Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
While there are some residual bad feelings, it is for the most part a different front office leading the way. Problem is, because of tampering, they can't begin to mend those fences until August 15th.

They could pay the price and trade for him. But why do that without knowing if he'd be willing to sign in Boston?

Many believe the Leafs have the upper hand because they hired Jimmy Sr as a scout. It was actually Jimmy Sr that approached Shanahan through a mutual friend about a position, since he felt that he was in arenas all the time - he may as well get paid for it.

The advantage the Leafs hold however, is they can talk to him via father/son and not have any fear of tampering.

Not saying the Leafs have the upper hand, but I sure don't think the Bruins are near the top.

I hear so much fan chatter about tampering--usually with regards to the leafs--but I don't really understand where they draw the line or how they go about enforcing it. Seems like the only way to get in trouble for it is for an aggrieved team to make an accusation. Are there any demonstrative cases in recent years?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I hear so much fan chatter about tampering--usually with regards to the leafs--but I don't really understand where they draw the line or how they go about enforcing it. Seems like the only way to get in trouble for it is for an aggrieved team to make an accusation. Are there any demonstrative cases in recent years?

Leafs were find "heavily" in 2009 for tampering when Ron Wilson said he had interest in the Sedins.

I'd have to look up anything before that

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Public declarations of interest/intent count as tampering. Got it.

And with prospects?

The Wings (not sure of the year) were nailed for tampering after 3 teams filed charges after the Wings signed 5 College free agents, 3 of which were property of those 3 teams while the Wings held discussions with them

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You know my connection to the Blues (and we'll keep it between us). I have more Blues fans "bothering" me (not really a bother) on twitter and elsewhere than I do Bruins fans.

As I've said many, many times, Blues will not trade Shattenkirk prior to the draft, if at all. But

I don't know about Boston, but in St Louis, (and here for that matter) the winds have changed and they are coming from the North.

yes I do and Sweeney and Armstrong have a good rapport as well from Sweeney's time in Dallas when he got to see things from another organization.

I have friends that believe Shattenkirk ever gets to be a UFA he's a Bruins

You got a couple of good guys to get information from- quality folks, honest, and good people. your lucky to have associates/friends like that

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
The Wings (not sure of the year) were nailed for tampering after 3 teams filed charges after the Wings signed 5 College free agents, 3 of which were property of those 3 teams while the Wings held discussions with them

So it's pretty much up to the team that feels victimized to file a complaint? Or is it the league that takes the first step?

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I am thinking Sweeney is a smarter guy than Chia.. Well Tbh I am hoping He is.

So I am not sure why so many people wanna trade our picks and prospects for Shattenkirk when this team will not be ready to win for another 5 years.

It would be great to get Shattenkirk, don't get me wrong, but him alone does not get us closer to a cup in fact it would be a step back if we give away our picks and prospects.

The door has closed on this group, we need to open a new door for our future Bruins and trading any of them would be a huge mistake.

Do everything to sign Vesey and do everything to help Anaheim and Arizona get into the playoffs so San Jose would be on the outside looking in. Having 2 lottery picks to add to our growing prospect list just opens that new door a little wider.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I am thinking Sweeney is a smarter guy than Chia.. Well Tbh I am hoping He is.

So I am not sure why so many people wanna trade our picks and prospects for Shattenkirk when this team will not be ready to win for another 5 years.

It would be great to get Shattenkirk, don't get me wrong, but him alone does not get us closer to a cup in fact it would be a step back if we give away our picks and prospects.

The door has closed on this group, we need to open a new door for our future Bruins and trading any of them would be a huge mistake.

Do everything to sign Vesey and do everything to help Anaheim and Arizona get into the playoffs so San Jose would be on the outside looking in. Having 2 lottery picks to add to our growing prospect list just opens that new door a little wider.

The door has closed on a team with Chara as the top player. Obviously.

But, right now, they have a core of Bergeron, Krejci and Rask. They are in their prime. They need a core piece on D.

What I just don't understand is the idea that since finding a new core D piece in the next few years will be hard, the team should blow it up and need 4 or 5 core pieces to be a Cup contender instead of 1. Its like saying running a 10k would be hard so you are going to run a marathon instead.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Read it again.

Not 'they' , but 'he'. Brooks. Hes a dope.

My mistake, I read it 1st that they offered 1on1.

I could see Sweeney offering Eriksson+ for Yandle, Rangers would be in playoff shape still after that and they wouldn't lose Yandle for free in the offseason.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
How bout that Kopitar contract tho?

8 years 10m

Kopitar year by year: $14 mil, $13 mil, $12 mil, $11mil, $8mil, $8mil,$7mil,$7 mil. No move clause immediately and first 4 yrs.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
The door has closed on a team with Chara as the top player. Obviously.

But, right now, they have a core of Bergeron, Krejci and Rask. They are in their prime. They need a core piece on D.

What I just don't understand is the idea that since finding a new core D piece in the next few years will be hard, the team should blow it up and need 4 or 5 core pieces to be a Cup contender instead of 1. Its like saying running a 10k would be hard so you are going to run a marathon instead.

Not that I follow the Avs closely, but that doesn't make sense to me. They just signed Johnson to an extension and one of their needs is defense, or so I thought. It's an interesting one though if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad