Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Geez people are now speculating about romanov having off-ice issues :facepalm:

Romanov is a rookie defenseman and ducharme just doesnt trust him enough. There is nothing more to it. The same coach was healthy scratching KK and caufield at the beginning of the playoffs. I dont understand why people think there is something extra regarding romanov...

Well what else could it be honestly? I don't see any other explanations. It is not for hockey reason he is not in the lineup. Not when we are playing Gustafsson 3 minutes a night 5 on 5.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Smooth ass skater, also a good reason why I don't think picking defenders in the first round is a good idea.

Juulsen, Guhle, Sergachev, McDonagh, Beaulieu
Subban, Romanov, Mete, Fleury, Brook

(Its also true league wide)

You forgot Tinordi, Komisarek. I know I left Fischer out cause he hasn't played a single NHL game

Mete, Brook, Subban, Fleury, Romanov aren't first rounders.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
The team lost 3 in a row to the Leafs and looked absolutely dismal in those losses, with Merrill getting hurt and they still turned to others before Romanov. It’s not going to happen.

Also some are thinking that Montreal could play Ouellet before Romanov.

I am speculating big time on that one but i am wondering how the english courses are progressing.

I could be wrong but the english barrier with a russian player would not be the first time. I remember too well Markov 20 years ago.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
He’s in tonight from tvasport

I’m ain’t scared one bit.

I think Romanov will be solid with speed and physicality

He just needs to keep the game simple and hit, play with emotion. If he does that I think he won’t get scratch again. Physically a force

He will be an interesting option going forward

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was glad to see it, was really hoping they didn't turn to Ouellet, he is not good. You want a guy like Romanov, who is clearly in the future plans to get a taste of the NHL playoffs but especially after sitting so much as that has to mess with his confidence given how he struggled so much at the end there.

Can't wait to see how much he can progress in the coming years, need to find him a steady partner though.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Solid game all things considered. He didn't play a lot and made no mistakes.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I waited all night to see the supposed implosion that the Habs brass were deeming inevitable by not playing him.

He was perfectly fine and made some nice, calm plays.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Didn't play much but was good.. quick exits when he had the puck, didn't try to play hero puck and just iced it with no play.. had a good scoring chance, was competitive and threw a couple solid hits.

Definitely showed he can play another play-off game.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
haha. Romanov destroyed a guy at some point. He took like 5 strides to get to the guy. It was not a "Habs playoff style hit". You could tell it was Romy because noone else would have tried it. If it had failed, it would have been bad though.

I hope he keeps playing, but I still think he needs to control his physicality a bit more.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

That soviet anthem is so good. Say what you want about russians, they had one hell of an artistic elite before they killed them all during the soviet era.

PS: the actual russian anthem is even better. These guys know glorious.

Reactions: MarkJ

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Did I read it right? Not a single shot on net against when he was on the ice? He better stay in.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly I thought Romanov played ok, but he also made a few bad plays and looked a bit lost a few times. He was also having a harder time boxing out guys. I think he will be a good player. Playing D in the playoffs requires lots of strength and really good communication skills. I'm sure he will get better.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He was extremely sheltered... and the Jets had like 10 shots all game!!

The difference was one goal. No shots means no goals. That’s a huge contribution for someone that’s deemed not good enough to play when everyone is healthy, 8th on the depth chart.

Reactions: Saxon

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Gotta love his enthusiasm (Perry's and Gus's as well)! He cracks me up!

habs.jpeg

Staal be like: "That dude is intense!"

Reactions: mynameisanton

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So Gus or Romanov? 'Cause Kulak ain't going anywhere.

It's a tough one. But I'd go Romanov game 1. I'd rather the better defensive dman.

But Petry isn't assured to go game 1. So we'll see when we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad