Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The Oilers finish up later tomorrow night against a Calgary team that has been resting most of their defensemen. Might be a real nailbiter.
Them playing Giordano may reshape the league.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A nice mush shot, and then a good look at Ovi grabbing the back of his jersey, which gave him no chance to duck away from thor's hammer. That is a great strategic move by Ovi. I wonder if Willy taught him that. Look at Ovi's left shoulder in great position to protect himself from the big rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
crying_baby.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All this whining is only because Ov knocked him out. Short of that they are praising Svechnikov, not complaining that Ov accepted the fight. Just watching Ferland's reaction to his thing, You really have to wonder if either guy plays the next game. If true you have to wonder if those things suck enough energy out of the win to effect any momentum?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope Ferland plays the next game. He has been absolutely putrid against us all season and he is running out there just trying to hit everyone, no matter if they have the puck or not. He's not concerned in his own game right now and seems to consistently make bad decisions out there.

Ferland now joins Josh Anderson on the list of premier power forwards around the league that tried to take a run at Tom Wilson and injured themselves in the process. I guess that puts to bed the theory that Ferland will destroy Wilson in this series.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
There are comments in russian media from fighters organizations members that Ovi did everything professionally. One of them mentioned he have been training in the same facility with Ovi numerous times and that Ovi has good punch with both hands (besides having lots of strength obviously).

The Unexpected.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
A nice mush shot, and then a good look at Ovi grabbing the back of his jersey, which gave him no chance to duck away from thor's hammer. That is a great strategic move by Ovi. I wonder if Willy taught him that. Look at Ovi's left shoulder in great position to protect himself from the big rights.

I really liked Rod as a player, but stop being a whiny bitch dude. Your boy stepped up and bit off more than he could chew.

Life f***ing lesson.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
There are comments in russian media from fighters organizations members that Ovi did everything professionally. One of them mentioned he have been training in the same facility with Ovi numerous times and that Ovi has good punch with both hands (besides having lots of strength obviously).

The Unexpected.

Ahhh I think we could all tell that Ovi had added to his punching game. His right hand looked awfully strong, when in the past ok 10 years ago, not so much. But 10 years affords an awful lot of time to build up one's weak arm. As a russian left shot Svech is probably right handed, and Ovi looked in great shape to protect himself from big rights. Ovi's left arm and shoulder had him in hockeys version of the MMA "guard" position.

It always helps to know your opponents strong hand, or, avoid them if they can throw with both hands.... which we know now, Ovi can.

I wonder if Brashear taught him that jersey tug... watch how violently he manhandles Svetch early on. Watch his helmet - that chin strap may have left a little mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I really liked Rod as a player, but stop being a whiny ***** dude. Your boy stepped up and bit off more than he could chew.

Life ****ing lesson.

Yep, that is how children learn best. Ovi was backing away, and he chose to keep following him, all away from the play. His actions alone said he wanted to fight. Humble Pie never tastes good.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad