Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
:eek::eek::eek:Did you all see the Yahoo Report that Ovechkin isn’t committing to beyond his current contract? He didn’t say “no”, but he didn’t say “Yes” either.

He’s possibly just playing it coy....but Geez. Great 8 could retire in 2 yrs :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There was also this:

So he's just being realistic about it. That said, would putting his health first preclude signing a longer-term extension next summer? Worst-case he could just go on LTIR as many others have and pocket the cash. He looks like he's in good shape by the way...a lot leaner than he has been some years. If he manages two more 45-50 goal seasons this year and next then I suspect his hunt for the goal crown will push him to keep going if at all possible. It will take something serious to shorten or jeopardize that IMO. As for a potential lockout, there will be a lot of owners on the hook for huge bonuses so the players are in a better position than in the past.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yea. this is nothing. someone asked him when he would retire. He says he has two more years on his contract and beyond that his health will dictate how long he plays. Whats new about that?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The only thing I take from this is that he feels like playing with his kids without pain is more important than chasing Gretzky. Good for him!

He is an athlete. I believe that he means that but when it becomes real, these people almost never can give it up on their own.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Extending Ovi a year before ED will force Caps to expose one more player. He can sign his new contract with Caps just after ED. Talking too much would cause damage potentially so he's telling as much as everyone knows already.

I take it as he wants to win as many more cups as he can and looking to not mess that up.

PS: I secretly hope he's being in control of Kuzy's mental state too (I guess he is in reality as well as he was long before Kuzy came to NA). That's key for Caps.

PPS: 50 goals and Richard or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad