Alex Barkov wins the Selke

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Are people going to take account who he was on a line with?

Verhaeghe missed significant time and had a mix of Duclair, Marchment, Vatrano, etc.

No Marchand. No Paccioretty. No Pastrnak.

I mean, shit, it's touted as the perfection LINE lol. Not perfection Center and 2 ordinary wingers.

Barkov also lost his McAvoy and Pietroangelo.

But oh well.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Barkov had a much better defensive year and good enough for a lot of the eyes to vote him in. But the numbers paint a different story.

I don't have any opinion on the trophy winner... But the bolded is absolutely hilarious. Most of the voters are nothing different than your average fan who may catch 4-8 games of each players in contention, at most. But they just happen to have jobs in media. Most people will go with what they heard others say (without challenging their assessment), look at players with lots of points who play on the PK and/or who have had good defensive seasons in the past, look at faceoffs, etc.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I do think the voters actually have looked at some games and also take into considering who they play with:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasternak

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Marchment . Also Duclair, Tippet, Vatrano at some point

Now tell me which player has the better support?

Barkov also had a much better offensive season. That kinda jives with the nature of the Selke trophy, but it's been that way for the past 15 years so...

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I thought Stone should have won it but you know he's a winger. I like how Draisaitl got 2 2nd place votes despite being one of the worst players defensively at even strength.
And how was Draisaitl one of the worst players defensively?

He had a very solid defensive year

Congrats to Barkov though, well deserved win. He had a phenomenal year on both sides of the puck

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Well Bergeron cant win it every year.
Happy for Barkov.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Prophecy is now complete! I said at time of 2013 draft Barkovs gonna win multiple Selkes in his career and this was just the start. Incredible player.

Reactions: Laus723

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Don't know how to read these, could you provide a summary for each?
Barkov gives up more on defense than Stone or Bergeron, that’s indicated by the plus in the defensive zone which is not what you want. You want it to be a negative with a lot of blue, which Bergeron and Stone both have.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Its a sad day in the forums...

All of the Barkov underrated memers will be gone and we will only be left with the endless MCK vs. McD debate

Reactions: Laus723

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
How many people on this board know that Barkov does what he does while sharing a large portion of his time on ice with 3rd liners? And at best 2nd liners.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
And how was Draisaitl one of the worst players defensively?

He had a very solid defensive year

Congrats to Barkov though, well deserved win. He had a phenomenal year on both sides of the puck

download-1-3-964x1024.png

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Barkov gives up more on defense than Stone or Bergeron, that’s indicated by the plus in the defensive zone which is not what you want. You want it to be a negative with a lot of blue, which Bergeron and Stone both have.

Again:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasternak

Verheaghe/Tippett - Barkov - Marchment/Duclair

Pacioretty - Tuch - Stone

Who of Bergeron / Barkov / Stone has the least support? 2 of the players have solid 1st liners to play with, 1 has 3rd liners.

I`d like to see what Barkov would do if put here:

Marchand - Barkov - Pasternak

I bet he would have 100+ points in a full season and his defensive numbers would also skyrocket.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad