Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I grew up (and still are) a big Essendon Bombers fan in the AFL (Australian Rules Football).
We had a player who I consider to be possible the greatest player of all time. He played when I was between 10-27ish. So my hero.
When he stopped playing there was a massive hole in the team for me. Just watching him play was my favourite thing about watching footy. Win or lose, I got to watch Hirdy play.

I have the feeling that will happen again for me when this great man finishes up.

Enjoy every moment.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I grew up (and still are) a big Essendon Bombers fan in the AFL (Australian Rules Football).
We had a player who I consider to be possible the greatest player of all time. He played when I was between 10-27ish. So my hero.
When he stopped playing there was a massive hole in the team for me. Just watching him play was my favourite thing about watching footy. Win or lose, I got to watch Hirdy play.

I have the feeling that will happen again for me when this great man finishes up.

Enjoy every moment.

Agreed. It will be a very sad day when Ovie finally hangs up his skates.

I am enjoying every moment right now as it won't last forever.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This is amazing:

Alex Ovechkin: Not Half Bad

To wit, tonight when he laces up against the Carolina Hurricanes in search of his eighth 50 goal campaign, Ovi will be participating in his 1080th (!) game. So 1079 games played in his career gives us a dividing line with 540 games on one side of it, and 539 games on the other. Ovechkin potted 328 goals in his first 540 games. How many has he scored in the 539 that have come since? You guessed it: 328. That’s just preposterous.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We saw he started unloading his full shot again in the previous game after a few games of passing away chances. I think he likely was playing through a minor injury. What a f***ing menace he is. 50 is a big number because it is used as a measure stick across generations.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Fiddy for posterity. RH trivia 10 years from now, which D did he truck after he got fiddy.

That goal is as Ovechkin as they come. He scores and goal and destroys a defenseman just by being strong on his skates. He blows the guys straight off his skates and it doesn't even slow his celly down. What a freaking beast.

BTW....On the Tampa broadcast they showed Ov's first career shift where he checked a guy thru the glass,

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
He’s my favorite athlete of all time and it’s gonna be basically impossible for someone to knock him down to second place in my heart. I can’t even imagine what better than Ovechkin for me would look like.

He's my favourite athlete ever, as well.

He really is unique and there will never be another player like Ovie ever again.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
I need some help with finding certain videos. All I want is Ov powerplay goals, but not "the most obvious" ones. I'm looking for those PPG's, when the pass to #8 is off the mark or the puck is bouncing/rolling and yet still beats the goalie. Hope you can provide a little help

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->