Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Take out turnoverman and put this guy in. Target whoever their best players are every time they step over the blue line.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Are there any clips of Romanov in the stands or celebrating with the team after the games? I don’t remember seeing him on camera once..

Reactions: Canadienna

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Are there any clips of Romanov in the stands or celebrating with the team after the games? I don’t remember seeing him on camera once..

He was THE happiest guy in the tunnel celebration after game 1 vs the leafs
And I distinctively saw him arms raised high in celebration while in the seats next to the habs bench when KK scored the game 6 OT Winner.
He's a true team player, and happy for the boys, knows his time will one day come

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I have a hard time buying Romanov couldn't do just as good or better than Gustafsson in the 10-ish minutes he's getting every game. I get that they won't change the lineup if we're winning with it but it still hurts a bit not seeing him out there getting valuable playoff experience.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
hope he gets in tonight, really want him to get some playoff experience.
Yeah, tonight's the perfect game to get him in. I was hoping game 1, but Kulak and Gustafsson didn't do terribly in the Leafs series, so hard to take them out. But after Gustafsson's turnover, and Kulak's as well on the Forbort goal, it's more justified to take one of them out

Reactions: montreal

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I won't be surprised if he comes into this series and looks like he did in January.

The last two years he wasn't playing big minutes and was also playing only about 40 games a season in the KHL. Similar to a lot of our players this year, he likely had mental and physical fatigue with the condensed schedule.. also he had significantly higher minutes than he was used to playing in the past.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
hope he gets in tonight, really want him to get some playoff experience.

Very strange that we wanted him to play so badly last playoffs but he was blocked. Now he can play this year but he's held out. I'm ok with that to some degree but after 8 playoff games, I would have imagined he got a few games.

They won't change much if we win but if we loose a game here against the Jets, he should be inserted in.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Very strange that we wanted him to play so badly last playoffs but he was blocked. Now he can play this year but he's held out. I'm ok with that to some degree but after 8 playoff games, I would have imagined he got a few games.

They won't change much if we win but if we loose a game here against the Jets, he should be inserted in.

Tvasports.ca showed a stat where towards the end of the year Romanov was on for the highest number of high danger chances against.

They suspect that's why he's not playing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tvasports.ca showed a stat where towards the end of the year Romanov was on for the highest number of high danger chances against.

They suspect that's why he's not playing.

For sure. I get it and support it to some degree. Some teams like the Leafs are forced to play Dermott and Sandin due to lack of depth but we don't have to. This keeps Romanov focused and not spoiled. Keeps him hungry but he's got to play a game in the playoffs for experience at some point.

He's watching the game when you know he wants to play! This will create a situation where he looks at the reliability parts of others and how he is going to adjust his game. Some others will say Weber, Petry, Chiarot, and Edmundson make mistakes too and yes, they do. But they are more trusted and they got us to this point so it is what it is. None of us are NHL coaches

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You don't want to happen to Romanov what happened to Sandin : one mistake and then out again, then in again...
Meh...it's part of development and just because Sandin had an up and down series, doesn't necessarily mean Romanov will.

Gustafsson barely played last game and had a crucial turnover that led to a goal against....there isn't better timing to get him in the lineup than now.

If they go back to Gustafsson, then it's really not about "mistakes".

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
he's got to play next game imo I hope he f***ing crushes some Jets players.

I remember in one game, Ehlers got hit by Romanov a few times and later in the game, Ehlers tried to hit Romanov as he was trying to make a pass, but the kid is so solid that Ehlers bounced off him and fell. Romanov's famous reverse-hit after making a play.

After the game, Ehlers was asked about that and he said he didn't realize how strong the kid is. :laugh:

Reactions: Canadienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad