OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
About 7 episodes/seasons late, but considering the angst after last week's episode in the Obsequious Banter thread, it could be a fun thread to continue to revisit without heading into the Page 2 thread.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is good for talking about either the show or the books, but the mods and the population can disagree.

Winter is here! Enjoy!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So are spoilers allowed or at least what seems to be considered "spoilers" after the show/episodes actually air???

Tonight I will have to watch a replay so at least this thread will be obvious to stay away from....

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I read the books (to date) after watching the first season. Big fan, but the writing of D&D could be better at this point. Arya's fake conflict with Sansa makes no sense. Littlefinger won't survive the night though.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So are spoilers allowed or at least what seems to be considered "spoilers" after the show/episodes actually air???

Tonight I will have to watch a replay so at least this thread will be obvious to stay away from....

I think we should still use spoiler tags, but I threw the spoiler warning up so people who haven't watched the most recent episodes know not to open this thread...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
*SPOILER*

Holy ****.

That ice dragon was dope!

Great finale!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Incest ....Jon put the blocks to his aunt. Good one...

Cerce is such a kniving beyotch...

Figured Little Finger would be played by the Stark sisters. Glad him and his cheesy raspy voice are done with.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I hate watch this show now. From the episode, I enjoyed the Stark kids vs. Little Finger, the last scene with Jamie and Cerci, the rest of it was crap. Kit and Emilia''s acting is so stupid, they are criminally making these characters puke worthy. Like a cynic wrestling fan who boo''s the face, because the baby face sucks and the heels are more charismatic and likeable.

Theon really wins a fight that he is badly losing because his attacker tried to knee him in the crotch three times to no effect. I get Theon''s been neutered, which should be common knowledge by now, but those knees wouldn't have given him a Charlie horse at least? Zombie ice dragon has excellent flying skills with holes in wings because physics isn't a thing, and that shot in the neck, then immediately being plunged into sub-zero water really accelerated the rot, amirite?

Oh, Qybrin being fascinated by the undead was on character, plus. Why did the Hound solo carry the chest up a long ramp? That unnecessary grandstanding takes me out of the moment.

Icy hot, not just a prank for jock straps and sports bras! Now the latest taek on our zombie dragon- so cool it burns! Your freezer ain't got burn power like this Liz.

Oh, and the pace of story telling, the fast forwardness to get stuff done, another inconsistency that removes joy from the show. I pray for grrm's health. Books, you're the only one who can save us now.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Incest ....Jon put the blocks to his aunt. Good one...

Cerce is such a kniving beyotch...

Figured Little Finger would be played by the Stark sisters. Glad him and his cheesy raspy voice are done with.

Pretty sure thats tradition for the Targaryans anyway, keeps the bloodline "Pure". The episode recap, the writers/creators of the show were talking about how that is something that will drive a wedge between the 2 of them and how it will be a huge point of contention. But I don't understand how. Jon doesn't want the Iron Throne anyway, and if he doesn't want it and they get married (which is where that seems to be heading) then why would either of them have a problem with that?

Cersei always gonna Cersei, Tyrion should have some sort of contingency for it. You could see that coming a mile away.

I thought the Arya Sansa plot was going to annoy me again tonight. Glad it did not.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm assuming that Dany will be pregnant at some point. I know they stated "she can't have kids," a long time ago, but seems like something they'll do.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm assuming that Dany will be pregnant at some point. I know they stated "she can't have kids," a long time ago, but seems like something they'll do.

Yeah...it will be the Battle of the Babies....Cersei's baby versus Dany's. Who will throw the grandest baby shower?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The leaks of the plot that came out long ago were correct all season long except one thing, which is still likely to happen.

Be careful reading anything that comes out once they start filming again.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I think they want a little more of a show down, Jaime might (I hope) join w/ Dany & Jon (Aegon) which will set that whole thing in motion.

Yeah, I think Danaerys' group just got the one thing they've never had: A competent field general.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I mean does a field general really matter against the dead?

The Lannister forces aren't dead. Jaime's not going to matter in the first fight, but in the second, when Cersei's consolidated and the northern/Targaryan forces are depleted, he could make a significant difference.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Qybrin is going to use the undead prisoner as a specimen and create an army of Zombies for Cersei...

I think Cersei is faking being pregnant ...also no way she just lets Tyrion and Jamie walk like that but I guess she has a bigger scheme planned involving both of them.

Also Jamie probably can now hook up with Brienne and make babies with her much to the dislike of Tormund who I am guessing survived the smashing of the wall somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad