Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I thought the yellow laces were just waxed and keep the skates tighter?

They're actually just yellow. You can get white laces with wax, or any other color for that matter. My skates have white laces that are waxed.

Ovi wears yellow laces likely because he was inspired by Theo Fleury growing up. Look at this style and tell me that's not Ovi's. Yellow laces, skate tongue sticking out and tinted visor.

GettyImages-91608746.jpg

Reactions: Calicaps

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
They're actually just yellow. You can get white laces with wax, or any other color for that matter. My skates have white laces that are waxed.

Ovi wears yellow laces likely because he was inspired by Theo Fleury growing up. Look at this style and tell me that's not Ovi's. Yellow laces, skate tongue sticking out and tinted visor.

GettyImages-91608746.jpg
Is this legit? Fantastic!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
12+12 for 24 points in his first 14 games of the season. f***ing vintage and arguably getting better (mostly mentally). He seems to be focused at a level he hadn't been in previous seasons..

Its just a theory, but Sergei is old enough to watch and remember now. I think Ovechkin is motivated by his son being able to see him play

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Is this Ovie's Final Form?!

- He's on an 82-goal pace for the year (totally sustainable /s)
- Opponents are respecting his shot so he can set up the backdoor slap-pass
- He's making quicker decisions and playing the puck harder on the PP when he's out at the point. Much better than years past when he would just dump it to the corner predictably if his shooting lane was blocked and it would get cleared.
- He is playing arguably the best defense of his career
- He seems to really be embracing fatherhood, and seems quite loose and happy.
- He gave us a hometown deal to finish out his career as the best Capital and the captain of a Stanley Cup winning team
- His passing and vision have improved

TL;DR Can OV really be playing any better?

Haven't had chance to check out any Caps games yet, can you tell me how his skating/speed has been this year?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Haven't had chance to check out any Caps games yet, can you tell me how his skating/speed has been this year?

Fast. Like he's found the fountain of youth. And he has his puck handling back or at least much improved from before. That combination has been killer for him right now.

Wow, Kara, that's a name I haven't heard of in a long time. Well, at least not since 구하라's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad