Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Curious as to what the results would be here if we conducted a fan poll:

A) Trade assets at deadline, acquire defensive help & keep Loui in hopes of a long playoff run

B) Sell off Loui & other vets (ie Seidenberg Talbot Rinaldo etc..) if possible for draft picks with an eye toward the future

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

A) Trade assets at deadline, acquire defensive help & keep Loui in hopes of a long playoff run

B) Sell off Loui & other vets (ie Seidenberg Talbot Rinaldo etc..) if possible for draft picks with an eye toward the future

Would love to see that poll. I say sell but try and get almost NHL ready propects. Similar to Colin Miller as in almost NHL ready

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

75% sell off

B's win 4 in a row.

75% playoff run

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Easily B.

For Drouin, Anaheim needs offense and Tampa needs a player they can control, something around Theodore and Drouin could happen, Theo is a rookie and Anaheim has Fowler, Despres and Lindholm as LD's and all under 25y.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Easily B.

For Drouin, Anaheim needs offense and Tampa needs a player they can control, something around Theodore and Drouin could happen, Theo is a rookie and Anaheim has Fowler, Despres and Lindholm as LD's and all under 25y.

Why not Ritchie? LW for LW.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why not Ritchie? LW for LW.

They have an amazing LD depth, but they don't have that for forwards.

So would have to guess they'd love to move one of them for scoring help and in the future add Ritchie into the lineup as well.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
They have an amazing LD depth, but they don't have that for forwards.

So would have to guess they'd love to move one of them for scoring help and in the future add Ritchie into the lineup as well.

Im actually surprised they haven't been using him already. Nothing to lose. Let him get experience.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Think he was the only one fighting to keep seguin- on that behind the b they lined up everyone the could for sound bites justifying the deal and all they could use from Sweeney was him looking pissed off.

Meh.. deal still went on his watch. He could have had a bad croissant before the video was taken, perhaps someone filled in the sudoku in pen..

I can't absolve the guy when his position put him in a spot to stop it.
I get it, I get why, but it's still wrong and not only pc was to foot the bill imo. El presidente no beuno.Until he proves otherwise. Stopping vermette or yandle is nothing compared to the fiasco which put them their to need those choices.

Don't get me wrong, I still have my Neely poster on the wall and loved him as a player..confidence going forward though clearly rattled.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yup, not saying he's not going to be a player.

But no way I trade the type of assets Yzerman is looking for to get this guy. Too many question marks.

Pasta for Drouin seems like lunacy to me. Talent-wise they are likely on par, but give me Pasta's infectious positive attitude over Drouin. Like or not, asking for a trade at this stage of his career raises questions about his character, rightly or wrongly. At least with Pasta character doesn't seem to be an issue at all from most accounts.

Agreed: Keep Pasta, we know what we have....A guy with great positive attitude and no locker room problems. Drouin can go somewhere else.

For us it would be, definitely, without Lou we'd have 1 proven top6 winger and a bunch of struggling wingers, and Beleskey, but Belsky doesn't have the D-game of offensive talent.

Lou's defensive work is important and doesn't show in stats, he makes so many D-plays and gives our defense clear passing lanes, and then you add he is 2nd in points for us and our best in front of the net guy.
Take Lou out and Krejci in and not a whole lot is going to happen.

Krejci is a new father and his big contract is in his 1st year.

And isn't that what the talk is, they want to make the few extra mills in the playoffs this year?

But how much would we make if we can build a contender team and contend for years, deep playoff runs instead of 1 round and out?
I'd love to know the difference.

No idea what your point is, especially since I think that I was agreeing with you?:huh: I was talking about the Jacobs' and their accountants etc. You need to back away from the keyboard, leave the house, go for a walk.
:laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
By when? By January 26th? By February 24th?

The between the lines make it sound like Krejci will be back closer to the former date than the latter...but it always felt like he was just around the corner last year, too.

If this team makes it to 2/24 w/o Krejci and is still in a playoff spot, Ryan Spooner is better than we think, and if Krejci is back on 2/24 and the Bruins are still in a playoff spot I think its worth buying a player(s) with term or at least UFAs you would resign.

If Krejci isn't going to be back until after the trade deadline, or you aren't in a playoff spot when he comes back, you sell. Not reliving last years prayer and a dream that he would be 100% by the playoffs.

If the team is healthy and the kids (especially Spooner, C Miller and Pasta) are continuing to trend up, this is a good team, and even if they lose, a round of playoffs would be great for the kids development.

If the team isn't healthy or the kids tail off, lets go as low as we can go.

Don't want to finish 9th again.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No idea what your point is, especially since I think that I was agreeing with you?:huh: I was talking about the Jacobs' and their accountants etc. You need to back away from the keyboard, leave the house, go for a walk.
:laugh:

That was overall thinking and frustration towards this current state of the team/ fears towards our managent, how would they justife those moves, again overall thinking.

San Jose game fueled my frustration :laugh:

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I am seriously having doubts about Pastrnak. :(

I think Claude is to.

Seriously Pastrnak looks like he will be a solid 20-25 goal winger but a part of the fan base will overvalue him thinking he is the next great scoring winger and wouldn't trade him for an established top 4 wing.

I am not advocating dealing him for nothing, like koko, but if the right deal comes along he should absolutely be in the mix of players that can be moved.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
The between the lines make it sound like Krejci will be back closer to the former date than the latter...but it always felt like he was just around the corner last year, too.

If this team makes it to 2/24 w/o Krejci and is still in a playoff spot, Ryan Spooner is better than we think, and if Krejci is back on 2/24 and the Bruins are still in a playoff spot I think its worth buying a player(s) with term or at least UFAs you would resign.

If Krejci isn't going to be back until after the trade deadline, or you aren't in a playoff spot when he comes back, you sell. Not reliving last years prayer and a dream that he would be 100% by the playoffs.

If the team is healthy and the kids (especially Spooner, C Miller and Pasta) are continuing to trend up, this is a good team, and even if they lose, a round of playoffs would be great for the kids development.

If the team isn't healthy or the kids tail off, lets go as low as we can go.

Don't want to finish 9th again.

I think the arrangement of position in the draft this year is different. I believe they are flipping the standings to allocate the picks. so if you finish just out of playoff spot you get 4/5/6 picks and if you finish 4 and don't get into top 3 lottery they flop you to the middle. it's to try and increase teams to be competitive down the stretch. not 100% sure if that's coming into play this year.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I think they should honestly deal loui right now to Anaheim for something around fowler or Vatanen. or take their 1st and flip it in a deal to st louis for shat. the D is the biggest issue holding us back from the playoffs. fix it now and get krecji back and we'll be ok but even with loui and healthy DK the defense will get us killed in the PO. we could porbably offload Koko and Connolly to AnA in a deal as well they also need picks so a lot can be done. i'd take a run at B schenn from philly and then move the previously mentioned 3 to teams looking for offense for picks and or D help.

i'd also call NJ and inquire on Severson and see what the ask is there.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I think the arrangement of position in the draft this year is different. I believe they are flipping the standings to allocate the picks. so if you finish just out of playoff spot you get 4/5/6 picks and if you finish 4 and don't get into top 3 lottery they flop you to the middle. it's to try and increase teams to be competitive down the stretch. not 100% sure if that's coming into play this year.

from NHL.com

"The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points."

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
from NHL.com

"The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points."

Yes in inverse order - lowest points gets 4th pick highest points 14th

as opposed to reverse order where the highest points get 4th pick and lowest points 14th

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Yes in inverse order - lowest points gets 4th pick highest points 14th

as opposed to reverse order where the highest points get 4th pick and lowest points 14th

ah ok, I mis-interpreted the statement ... i thought they meant that they would reverse the order....

would be a better way to do it i think... keep teams fighting to gain ground

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
ps I think people are only horny for Droin cos he was an early first rounder. So was Brett Connolly.

I am seriously having doubts about Pastrnak. :(

What does his statement have to do with Pasta? He was drafted 25th.

Also, I think you're crazy to have doubts about somebody who would normally be playing in a different league at his age and draft pick.

I remember last year when people were saying Pasta wouldn't make the team until at least 2017.

People are expecting too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad