Alex Barkov wins the Selke

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Pageau getting 1 vote, a first place. The one who voted for him should be banned for 5 years.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Tbh, even as an analytics guy, I don't hate this. He improved a lot this year.

Is he as good as Bergeron? No, but nobody is. Does Bergeron really need to win ten straight Selke's? Like, we get it.

If I had a vote, I give to to Danault, but I don't have a vote, and I don't really think this one is off the wall. Stone will get his turn.

Matter of fact, I don't think a bad defensive player has ever won the Selke in the age of analytics. It's definitely an award you get two years too late if you're a finalist a bunch of times (Kopitar, Kesler) but all of the winners since the lockout were at least good defensively at some point.

People complain about it too much.

11 voters left Bergeron off the top five. It speaks volumes.

Bergeron has earned the privilege of setting the record, however the voters are determined to prevent it. A shame, much like the MLB. The voters think it is about them.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Barkov had a much better defensive year and good enough for a lot of the eyes to vote him in. But the numbers paint a different story.

I do think the voters actually have looked at some games and also take into considering who they play with:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasternak

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Marchment . Also Duclair, Tippet, Vatrano at some point

Now tell me which player has the better support?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad