OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
What ever happened to the dude who was in love with Dany? He had two daggers with naked chicks for handles. Wasn’t he given command of a bunch of Dothraki?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Arya killing NK was weak, IMO. The writers on the after show said they knew for 3 years that she'd be the one who killed him and Jon vs NK was too predictable, which I'm calling major BS on. My biggest issue was that we had a build up of Jon vs NK for the past few seasons with multiple encounters. There was a personal element between them that needed to be settled or explored at the very least. I'm not saying Jon HAD to defeat the NK, but not having a dust up between the two is a major let down. Have Jon fight him and then Arya come in off the top rope to save him.

We better find out what Bran was doing the entire episode

How can you have something personal with the NK, to him, Jon was an ant.

NK only driving emotion was to erase the living presence, and that's why he had to confront Bran, who was the memory of the North. I mean you don't get much joy out of your dead hordes celebrating your victory, you want to see the living know their fate before you destroy them. And Bran, to the NK, was the living heart of the North.

But the girl with no face was the perfect assassin to kill "death."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Jon doesn't deserve to win, like all the Starks, he's honorable with muscles but not much cunning. Not the guy I want running the show.

Of course, Daenerys, being sterile, raises the issue of succession even if she gains the Iron Throne, so Jon's heirs would be perfect, but who would he marry?

Tyrion should end up with Sansa and father the new King of the North.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
As I've mentioned the Others are veerrrryyyy different, and certainly aren't created by the CoF. The dragon horns look to be really significant too. I don't think the one Euron has will matter; if the thing kills you when you blow it, it doesn't matter if you can control a dragon because you've died. But there's a similar horn north of the wall, and I wonder what the Others will use it for if they get it.
Who are the others????

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jon doesn't deserve to win, like all the Starks, he's honorable with muscles but not much cunning. Not the guy I want running the show.

Of course, Daenerys, being sterile, raises the issue of succession even if she gains the Iron Throne, so Jon's heirs would be perfect, but who would he marry?

Tyrion should end up with Sansa and father the new King of the North.

I think Dany isn't sterile anymore.

Hard to see Jon wanting the throne or moving to take it. Dude has had every command he was given forced upon him.

Who are the others????

I forget that they aren't called that in the show. That's what the White Walkers are called in the books.

In the books the White Walkers (the Others) come first, not the Night King. Nobody knows from where, other than the far north. Mel claims they are the spawn of The Great Other, the Lord of Light's opposite. They are eventually pushed back after the Long Night and the Wall is built. The Night King is actually a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who is seduced by one of them and I don't know if his status is living or dead in the books, that isn't clarified yet, but based on his heavy usage in the show I'm guessing he shows up there if GRRM ever writes again.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Samwell Tarly fighting at the Battle of Winterfell - per reddit
giphy.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ah, then yes, that's true. The Vale and Tully's are the only ones who made it through this mess unscathed(mostly).

The Glover's refusal to take part in battle means that they have forces unscathed

Not sure if they play part but if they can be guilted into it by rest of North that would add potential troops though reliability of house that has twice abandoned its vows to Starks is issue

House Glover has no doubt forever been stained in North by its refusal to take part in defense of North. That is certainly a blow to honor of family and could be enough to force them onto field after news spreads of what happened at Winterfell

I also assume its possible that Dany could terrify what is left of Frey forces into serving under her. They lost leadership when Arya wiped them out but should still have thousands of poorly trained and leadership troops if what is left of forces at Winterfell head South

Just use a Dragon to scare obedience into what is left of Frey's

And there is always possibility that Jamie can get what is left of Lannister army to flip potentially. No doubt what is left of Lannister forces have to have low morale at this point and aren't exactly happy with situation as Cersei has essentially replaced them with Golden Company and within King's Landing they wield no power as Kings Guard and City Watch control security there

Before Jamie left he was conferring with what was left of Lannister military leadership and it could be possible he can convince them to turn on Cersei as they approach KL

As for other regions that are leaderless and presumably in some form of chaos/dysfunction such as Dorne they could conceivably declare allegiance and support to Dany/etc after news of battle spreads thru Westeros

Dorne militarily is actually in fine order as they didn't commit forces to Dany's campaign and nor the war of the 5 Kings

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Glover's refusal to take part in battle means that they have forces unscathed

Not sure if they play part but if they can be guilted into it by rest of North that would add potential troops though reliability of house that has twice abandoned its vows to Starks is issue

House Glover has no doubt forever been stained in North by its refusal to take part in defense of North. That is certainly a blow to honor of family and could be enough to force them onto field after news spreads of what happened at Winterfell

I also assume its possible that Dany could terrify what is left of Frey forces into serving under her. They lost leadership when Arya wiped them out but should still have thousands of poorly trained and leadership troops if what is left of forces at Winterfell head South

Just use a Dragon to scare obedience into what is left of Frey's

And there is always possibility that Jamie can get what is left of Lannister army to flip potentially. No doubt what is left of Lannister forces have to have low morale at this point and aren't exactly happy with situation as Cersei has essentially replaced them with Golden Company and within King's Landing they wield no power as Kings Guard and City Watch control security there

Before Jamie left he was conferring with what was left of Lannister military leadership and it could be possible he can convince them to turn on Cersei as they approach KL

As for other regions that are leaderless and presumably in some form of chaos/dysfunction such as Dorne they could conceivably declare allegiance and support to Dany/etc after news of battle spreads thru Westeros

Dorne militarily is actually in fine order as they didn't commit forces to Dany's campaign and nor the war of the 5 Kings

Pretty sure The Reach is still pretty intact (I don't really recall though, was doing school during that episode), and anything they swore to Jaime was to him more than Cersei.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Something minor noted on internet that may have not been noticed

Alys Karstark and Karstark archers were with Theon/Bran/Ironborn in leadup to battle so presumably she and her archers died thus another Northern House was extinguished (Marmont and Umber the others)

So yeah the North is not in good shape at this point

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Alys Karstark and Karstark archers were with Theon/Bran/Ironborn in leadup to battle so presumably she and her archers died thus another Northern House was extinguished (Marmont and Umber the others)

Lots of major lordship openings for a Bronn though, but to be honest that wouldn't make a shred of sense.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
As entertaining as that last episode was, I’ve realized I need to dumb down all the theories in my head.

There’s been so many missed opportunities and interesting story developments thus far in this season. It’s been just very straight forward and underwhelming from a story perspective.

Ending the night king and his army in the 3rd episode without even getting into any meaning of their symbols, the true purpose, etc was just plain lazy.

Dany and Jon were completely useless in this last episode and were dumb as hell. Jon charging the night king for one on one battle amongst a field of dead? Dany chillin on drogon completely oblivious to all the dead climbing it? It was kind of sad how they had no idea what to do with their main characters this past episode.

I really am hoping for an interesting twist but the more this season carries on, the more I just anticipate everything to go through the motions and leave previous developments unanswered.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lots of cartoonish things to point out...but it was entertaining and edge of your seat...

Still trying to figure out what Bran was doing...

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Gendry's alive presumably so I could see him being named a Lord and given the Bolton's lands. Altho Storm's End is prob more likely as he is Baratheon

You also have wildlings who could be rewarded, if they are willing to be under a king/queen that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad