Aegon Targaryen to become the 1000th Lord Commander of a rebuilt NW.

Yeah, Alt-Shift X thinks that but I can't help but think it's just denial after all the years of theorizing. We're not even sure if GRRM is going to have an NK.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Episode 6 ends with another human appendage art work, and a mumbled, grim "Hodor" off camera...

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I guess they could swing something where the NK respawns far in the North at that particular Weirwood shrine, Bran knows of it and John goes to kill it 'in its cradle' in the final episode.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It was Littlefinger's dagger, which is Valyrian Steel.

Sam isn't dead and neither is Tormund.

Guess I will have to rewatch that scene. Thought it was the weapon Gendry made her.
I really dont know how the Dany/Jon/Sensa arc will play out. Had a thought earlier of a Jon/Dany backstabbing scene. But I am not sure now.
Didn’t really have an issue with Arya being the one to kill the NK. It would of been weaker if it was Dany.
I wonder if there was something with a prior 3 eyed raven and the NK that made him want to put an end to Bran. That was his ultimate goal

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Guess I will have to rewatch that scene. Thought it was the weapon Gendry made her.
I really dont know how the Dany/Jon/Sensa arc will play out. Had a thought earlier of a Jon/Dany backstabbing scene. But I am not sure now.
Didn’t really have an issue with Arya being the one to kill the NK. It would of been weaker if it was Dany.
I wonder if there was something with a prior 3 eyed raven and the NK that made him want to put an end to Bran. That was his ultimate goal

She used that weapon when she was out near the ramparts, but then she lost it.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
HC from deep again,

What exactly is the point of Jon's character now? He essentially lived his life to defeat the White Walkers and he wasn't the one to do defeat the Night King. He doesn't want to sit on the Iron Throne, or at least has shown zero interest in it. Yeah, he got everyone together to fight this battle but what is the end goal for such an important character? I just can't see that being the ultimate goal.

Option A) Jon follows Dany into war to help her as she helped him and whatever happens happens.
Option B) Jon and Dany clash and in the end they are the two fighting for the "Throne."

I'm going with option B if we're going to get an ending that Jon deserves as Option A seems pretty blah for the importance of Jon to the entire story.
Jon is the rightful heir, but Dany can't abide because she's more of her father's daughter than anyone wants to admit.

Jon serves to ensure an ending of the true mad queen sitting in the iron throne as she will murder him to claim the throne.

:p:

I'm only half joking.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The NK catching Arya perfectly in mid air like that made it clear to me, anyone coming at him from the front with a sword, is pretty much useless. As he disposed of Theon pretty damn easily and it isn't like he wasn't taking out hundreds of wights on his own before he died. I feel like if we had more seasons and more time, things would probably be explained in vast more details, but we don't have time on our side.
Don't have time because there's two filler episodes to start the season. A lot of emotional attachment in episode 2 for characters that didn't die in episode 3.

Plus, the Dorne excursion. That was time well spent on the show that could not have better been allocated to parts of the story the showrunners actually think is important or something. /sarcasm

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It's so disappointing to see the book prophecies not even subverted or twisted, but completely ignored.

What is John's arc now? To die with no culmination or to literally meme it up and become Aragorn because we've just jumped the shark?

What was the entire point of Bran's story? Did he become the 3ER just to reveal John's heritage?
Refresh my memory please?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't have time because there's two filler episodes to start the season. A lot of emotional attachment in episode 2 for characters that didn't die in episode 3.

Plus, the Dorne excursion. That was time well spent on the show that could not have better been allocated to parts of the story the showrunners actually think is important or something. /sarcasm

I'm thumping this drum again: I blame GRRM for that. The show writers used that to stall in the hope he'd get another book out but as it turns out he's nowhere close to finishing anything. There's really no other reason to do it.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I really don't know how to feel after that. The story I want relies on the Others being more of a force of nature that could never have been defeated, only contained... and yet now they're seemingly gone. The key element underpinning the entire narrative just vanished.

I think that the only way this story ends is with Cersei outright winning or with all the POV characters dead, the entire continent scoured and the details largely passing into myth.

I hope that GRRM has decided to take the books in a drastically different direction.
For sure. He’s already introduced another Targaryen in the books, that alone is a pretty big divergence.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For sure. He’s already introduced another Targaryen in the books, that alone is a pretty big divergence.

As I've mentioned the Others are veerrrryyyy different, and certainly aren't created by the CoF. The dragon horns look to be really significant too. I don't think the one Euron has will matter; if the thing kills you when you blow it, it doesn't matter if you can control a dragon because you've died. But there's a similar horn north of the wall, and I wonder what the Others will use it for if they get it.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Correct on the Unsullied. They're essentially killing robots with zero human emotions. That's why Grey Worm's character arc is pretty cool.

We don't know what kind of numbers are left but yes on loyalty. I'd imagine after this fight they're one cohesive unit for the time being, though
After what Cersei did to Ellaria and her daughter, I wouldn’t be surprised if a Dornish army is on its way to Kings Landing which would be a welcome sight for Dany.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just hope Martin finishes the ****ing books before he drops dead at a Golden Corral.

A few years ago people got offended by this kind of thing by saying "Geez that's morbid, he's only 63, shame on you."

Dude is 70 now and does not appear to be in an encouraging health demographic.

Reactions: Starat327

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
A few years ago people got offended by this kind of thing by saying "Geez that's morbid, he's only 63, shame on you."

Dude is 70 now and does not appear to be in an encouraging health demographic.
Yeah, obesity and old age are rarely a winning combo.

I have a feeling much like Jordan and the Wheel of Time series, he’s going to need a closer to come in and wrap this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad