Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I thought Ovie had missed his last chance at 50 goals last season, boy did I underestimate him. I feel stupid.

If he never gets 50 again I will be completely satisfied, but I won't bet against him ever again.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Hockey vs Soccer videos are both plentiful and spectacular at the same time.

This is my favorite but be advised, This is NSFW! Turn the sound off if you're in a crowd or better just wait for a bathroom break. It contains many many loud curse words in it. But it has Trotz so I'm posting it.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Ovechkin in pursuit of Gretzky for NHL career goals record

First time he's ever ever said he's going for it. Before, he always said it was too far to even think about.

This to me tells me he's 100% signing when his contract is up and that he's not going signing with Dynamo for a long time.
2p0uzt.gif

That's a great new! I'm a huge Ovie fan and I like the Washington Capitals then I just hope that he will break it. Go Ovie!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
For those that thinks Ov will retire after his contract and go back to Russia. "I have to be healthy. I have to be in good shape," Ovechkin said. "I'm going to try to do it, but you don't know what's going to happen in the future."

Try to do it=Gretzky's goal record

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ovechkin is a legend already. But by beating Gretzky's record he can get to the terra incognita.

There was no youtube in Gretz's time and all we have now in HD is Ovi's highlights over and over.

His status will be very special.

On the other hand, WHAT he can achieve playing for Dynamo? His name as Dynamo player is already engraved on Gagarin cup. There is nothing left in KHL he would like to consider as enticing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ovi getting a cup.... what a crime it would have been for him to not get one. I would blame George for f***ing around and half assing building a defense, rolling with rookie coaches exclusively.... I could go on. But it's the Ovi thread. It's that time of year where Ovi will be ramping up his hitting. Him being the physical beast in between scoring goals, make him an A1 entertainment option for us, from his first game.

Twas a glorious thing to see him break the boards on his very first shift, and then scored 2 goals. That's legendary. What great hitter broke an arena with their first hit? Gordie? Eddie Shore? The great one? Nope.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Draisaitl up to 49 now. That two goal game vs TB looming large. Wouldn’t mind one Braylen’s the isles just to really make it tough, Edmonton has the flames after our game. Kinda want ovie as the only 50 goal scorer, but I have a feeling they will be trying hard to get it for him

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Draisaitl up to 49 now. That two goal game vs TB looming large. Wouldn’t mind one Braylen’s the isles just to really make it tough, Edmonton has the flames after our game. Kinda want ovie as the only 50 goal scorer, but I have a feeling they will be trying hard to get it for him

Drai will get 50. The Oilers have spent the last three games passing him the puck all the time every time. Kassian had a partial open net yesterday and whipped it across to Draisaitl, who shanked it a bit. McDavid has been holding the puck an extra second looking for Drai for a week.

After the game every player was going up to Drai and stick tapping him. He has been wonderful this season and I don't care at all about him hitting 50 but man I want Ovie to get this Rocket.

That being said, I, and all of us, have asked much of the "hockey gods" in the last year so I won't ask for anything else. I'm just not that greedy. :laugh:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I hope he also pulls Ovy aside and tells him to be a little selfish. 12 SOG game would be sweet.

Frankly, Todd needs to pull Barry aside pre game and make a deal: We let you win 5-4, you let Ovi score 3 of them. You get home ice vs Pens, Ovi gets his Rocket. Win win!

If Barry says no we sick Evil Tom Wilson on all of them!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Oilers finish up later tomorrow night against a Calgary team that has been resting most of their defensemen. Might be a real nailbiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad