Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
So Romanov didn't participate in the last optional practice despite being an extra, and he's not playing today.

Is he injured or just fed up with the Habs?

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
The fact that he's not participating in optional practices in very odd.
Reporters aren't asking about Romanov at all, so maybe they know something we don't...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think management really screwed the pooch on this one. No way he should not have played at least one game.

Reactions: Gyfu

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think management really screwed the pooch on this one. No way he should not have played at least one game.

If we win game 7, have to start him in game 1 of the next series. We can't go 4 dmen, and Kulak-Romanov is the best option for having a competent bottom pair. Have to give them a shot in game 1 and go from there.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He needs to play in this upcoming series. After 7 games in 12 days i believe, we can not go with just 4 D, that's f***ing insane.

This could have been a good reset for him, given him time to reflect on what he did right and what he needs to stop doing wrong - namely, his passing.

Reactions: montreal

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's all rested and ready to go. Were probably going to need him against the Jets.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think if we end up making a run, the emergence of a solid romanov will be supremely important. Running 4-D is a recipe for someone to get injured

Especially this game where Chiarot was hobbling a couple of times.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think if we end up making a run, the emergence of a solid romanov will be supremely important. Running 4-D is a recipe for someone to get injured
Gus and Kulak looked a lot better in game 7. Can't see either being taken out yet.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You HAVE to try him vs the jets, you just have to
I can actually somewhat understand not playing him vs the leafs, overall I understand it
But the jets are big and physical up front, we NEED another banger back there, you have to try it
And I actually think they will

Exactly my thoughts. I just hope there isn't behind the scenes drama going on. But this optional skate thing might just be people kicking up dust for kicks as per usual. I really hope so. We need to give our top 4 a bit of a break and Romanov is the best thing we have in making that possible

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gustaffson was a lot better than expected last night. However, the Leafs are a soft team while the Jets are a big and physical team which suits Romanov better.

As games 3 and 4 are a back to back, it would be good to get Romanov in the series early to see how he does. We will need to run 3 pairs to keep our top 4 going through this series.

Jul 6, 2016
Every single Playoffs game is important, but losing Game 1 would not be the end of the world. I am sure, for example, that Vegas gonna rebound strongly vs Avs in their Game 2. So, no real danger using Romanov in the Game 1, and see from there what's gonna happen. Kulak can sit.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He is a pro. He has been through this before in the KHL. He knows he needs to earn the trust of the coaches. I'm sure he will be ready when his number is called.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I feel Romanov is the player he is right now. What you see is what you get. The World Jrs was just that one time he produced points. I think he’s a bottom pairing defenceman. I don’t like his positioning.
Be ready to be surprised, this kid will be a dmn rock on d... Give him a season or 2... Don't misunderstand me, he's not an offensive dman... It was his 1st season on N-A ice, new continent, very different culture, covid... I'm not saying he's the best invention since sliced bread, he will be a really solid top4 in some time... 1year... 2years maybe? Who knows... Maybe i am wrong too i have an open mind but i just love how he has such a great foundation to build on and i have a hard time seeing him fail to be a solid nhler when he get's comfortable... I thought he was pretty good for his rookie season personnally and i think there's more to get than what we've seen yet

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Need someone who can hit the Jets and skate with them, don’t want to enter next years playoffs saying Romanov has no experience

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad