Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - MOD Warning post 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If Nyquist + Dekeyser is close...

You would think Pasta + Krug would get it done.

Thats a spicy meatball, though.

Of course Pasta + Krug would get it done, because that's a huge overpayment.

Bruins need goal scorers. Pasta is one (he has over twice as many goals in about 30 less games). Drouin; 89 games, 6 goals, 34 assists. We need a player like Pastrnak more than we need Drouin, especially not at the expense of Pastrnak. Drouin has a lot of potential; but I don't see where a playmaking winger is a need vs. a goal scoring winger.

If we somehow move Eriksson and end up with Drouin, sure. Why not? Otherwise, price is probably too rich.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Bruins need goal scorers. Pasta is one (he has over twice as many goals in about 30 less games). Drouin; 89 games, 6 goals, 34 assists. We need a player like Pastrnak more than we need Drouin, especially not at the expense of Pastrnak. Drouin has a lot of potential; but I don't see where a playmaking winger is a need vs. a goal scoring winger.

If we somehow move Eriksson and end up with Drouin, sure. Why not? Otherwise, price is probably too rich.
I could see how wintersej's comment could be taken out of context. Wintersej's post was in response to mine on page 37 which was talking about Shattenkirk instead of Drouin.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I could see how wintersej's comment could be taken out of context. Wintersej's post was in response to mine on page 37 which was talking about Shattenkirk instead of Drouin.

Yeah, should have been more clear, was talking Shattenkirk. I agree that I'd rather have Pasta over Drouin when you take into account age and attitude.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Haggs just said JFJ scouting Winnipeg - Preds.

Please be Trouba and not Big Buff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
JFJ is the man !!

People need to move past his Toronto days

John Ferguson Jr didn't act alone on the Rask deal if you catch my drift

Agree - guy is superb evaluator from what I have observed and heard. He's got the Habs and Leafs association but he's a New Englander in many ways

I may be in minority but he's a really good important part of the Sweeney rat pack that is putting this team on the road to a long run of competitive years

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I wonder how many games during the season does JFJ scout games? Is this unusual, is this something we should really sit up and take notice of?

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Agree - guy is superb evaluator from what I have observed and heard. He's got the Habs and Leafs association but he's a New Englander in many ways

I may be in minority but he's a really good important part of the Sweeney rat pack that is putting this team on the road to a long run of competitive years

I know the Rask deal was stupid on the leafs part but they thought they were getting a guy who would play right away. But nothing compares to the Seguin trade. May go down in history as one of the worst trades especially if Dallas go on to challenge for cups. Guys it was so obvious Seguin would replace Kecji one day. Bergeron, Seguin and Spooner down the middle.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Jimmy Vessey with a hat trick just in the 3rd period of last nights game. All 3 goals were absolute beutys.

It's kind of surprising there's not much chatter about him considering he's been linked to the Bruins via Boston/Harvard connection.

I would have no issues with him stepping into our top 6 immediately. Perfect player to target and would give the Bruins flexibility to focus solely on the defense after.

Huge fan of Vatanen as well. Ducks are not going to be able to afford him and have replacable defenseman on the way. I think we're good trading partners with them. Fowler rumors in the beginning of the season was strange as well.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Please please be Trouba, he would fix our biggest problems but is he honestly available?
Buff trade would be depressing.

Is there a chance that they are thinking of Lou to Nashville trade?

Jimmy Vessey with a hat trick just in the 3rd period of last nights game. All 3 goals were absolute beutys.

It's kind of surprising there's not much chatter about him considering he's been linked to the Bruins via Boston/Harvard connection.

I would have no issues with him stepping into our top 6 immediately. Perfect player to target and would give the Bruins flexibility to focus solely on the defense after.

Huge fan of Vatanen as well. Ducks are not going to be able to afford him and have replacable defenseman on the way. I think we're good trading partners with them. Fowler rumors in the beginning of the season was strange as well.

Signing Vesey and a great SJ pick would make it a great offseason, and Habs fans would love it :)

Pens are doing weird trades, their blueline is nowhere close to contending and they don't have the cap space/assets to do anything about it.

Last edited:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

Vesey would instantly become our top prospect. Huge fan of his game. Reminds me of Toews.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

You know my connection to the Blues (and we'll keep it between us). I have more Blues fans "bothering" me (not really a bother) on twitter and elsewhere than I do Bruins fans.

As I've said many, many times, Blues will not trade Shattenkirk prior to the draft, if at all. But

I don't know about Boston, but in St Louis, (and here for that matter) the winds have changed and they are coming from the North.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Bruins blew that one in the draf tin a big way.

I'm not going to waste any focus on effort, until or unless he becomes a Bruins prospect. It is still an extreme longshot in my opinion.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
You know my connection to the Blues (and we'll keep it between us). I have more Blues fans "bothering" me (not really a bother) on twitter and elsewhere than I do Bruins fans.

As I've said many, many times, Blues will not trade Shattenkirk prior to the draft, if at all. But

I don't know about Boston, but in St Louis, (and here for that matter) the winds have changed and they are coming from the North.

Interesting. So it'd have to be an offer that would entice STL to move him rather than make one last attempt at a Cup run with that group... My guess would be the Habs could certainly pull it off with a Galchenyuk + offer.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Yes, we know. Winter is Coming.

But beyond Game of Thrones, what's changing in St. Louis? :)

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Interesting. So it'd have to be an offer that would entice STL to move him rather than make one last attempt at a Cup run with that group... My guess would be the Habs could certainly pull it off with a Galchenyuk + offer.

There is no doubt that Edmonton would have tantalizing bits and pieces. February should be interesting.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
If Nyquist + Dekeyser is close...

You would think Pasta + Krug would get it done.

Thats a spicy meatball, though.

I believe Dom when he says Shattenkirk is unlikely to be traded before the draft.

So, I guess we're just in la-la-land ruminating about potential Shattenkirk moves at this point.

But I guess while I'm here (in la-la-land), I may as well say this: I probably wouldn't make that trade, and I love Shattenkirk.

I do disagree with others saying it's a huge "overpayment"; Shattenkirk is a legit #1D. On certain counts, you could argue he's better than St. Louis presumptive #1 in Pietrangelo.

As I've watched this season, I increasingly can easily see Blues doing everything they can to keep Shattenkirk, with Pietrangelo, and literally moving mountains (e.g., Bouwmeester's contract, Lehtera, and many others) before doing so.

Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo is St. Louis' answer to Weber and Josi at Nashville.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins blew that one in the draf tin a big way.

I'm not going to waste any focus on effort, until or unless he becomes a Bruins prospect. It is still an extreme longshot in my opinion.

While there are some residual bad feelings, it is for the most part a different front office leading the way. Problem is, because of tampering, they can't begin to mend those fences until August 15th.

They could pay the price and trade for him. But why do that without knowing if he'd be willing to sign in Boston?

Many believe the Leafs have the upper hand because they hired Jimmy Sr as a scout. It was actually Jimmy Sr that approached Shanahan through a mutual friend about a position, since he felt that he was in arenas all the time - he may as well get paid for it.

The advantage the Leafs hold however, is they can talk to him via father/son and not have any fear of tampering.

Not saying the Leafs have the upper hand, but I sure don't think the Bruins are near the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad