All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XI: Will We Go Through A Thread This Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Big jump in positives and deaths today. Sigh. This plateau is never-ending.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean, it would actually make response even worse since the place is short staffed as-is. And if both VP and Pres go down, well, now we get to add a Constitutional crisis on top of everything else.

He who must not be named is a detriment to the response at this point. His removal would substantially improve things. Much like Hagg. Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: Carter Hart

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Petition to throw Kim Reynolds into the fires of Mt. Doom:

She’s managed to deal with this worse than my ignorant Governor (Stitt).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Going to be interesting to see how things go with Portugal and Greece.

Two of the most unheralded countries in terms of how they have dealt with the crisis... had way tougher positions than say New Zealand and Australia as well with Lisbon and Athens being big, international, cities with people coming from all over world and being business hubs.

Both starting to relax their measures in the next few days.

(I am following closely as I have a vested interest in Portugal's border being opened! :laugh:)

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
AMC Theater Chain Blasts Universal’s Plans to Release More Movies Digitally

LOS ANGELES—Universal Pictures’ plan to experiment with the theatrical distribution model has sparked all-out war with the world’s largest movie-theater chain.

AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. Chief Executive Adam Aron said his chain would refuse to book any of the Comcast Corp. -owned studio’s movies in his theaters following a Wall Street Journal report on the studio’s plan to release forthcoming titles in theaters and on digital platforms.

In an open letter Tuesday evening addressed to Universal Chairman Donna Langley, Mr. Aron accused the studio of reneging on years of conversations between the studio and theater chain about preserving the exhibitors’ right to an exclusive engagement.

“AMC believes that with this proposed action to go to the home and theatres simultaneously, Universal is breaking the business model and dealings between our two companies,” Mr. Aron wrote. “It assumes that we will meekly accept a reshaped view of how studios and exhibitors should interact, with zero concern on Universal’s part as to how its actions affect us.”

I’ve been waiting for the studios to start doing this for years and the virus finally made them do it.

It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I really have a problem with people who can't take criticism of their actions, if you screw up own it and move on.

Also if you don't like to be criticized don't run for public office
tenor (6).gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nor do I. HCette and I are big movie theater goers.

Yeh, same here. Usually try and go to 10-15 films a year at the cinema at minimum... and over last couple of years experience had started to improve again with the Everyman cinema chain (seriously amazing, seat service, individual sofas and side tables) the UK and a few more smaller independant cinemas doing great jobs... alongside multiple AMC and Odeon theatres in most bigger cities. Would suck to lose that...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He said he declined because he gets tested often. What a static stiff ideological dimwit.

Wait. He can decline because he gets tested often, so he's safe, but the WH has refused for two months to take the lead to expand testing for the rest of us so we'll know when it's safe to go outside.

So basically the WH is protected and the rest of us are on our own?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
HCQ +/- Azithro completely wiped from our treatment guidelines. Doing more and more plasma exchange and actemra to curb the effects of cytokine storm.

Also Remdesivir is short because so much of it is getting used

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait. He can decline because he gets tested often, so he's safe, but the WH has refused for two months to take the lead to expand testing for the rest of us so we'll know when it's safe to go outside.

So basically the WH is protected and the rest of us are on our own?

And it's not like that testing cures him. It's not like we have actual treatments. It's an idiot's mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->