Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yes, but hopefully be better than Gus and play more minutes to not tax the top 4 so much.

When I saw Gus unable to catch Lowry on the break-away, that did it for me. No offense to Lowry, but he's a great big man that shouldn't be able to pull away from your D like that on a rush. Would like to see Romanov's speed on the backend tonight.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I remember in one game, Ehlers got hit by Romanov a few times and later in the game, Ehlers tried to hit Romanov as he was trying to make a pass, but the kid is so solid that Ehlers bounced off him and fell. Romanov's famous reverse-hit after making a play.

After the game, Ehlers was asked about that and he said he didn't realize how strong the kid is. :laugh:

that's another reason to play him, jets got some big bodies, Romanov can hold his own against them.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He was THE happiest guy in the tunnel celebration after game 1 vs the leafs
And I distinctively saw him arms raised high in celebration while in the seats next to the habs bench when KK scored the game 6 OT Winner.
He's a true team player, and happy for the boys, knows his time will one day come

well this is good news. the optional practice stuff kind of worried me though it was probably more in the framing.

He HAS to draw in tonight.

Reactions: Habs13 and Zxlime

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I don’t think there are any underlying reasons that we don’t know about keeping him out of the lineup. I think it is as it appears. The Habs will likely have to lose or have injuries for him to go in. I would personally put him in, but then again, they’ve won 4 straight.

Reactions: DAChampion

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I really wanted Alex in there knocking some guys down. He's a very good skater too. Hope his confidence isnt crushed by this.

I think he’ll be fired up when he gets his shot. Seems like a kid with a lot of confidence

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don’t think there are any underlying reasons that we don’t know about keeping him out of the lineup. I think it’s as it appears. The Habs will likely have to lose or have injuries for him to go in. I would personally put him in, but then again, they’ve won 4 straight.

This is true but something's got to give with top 4 playing these insane minutes. I don't love that he's not playing tonight but if he's not in after our first loss and Gus is still a nightmare then there's no excuses.

I just wish we had a half decent media to assuage the concerns we're all having as to why he's not in the line up. Come on Basu, Engels, et al.!

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad