Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its common sense. The kid started it. There's a saying. Don't pull the tail of the tiger unless you have a plan for dealing with his teeth. Ov is a freak of nature. You would think other hockey players would know that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I really liked Rod as a player, but stop being a whiny ***** dude. Your boy stepped up and bit off more than he could chew.

Life ****ing lesson.
It was a coaching failure by Carolina in that they needed to instruct their kid of the implications of slashing at Ovy. Can only do it to a point where he’ll tell the kid to back off. Apparently they've been going at it for 7 periods.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
It makes me uncomfortable when Don Cherry agrees with me.

EDIT: Also, sidekick guy thought Ovie shouldn't have hit Jagr in the Olympics? GTFO.

Lol "sidekick guy" - Ron MacLean is almost as famous as Don Cherry (err, at least in Canada). He's played the straight guy role to Cherry forever.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Lol "sidekick guy" - Ron MacLean is almost as famous as Don Cherry (err, at least in Canada). He's played the straight guy role to Cherry forever.

They used to really go after each other when they were younger (clash of egos). Now they're older and seem to respect each other a lot more.

Reactions: Heath

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

They used to really go after each other when they were younger (clash of egos). Now they're older and seem to respect each other a lot more.

I'm aware. But on Coach's Corner he's the sidekick. Period. And he has earned my derision for keeping Cherry upright this long.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ovechkin is a cyborg. I’m convinced he’s not fully human.

Still remember Kolzigs comments after his first practice w Ovie. Best player he’d ever seen.

No one has had the combo of power, tenacity, skill and desire. He’s the ultimate power forward in nhl history in my book.

I don’t blame Dougie Hamilton for his business decision. Actually it was more of a livelyhood decision

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ovechkin is the sort of player people will start to appreciate more when he is no longer playing. Suddenly you look around the league and nobody is getting even close to 50 goals and people will start to go ''remember that guy, he had atleast 49 goals 9 (so far?) times in his career''.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ovechkin is a cyborg. I’m convinced he’s not fully human.

Still remember Kolzigs comments after his first practice w Ovie. Best player he’d ever seen.

No one has had the combo of power, tenacity, skill and desire. He’s the ultimate power forward in nhl history in my book.

I don’t blame Dougie Hamilton for his business decision. Actually it was more of a livelyhood decision

Just remember all those people that day nhl players are not afraid of getting hit by guys like Ov, Willy and Orpik. They are.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
All Hail the GOAT.

GOAT of all time!

This series was an insane showcase of what Ovie can Still be at his best. He was above all the rest, in his own category that some might call generational. Physically I havent seen that dominating series From a single player in a long, long time, if ever. Scored 4 goals, 9 points. Made amazing plays, showed amazing vision. And all this without taking a drop off From defensive responsibilities. He was one of the best, if not the best defensive player on our team in this series aswell. Complete game.

Its a shame his effort didnt get us through. Rest of the team couldnt live up to it this time. "Too much of hockey" I guess.

No signs of slowing down, cant wait for him to rack em up next season too! Target will be set at 700 goals.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sucks that he won't get a Hart nomination because I think he really did carry the Caps for long stretches this season. Led them to the Metro title.

Never went more than two games in a row without a point, longest goal drought was six games, led the team in scoring by 15 points, in goals by 26, highest average time on ice for the forwards, led the team in hits. Just a great all around season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad