Alex Barkov wins the Selke

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I thin Danault should be the winner but unfortunately the trophy is forward with most points who happens to back check once in a while.

If you are insinuating that Barkov back check "once in a while" you might want to actually watch him play. He is ridiculously good defensively., and so is Danault.

Just saw your post above, and understood.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Such a joke :laugh:

Barkov has a defensive reputation and was the best player on a breakout team, that's the only reason he won. Nothing to do with his defense play this season which was nothing more than slightly above average at best

Wrong. He's ridiculously good defensively for how many points he scores. Having possession the whole time you're on the ice counts as great defense.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Such a joke :laugh:

Barkov has a defensive reputation and was the best player on a breakout team, that's the only reason he won. Nothing to do with his defense play this season which was nothing more than slightly above average at best
Let’s put this in perspective for people. Barkov has a rep as a defensive forward yet his defensive numbers are inferior to Jack Hughes who isn’t considered a great defensive forward, and who does his damage with interceptions and takeaways in the neutral and offensive zone.

The award probably should’ve went to Stone or Bergeron.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I thought Stone should have won it but you know he's a winger. I like how Draisaitl got 2 2nd place votes despite being one of the worst players defensively at even strength.

Reactions: Black Kevin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad