Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I don't know if Laval is the best option for him. I think he just needs to settle down. He looked decent last year. Benching in the playoffs seems to have affected him. Imagine getting demoted to the AHL on top of it while we are thin on D...

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Have been disenchanted with Romonovs play so far,expected more. Often out of position and running amok. It all stems from his name and should be pronounced Roaming-off:nod:

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
I love that they are letting him learn from his mistakes this year. He's making so many too:naughty:! Getting beat by the best will make him better not hammering scrubs in the less structured/talented AHL. I'm ok watching these kids figure it out, and part of me is worried they will eventually, and ruin our protected pick:sarcasm:

Reactions: 417

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I love that they are letting him learn from his mistakes this year. He's making so many too:naughty:! Getting beat by the best will make him better not hammering scrubs in the less structured/talented AHL. I'm ok watching these kids figure it out, and part of me is worried they will eventually, and ruin our protected pick:sarcasm:
Bravo

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Good attitude…too many people scream about lack of development but they also don’t want to see mistakes from developing players.

Not a single Dman is playing well, Jeff Petry whose supposed to be our lynchpin back there can’t seem to stop making tape to tape passes to the opponent but hey…let’s harp on the 21yr old kid who doesn’t even have 60 NHL games under his belt because he looks lost out there sometimes.

Im more focused on the process rather than the results at this stage of his career. The talent is there, just a question of gaining experience, this is all part of it.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Romanov will be a fine top 4 eventually. He has the physical attrubutes. He’s a gamer and he’s intense.

He will always be a force one on one because of that.

Right now, he needs to learn that he’s got a position and he needs to stick to it. By running around the zone chasing the puck carrier, all he does is compromise his teammates’ positioning. And it ends up in an overextended shift. And THEN coaches and teammates get mad at him.

This is exactly why he was benched multiple times last year. NHL hockey is a systems game. He needs to learn to stick to it. Hope he gets it this season. He’s still a pup.
Great he is physical
but what about the mental aspect? How long is that going to take him to put all the pieces in place

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Good attitude…too many people scream about lack of development but they also don’t want to see mistakes from developing players.

Not a single Dman is playing well, Jeff Petry whose supposed to be our lynchpin back there can’t seem to stop making tape to tape passes to the opponent but hey…let’s harp on the 21yr old kid who doesn’t even have 60 NHL games under his belt because he looks lost out there sometimes.

Im more focused on the process rather than the results at this stage of his career. The talent is there, just a question of gaining experience, this is all part of it.
Do it in the A and get some confidence back and learn how to play in a controlled system. its not all banging guys against the boards all the time he is out of position 90 percent of the game.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Do it in the A and get some confidence back and learn how to play in a controlled system. its not all banging guys against the boards all the time he is out of position 90 percent of the game.
I don’t see the purpose of him going down to the AHL.

He’s an NHL Dman.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Big game for him against Detroit - I am sure they will attempt to take advantage of all the new D pairings tomorrow.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don’t see the purpose of him going down to the AHL.

He’s an NHL Dman.

He is absolutely brutal right now as his hockey IQ looks to be nearly non existent. He should have been in Laval last season and should be there right now.

He needs the opportunity to learn to think the game at a less frantic pace so that he can build on good habits before ramping up his processing speed. His reads are not even AHL level right now although a lack of confidence is definitely a contributing factor.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He is absolutely brutal right now as his hockey IQ looks to be nearly non existent. He should have been in Laval last season and should be there right now.

He needs the opportunity to learn to think the game at a less frantic pace so that he can build on good habits before ramping up his processing speed. His reads are not even AHL level right now although a lack of confidence is definitely a contributing factor.
Our defense really misses Weber. Not just Romanov but Petry now has to play more minutes against top offensive forwards. He is not responding well. Chiarot, Weber use to cover up many of his mistakes. Romanov you can see holes in him. Can see more holes in all the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad