Then we have 2 more holes to fill; nah.
Beleskey - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - X
Vatrano - Spooner - Hayes
4th line

Chara - Shattenkirk
Krug/Morrow - Seidenberg
Krug/Morrow - McQuaid/K. Miller

It follows what management wants in terms of winning now. I wouldn't mind trying Khokhlachev with Marchand and Bergeron to see how he does since he's been mostly playing RW in Providence. Or just fill that spot with a roster player or make another trade for a forward.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Looks like Monteal added an All Star forward into their lineup.

Beleskey - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - X
Vatrano - Spooner - Hayes
4th line

Chara - Shattenkirk
Krug/Morrow - Seidenberg
Krug/Morrow - McQuaid/K. Miller

It follows what management wants in terms of winning now. I wouldn't mind trying Khokhlachev with Marchand and Bergeron to see how he does since he's been mostly playing RW in Providence. Or just fill that spot with a roster player or make another trade for a forward.

That's not a winning team right now and Colin Miller doesn't have a lot of value, they also have Pietrangelo and Parayoko on the right side, they were offering Shattenkirk for Johansen.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Retiring doesn't free up cap space AFAIK. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct.

I don't think Chara retiring frees up any space. I believe it's one of those long term contracts with a potential cap-recapture penalty but I'm really not sure and I can't find it at the moment. I do know his cap hit drops in another year or so

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
everyone has to keep their head on a swivel with no one to fight scott

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
ok. Heres the situation.
We have multiple deletions.

Trade proposals have to have some semblance of reality. Some degree of thought.
No video game ****.

Going forward that stuff will be deleted.
Repeat and be thread banned and/or infracted.

***** about it and be banned.

Thank you.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
The deal for Scott was probably an inclusion too.The other piece in deal Elliot is being reported as flipped already.Habs were after a different deal it appears.They have up their 1st rd in 2010 Tinordi pretty quick so must be something interesting.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Yea and i am sure Chara is just terrified or Randall for that matter.News flash.1 punch can end any fight.

you really want your captain and best defender fighting a goon? randell is 6'1 200lb and scott is 6'8 270 good luck with that.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
everyone has to keep their head on a swivel with no one to fight scott

And if we had McGrattan on this team, people wouldn't have to keep their heads on swivels? John Scott (or any player) doesn't think about who on the other team's bench can fight him when he goes in for a hit. The game moves too fast. He knows what's legal and what's not. He knows he'll get suspended and lose money if he does something illegal. No point in wasting a roster spot to try and fail to intimidate people into not hitting.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
you really want your captain and best defender fighting a goon? randell is 6'1 200lb and scott is 6'8 270 good luck with that.

Saw it before.Stan Johathan vs Bouchard.;) Truth be told i do not even see him lacing skates for habs.That was a add in so habs could get piece in Elliot that is being flipped to whoever wanted him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Ok am I the only one that finds it funny we are talking about a habs move and there is a mod warning in post 911.

what are the odds.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
That's not a winning team right now and Colin Miller doesn't have a lot of value, they also have Pietrangelo and Parayoko on the right side, they were offering Shattenkirk for Johansen.
It's also not a winning team right now with nothing done. I'm not advocating to make such a move, but it could make some sense for both sides. Detroit fans have been offering Nyquist and Dekeyser for Shattenkirk and some Blues fans wouldn't mind such a deal. Parayko can play on the left side according to Blues fans so Colin Miller would slide nicely on the right side if they feel he can be a #4D for them right now. Both are also cost controlled if St. Louis is dealing Shattenkirk because of their cap space. We then get our #1D for the long haul.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Bergevin is trying to get himself fired, nobody wants to trade with the Habs.

Wasn't Elliot on waivers, then he flips him for Bartley?

I like Bartley, native Indian, aggressive defenseman but to replace Tinordi???

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
What does his statement have to do with Pasta? He was drafted 25th.

Also, I think you're crazy to have doubts about somebody who would normally be playing in a different league at his age and draft pick.

I remember last year when people were saying Pasta wouldn't make the team until at least 2017.

People are expecting too much.

I wasn't one of them but maybe he should be still playing in a lower league.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's also not a winning team right now with nothing done. I'm not advocating to make such a move, but it could make some sense for both sides. Detroit fans have been offering Nyquist and Dekeyser for Shattenkirk and some Blues fans wouldn't mind such a deal. Parayko can play on the left side according to Blues fans so Colin Miller would slide nicely on the right side if they feel he can be a #4D for them right now. Both are also cost controlled if St. Louis is dealing Shattenkirk because of their cap space. We then get our #1D for the long haul.

Again, Friedman and others said Blues were offering Shatt for Johansen, not the fans and Colins value is low.
Nyquist has value, 26y, 48 points in 57 games 2 years ago, 54 points last year.
They can easily get a better deal for Shatt than that, and something that helps them now, that would be a high high risk trade for Blues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad