Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's also not a winning team right now with nothing done. I'm not advocating to make such a move, but it could make some sense for both sides. Detroit fans have been offering Nyquist and Dekeyser for Shattenkirk and some Blues fans wouldn't mind such a deal. Parayko can play on the left side according to Blues fans so Colin Miller would slide nicely on the right side if they feel he can be a #4D for them right now. Both are also cost controlled if St. Louis is dealing Shattenkirk because of their cap space. We then get our #1D for the long haul.

If Nyquist + Dekeyser is close...

You would think Pasta + Krug would get it done.

Thats a spicy meatball, though.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Was gone a few hours as I had a doctor's appointment and I am shaking my head on why Montreal would do this.

They needed an All Star that badly? :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
How will this work? Will he still be an all-star for the west? Is that even a thing?

you know what.. I really don't care.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Chara is NOT going anywhere this season with his wife about to have twins.

Maybe after the season he will sit down with the Bruins concerning the future but he is not leaving his wife right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Was gone a few hours as I had a doctor's appointment and I am shaking my head on why Montreal would do this.

They needed an All Star that badly? :laugh:

:laugh:

Apparently they wanted Bartley but the condition was Scott had to be included, what a joke

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Maybe after the season he will sit down with the Bruins concerning the future but he is not leaving his wife right now.

I highly doubt Chara will go anywhere period. But you're absolutely right that there's a 0% chance he's going anywhere this season.

The return for him would be minimal. He's their captain, and losing your captain, especially via trade, is NOT a good thing for any team. Bergeron would and will be a fine captain, but he'll be that when it's time. Chara is declining, but who would replace him? He's still a top pairing defensemen. We have no other ones, and it's a long shot for any of our current prospects to be that.

Chara is respected by the team and all of management. He completely turned this team around and was absolutely monumental in winning us a Cup. He loves Boston and wants to stay here. If he wants to stay here, I highly, highly doubt management would trade him against his will. I'm sure his teammates wouldn't be too fond of management if they did that to him, either. After all he's done for us, it's not just right. You can go on and on about how we should get whatever return we can for him, but there's more to the game than that. Chara is a fantastic ambassador to the Bruins and to the game of hockey. Especially at this stage of his career, there's more to him than trade value. I'm not a mind reader but I bet he wants to retire a Bruin, and I bet he will.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Drouin trade talks are heating, Montreal sends guys to watch him tonight, San Jose, Flyers and Anaheim also has send guys to watch him, not just scouts.
Just No please to San Jose.

Drouin trade will have a big impact on our playoff chances.
If they can add Vatanen/similar level player for non roster player I'd say Atlantic has a new top team.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Drouin trade talks are heating, Montreal sends guys to watch him tonight, San Jose, Flyers and Anaheim also has send guys to watch him, not just scouts.
Just No please to San Jose.

Drouin trade will have a big impact on our playoff chances.
If they can add Vatanen/similar level player for non roster player I'd say Atlantic has a new top team.

As in Tampa?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Yay....

I'm so glad "commitment" to a player once again gets in the way of making good business decisions.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I highly doubt Chara will go anywhere period. But you're absolutely right that there's a 0% chance he's going anywhere this season.

The return for him would be minimal. He's their captain, and losing your captain, especially via trade, is NOT a good thing for any team. Bergeron would and will be a fine captain, but he'll be that when it's time. Chara is declining, but who would replace him? He's still a top pairing defensemen. We have no other ones, and it's a long shot for any of our current prospects to be that.

Chara is respected by the team and all of management. He completely turned this team around and was absolutely monumental in winning us a Cup. He loves Boston and wants to stay here. If he wants to stay here, I highly, highly doubt management would trade him against his will. I'm sure his teammates wouldn't be too fond of management if they did that to him, either. After all he's done for us, it's not just right. You can go on and on about how we should get whatever return we can for him, but there's more to the game than that. Chara is a fantastic ambassador to the Bruins and to the game of hockey. Especially at this stage of his career, there's more to him than trade value. I'm not a mind reader but I bet he wants to retire a Bruin, and I bet he will.

LOL...

These gung ho Chara rants are cute.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

1st of all many of the players on this team weren't even around when Chara was in his prime and he has probably underwhelmed most of those players. Not sure they'd be as upset as you seem to think.

As far as Chara being an ambassador to the game of hockey, this is the perspective of a Bruins fan , but I can assure you that's not how he's seen in Montreal and probably not in most other markets either.

You just can't go on the past, with the cap and all, this is a very "what have you done for me lately?" sport. It just has to be, or your ****ed.

But rest easy, he isn't going anywhere.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1st of all many of the players on this team weren't even around when Chara was in his prime and he has probably underwhelmed most of those players. Not sure they'd be as upset as you seem to think.

As far as Chara being an ambassador to the game of hockey, this is the perspective of a Bruins fan , but I can assure you that's not how he's seen in Montreal and probably not in most other markets either.

You just can't go on the past, with the cap and all, this is a very "what have you done for me lately?" sport. It just has to be, or your ****ed.

But rest easy, he isn't going anywhere.

Chara is very involved with his neighborhood near TD Garden and he tries to blend in. The NHL has evolved to a state where it is very difficult for a player past 35 to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad