Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Can we keep it to Bruins related? I swear to God every time one of these are created it's just "THIS GUY IS RUMORED TO BE AVAILABLE WE SHOULD TRADE FOR HIM!"

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Can we keep it to Bruins related? I swear to God every time one of these are created it's just "THIS GUY IS RUMORED TO BE AVAILABLE WE SHOULD TRADE FOR HIM!"

If we kept it strictly Bruins related; this thread would be empty most of the year.

Not much is happening right now. There are guys rumored to be available. Who knows if the Bruins are legitimately in on them or not. It's fun to discuss the idea that the Bruins could be. They also may not be. They could also be in on guys that no one even knows about.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
maybe we should have two threads then. one clean thread with real rumors and one for discussion on all other theoretical options.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick

We both know this.. yet we both keep coming back for more :laugh:

Totally agree though. It's frustrating some days.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
How many posts would there be in a "real rumors" thread?

not sure that's really an issue. a clean and tidy place to check what's new versus combing through pages and pages looking for anything saves time for all.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
not sure that's really an issue. a clean and tidy place to check what's new versus combing through pages and pages looking for anything saves time for all.

I think his point is more along the lines of "there are no real rumors". Even the stuff we hear out of "reputable" sources in the national media is usually a bunch of crap. Haggs tweeting that the B's were looking to move Chara and Marchand early in the year is a prime example. We know he's full of it, but on the national stage that counts as a "rumor" so there were pages and pages of proposals bandied out because of it.

Anything that is real news as far as trades and roster moves gets its own thread. Proposals and rumors are usually just fluff anyways. If you want real news stay far, far away from threads like these.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think his point is more along the lines of "there are no real rumors". Even the stuff we hear out of "reputable" sources in the national media is usually a bunch of crap.

Correct. This is the problem.

If the goal is to avoid the garbage, I'm sorry. It's just not a realistic one.

Plus, the conversations would end up overlapping and amounting to the same.

If there is an article posted with real information, we can always start a new thread with the "News Article" tag. People can post exclusively about it in that thread in order to try to keep order.

But until then, we should keep these proposals, mutterings, rumours and spitballing all in here.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Correct. This is the problem.

If the goal is to avoid the garbage, I'm sorry. It's just not a realistic one.

Plus, the conversations would end up overlapping and amounting to the same.

If there is an article posted with real information, we can always start a new thread with the "News Article" tag. People can post exclusively about it in that thread in order to try to keep order.

But until then, we should keep these proposals, mutterings, rumours and spitballing all in here.

Or if someone really wants to just update the original post with just the rumors or "clean" stuff....so people would just have to read that?

Only idea I got besides making a new thread that like you said will overlap anyways.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
having one thread dedicated to this is a great idea. keeps there from being fifteen other random proposal threads at any given time.

somewhat on topic, I'd still like to see them look at Drew Stafford.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think there should be 8 separate threads.

1. Bruins related actual rumors
2. Bruins related actual rumors from media members meaning they're garbage
3. Bruins related hypothetical garbage from us and the other fans.
4. NHL actual rumors (not Bruins rumors)
5. NHL actual rumors from media members meaning they're garbage
6. NHL hypothetical garbage from us and the fans (but separate from the main board because its Bruins fans saying them and opining on them)
7. Actual rumors about Koko (separate from the other thread, because this one is the real stuff)
8. NHL hypothetical garbage relating to all things Koko, likely garbage.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Going to get interesting, Columbus and Nashville working a deal around Johansen and Jones.
If so Columbus would have a great young core after 2016 draft.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Meanwhile on Causeway St....

crickets.jpg

Still evaluating

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
and people actually thought you could get seth jones for krejci

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yes with contracts considered and injury history.

Given Nashville's current position, time will tell to see Johansen is the right move for the NOW. Long term, this is a no brainer, it's a solid hockey trade for both teams, Jones and Johansen address team needs and are still full of potential.

I've been a huge proponent for moving Krejci for a top pairing defenseman, but I'd take Krejci short term over Johansen for a cup contending team. Just due to his playoff history. BUT long term, Johansen is the better choice. Solid pickup for Columbus and Nashville here.

Does this mean a different defenseman is available in Columbus now?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Given Nashville's current position, time will tell to see Johansen is the right move for the NOW. Long term, this is a no brainer, it's a solid hockey trade for both teams, Jones and Johansen address team needs and are still full of potential.

I've been a huge proponent for moving Krejci for a top pairing defenseman, but I'd take Krejci short term over Johansen for a cup contending team. Just due to his playoff history. BUT long term, Johansen is the better choice. Solid pickup for Columbus and Nashville here.

Does this mean a different defenseman is available in Columbus now?

In with the Jones, out with the Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad