All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XI: Will We Go Through A Thread This Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Do you think that I, in my role as your style consultant, would advise you to wear a Cat Gandalf shirt, yes or no? Obviously I would hand you a Dog Gandalf shirt. In fact, I already made the design.

pxRT8wR.png
This is more JOJO
67_2000x.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well, I don't want to bring a dark cloud into this thread and I don't want anyone to react that way. Things are bad all over now, literally. But as some of you know, my oldest dog, the one in my avatar, has cancer. He responded badly after his last chemotherapy treatment, which was last Monday. I took him into the hospital yesterday and well, it looks like this is the end. Now I have to decide what to do, they told me that I would be allowed inside to be with him when he's euthanized. Or I could bring him home and basically wait for him to die. Which most likely would be a day or so. The problem of course, one of many actually, is that when you're trying to deal with a situation like this you're not exactly in the best emotional state to think clearly.

Anyway, not really looking for sympathy or advice although I know gladly and with genuine concern give both. Just wanted to let everyone know... I'm not sure why but thought it was the right thing to do. Eternal thanks to HC for giving my best boy a shout-out in the Sixers thread title.

man that really sucks. They are like a family member. I cried for days after my dog died(natural causes) awhile back.
Just try and think of all the good times you had. Buy him a steak and hopefully he has the energy to enjoy it.

Reactions: Jack Straw

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
"When the US vice president visited doctors and patients at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, on Tuesday, he was the only person not wearing a mask, according to reporters. The move violates the clinic's policy on masks, and disregards the recommendation of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A statement from a spokesperson for the Mayo Clinic said Pence was made aware of the policy."

- Per Twitter

What a flaming bag of dicks this butthole is

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What do they plan on doing with the flags and cup? And ball washers and such I assume are all taken away?
Flags stay in and the cups are raised so the ball doesn't actually go in. Not as fun, but gotta do what ya gotta do

Yeah, no ball washers, rakes in the bunkers or water coolers out three

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Flags stay in and the cups are raised so the ball doesn't actually go in. Not as fun, but gotta do what ya gotta do

Yeah, no ball washers, rakes in the bunkers or water coolers out three

This would be my golfing ideal. A major reason I shoot approximately 180 is an extraordinary ability to kiss the cup and have the ball spin out of the drain.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is something I'm shocked wasn't put in place long ago. I mean I sure didn't think of it, but in hindsight it's so obvious. Lots of teams have in-arena jersey alteration shops, those could have been put to work filling orders which could have also kept those employees working.

Fanatics did that with MLB jerseys when this whole thing started.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
This is something I'm shocked wasn't put in place long ago. I mean I sure didn't think of it, but in hindsight it's so obvious. Lots of teams have in-arena jersey alteration shops, those could have been put to work filling orders which could have also kept those employees working.
There's a lot of things we could have done in hindsight. I'm sure there will be a post 9/11 write up of missteps we made. The question is will it be 1-2 years from now or 5-6;).

I've been thinking about getting one of these as I think they look sharp
SVNHCBBLPRFCPF_p_800x.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Williams is the good guy in this story. He wasn’t involved in that intimidate photo scam whatsoever. His email got hacked.

Nigerian internet users have often been victims of terrible character assassination schemes by princes in Uganda, who are only pretending to be Nigerian princes. It's shameful.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It took the flyers what, like 7 months to get gritty plush dolls in? On top of that they only got a portion of them.
Now factor in that tons of companies are either not working, working with skeleton crews, or already making product for other clients.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I did not read your full post. Ignore the second half of mine.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It took the flyers what, like 7 months to get gritty plush dolls in? On top of that they only got a portion of them.
Now factor in that tons of companies are either not working, working with skeleton crews, or already making product for other clients.

Lol good point on the Gritty plush dolls. This is not a forward-thinking crew, obviously.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the fixation with surfaces is overblown, unless someone in your home has COVID symptoms and is coughing and sneezing around your stainless steel kitchen counter.

The studies of the virus living on surfaces is laboratory conditions, and the concern is more focused on environments like hospitals where there is a high viral load, so surfaces are continually being contaminated.

In the real world, if you wash your hands on a regular basis, and wipe down your kitchen surfaces and bathroom sink with soap (I use Dawn, because it's the best grease cutter and also de-clogs your pipes) that should be sufficient - the virus is vulnerable to soap, probably more than disinfectant. And you're not likely to bring home a big viral load on your hands or your shopping bag, etc.

Think of the chain to infect you through touch, first the surface, and it has to survive there, then smeared on your fingers or on cardboard, etc., a fraction of what was deposited on the surface in a much thinner layer so it dries quickly, then you have to touch your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands - and even then it's likely to be a small viral load.

Compare to aerosols, where all that is needed for you to breath in a few droplets suspended in air for a few minutes, a far greater viral load going directly into your nasal passages and/or your lungs. That why masks are so important.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
We were asked to wipe down surfaces often along with the hand washing at work. Especially in the cafeteria. You just don’t know how long ago someone touched the microwave or the counter. We are just using the better be safe then sorry rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese