Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I think it’s a mistake to go for it this year

I think the wise strategy is to sell and rebuild towards the future. CHARA is done like dinner but still very appealing to a real contender as a #2 type guy playing reasonable minutes and leading via experience. SEIDENBERG is in decline also. Love ERIKSSON’s game this year but he’s moving on via free agency if not traded so might as well get a return towards the future. That still leaves KREJCI and BERGERON as the core experience, they can show the young guys how to play and who knows, they both still may be effective enough in three years or so to help lead a new generation of Bruins towards another Cup.

DS has to make a choice, either sell or buy. My take is he and management believe there’s a middle ground. I don’t see that at all. This type of strategy would only serve to deal future assets while keeping fast fading assets towards a situation of no real chance now regardless and more impotantly a bleak future.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think Claude is to.

Seriously Pastrnak looks like he will be a solid 20-25 goal winger but a part of the fan base will overvalue him thinking he is the next great scoring winger and wouldn't trade him for an established top 4 wing.

I am not advocating dealing him for nothing, like koko, but if the right deal comes along he should absolutely be in the mix of players that can be moved.

So, once again we're advocating moving a former first round pick? That's ludicrous, we have NO idea what his ceiling is. We won't for a couple more years yet.

Sometimes this place makes me sick!:shakehead

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So, once again we're advocating moving a former first round pick? That's ludicrous, we have NO idea what his ceiling is. We won't for a couple more years yet.

Sometimes this place makes me sick!:shakehead

Pasta is a keeper.

But if his inclusion is what makes or breaks a deal for a young top pairing D, you make the deal.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
What does his statement have to do with Pasta? He was drafted 25th.

Also, I think you're crazy to have doubts about somebody who would normally be playing in a different league at his age and draft pick.

I remember last year when people were saying Pasta wouldn't make the team until at least 2017.

People are expecting too much.

This is where I have an issue.If the kid is playing in the NHL on top 6 forward role then fans are not expecting to much.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
B Connolly for J Drouin straight up? Two high first rounders that could use a change of scenery? :naughty:

Yeah right I'm SURE that Yzerman would like HIM back...NOT:shakehead. Yzerman isn't an idiot and he isn't going to take back a dud for a stud.

I think the wise strategy is to sell and rebuild towards the future. CHARA is done like dinner but still very appealing to a real contender as a #2 type guy playing reasonable minutes and leading via experience. SEIDENBERG is in decline also. Love ERIKSSON’s game this year but he’s moving on via free agency if not traded so might as well get a return towards the future. That still leaves KREJCI and BERGERON as the core experience, they can show the young guys how to play and who knows, they both still may be effective enough in three years or so to help lead a new generation of Bruins towards another Cup.

DS has to make a choice, either sell or buy. My take is he and management believe there’s a middle ground. I don’t see that at all. This type of strategy would only serve to deal future assets while keeping fast fading assets towards a situation of no real chance now regardless and more importantly a bleak future.

Agreed! They need to make brave decisions and be strong enough to stick with them. They want the money flow to continue, and that's fine. But, If they ice a team that is young, energetic and entertaining I still think that tickets will be sold. Whether they make the playoffs this year is another story but you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is where I have an issue.If the kid is playing in the NHL on top 6 forward role then fans are not expecting to much.

He has had his best success playing 3rd line minutes and zone starts with Spooner/Lucic. He actually hasn't established himself as a top 6 NHL forward, yet.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
He has had his best success playing 3rd line minutes and zone starts with Spooner/Lucic. He actually hasn't established himself as a top 6 NHL forward, yet.

I can agree with this 100%.But when Bruins are playing him on top 6 its natural for expectations by fans was mainly my point.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Pasta is a keeper.

But if his inclusion is what makes or breaks a deal for a young top pairing D, you make the deal.

Okay, now that's a totally different story. But, IMO you don't do it unless that top pairing D man is a TOP PAIRING D MAN!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree its not getting Drouin.But I think on other teams KoKo gets s better shot to make it work at NHL level.Kempainnen is proof.

A) Why care what shot Koko gets on another team? He's an asset, if they don't develop and then promote him he's yet another lost asset to the Bruins and that's all that matters.

B) Kempainnen is proof of what? He is just a warm body IMHO...Does nothing for me.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Right now we're paying with bad Karma for the ****ups that Chia and Wayne Smith left us with. Don Sweeney has a lot of heavy lifting to do to get out of this $%^ hole that Chia left us in!
Chia's game plan: Play Now, Pay forever later!

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Uhh what? What does him playing in the top 6 have to do with fans expecting too much out of Pasta?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I am seriously having doubts about Pastrnak. :(

Why on earth would you have doubts now?
He had a fantastic after draft year, and he missed 10 weeks due to lower body injury, isn't this a bit overreacting?
It's his 1st full NHL season and he got injured.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/936982

"Drouin rumors heating up with Blues, Ducks, Predators reportedly the contenders"

Please be Anaheim, please be Anaheim.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I was just listening to Matt Barnaby and Guy Hebert on XM/Sirius and the rumor they were talking about was Drouin for Fowler. Hebert doesn't think Anaheim moves Fowler but it will take a young, top D to acquire Drouin.

Connolly and Koko ain't getting it done.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
What does his statement have to do with Pasta? He was drafted 25th.

Also, I think you're crazy to have doubts about somebody who would normally be playing in a different league at his age and draft pick.

I remember last year when people were saying Pasta wouldn't make the team until at least 2017.

People are expecting too much.
I think people are expecting his performance levels from last year. Hard to argue against that.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Pasta is a keeper.

I do think Pastrnak is a keeper and has a future on the RW in our top 6, but if Pastrnak + Colin Miller could get us Shattenkirk, I would really have to stop and think about that one.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Chara has a no movement clause.If Boston had another top pairing D man like a Shattenkirk you would see a better Chara.As for Drouin.We do not know what Stevie Y wants really.

Chara's not what he once was, but if we are able to pair him with better players than Trotman and either of the Miller's, I'm almost certain we'll see an improved overall game. He has to do too much while he's out there. But again, if the team is just going through growing pains and we want to play for the future, we should be looking to move guys like McQuaid, Seidenberg, Eriksson.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Bos/Dal
To Dal: Dennis Seidenberg (25% retained)
To Bos: 2016 2nd/5th round picks
Gives dallas a legit shut down dman who can boost their PK and give them some grit for a deep playoff run. Bos gets picks back

Bos/Phi
toPhi: Brett Connolly, Alex KhoKhlachev, 2016 2nd (dal)
to Bos: Brayden Schenn
boston gets a good 3rd liner who can move up to 2nd if needed. Philly gets young offensive minded rw and c and a 2nd rnd pick

Bos/Nsh
To nsh: Loui Eriksson and zach trotman
To Bos 2016 1st rnd pick, yakov trenin
Nash adds to it’s skill upfront for a playoff run and adds a young depth rh dman piece. Bos gets a 1st and centre prospect. And Nashville has the cap space to resign loui if they so choose.

Boston fights for a wild card spot with
Belesky-krecji-pasta
Marchand-bergy-schenn
Vatrano-spooner-hayes
Rinaldo-talbot-ferraro
Ex: kempainen

Chara- C miller
Krug-Mcquaid
Morrow-K Miller

Boston then makes an impact at draft and FA with all the picks and cap space to hopefully make a deal for a top pairing rh dman. And maybe max chudinov decides to come over....

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bos/Dal
Gives dallas a legit shut down dman who can boost their PK and give them some grit for a deep playoff run. Bos gets picks back

Bos/Phi
boston gets a good 3rd liner who can move up to 2nd if needed. Philly gets young offensive minded rw and c and a 2nd rnd pick

Bos/Nsh
Nash adds to it’s skill upfront for a playoff run and adds a young depth rh dman piece. Bos gets a 1st and centre prospect. And Nashville has the cap space to resign loui if they so choose.

Belesky-krecji-pasta
Marchand-bergy-schenn
Vatrano-spooner-hayes
Rinaldo-talbot-ferraro

Chara- C miller
Krug-Mcquaid
Morrow-K Miller

Boston then makes an impact at draft and FA with all the picks and cap space to hopefully make a deal for a top pairing rh dman. And maybe max chudinov decides to come over....

Doubt that the flyers would trade Schenn.. Especially for such an uncertain, underwhelming return.

Sharpe Shot

Feb 11, 2014
Boston,Ma/Aylmer,QC
Bos/Dal

Bos/Phi

Bos/Nsh

Belesky-krecji-pasta
Marchand-bergy-schenn
Vatrano-spooner-hayes
Rinaldo-talbot-ferraro

Chara- C miller
Krug-Mcquaid
Morrow-K Miller

Wow. This is one of the more sound proposals I've seen. I also doubt whether or not Philly would send Schenn our way. However, the Nashville trade does sound very plausible and we could definitely use their first and flip it for a potential "top" d-man. Moving Seidenberg to Dallas would also be reasonable.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bos/Dal

Bos/Phi

Bos/Nsh

Belesky-krecji-pasta
Marchand-bergy-schenn
Vatrano-spooner-hayes
Rinaldo-talbot-ferraro

Chara- C miller
Krug-Mcquaid
Morrow-K Miller

I think I just throw-up. :shakehead

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I do think Pastrnak is a keeper and has a future on the RW in our top 6, but if Pastrnak + Colin Miller could get us Shattenkirk, I would really have to stop and think about that one.

Then we have 2 more holes to fill; nah.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
In the bruins forums Seidenberg is described as slow and washed up.

In this trade proposal? He's a "legit shutdown" guy.

wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad