Post-Game Talk: 8th straight wins vs Rangers in Montreal

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Text book fore-checking,Gallagher was his usual spark plug self.Beaulieu was not out of place at all,looked good ,lost a few pucks but overall 'Me Gusta'.I loved the hit he flattened Nash with while he was driving to the net.Habs are exceeding my expectations this year,feels great to be winning again.

almostjesus*

I'm getting a ****ing Gallagher jersey. I don't give a ****. That kid is so gritty he could sand down a diamond.

Love the guy.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
It's just stupid how good Subban is. If he doesn't get a Norris nomination, I'll eat all my Habs jerseys.

I agree...Sometimes I want to just flip out when people say he isn't Norris calibre yet.

There are very few players in the league who influence the game as much as he does. This year, he very rarely makes mistakes. He wins almost every puck battle and I can't think of many times that he has had the puck taken away from him when he has it. PK simply does what he wants on the ice and no one has been able to stop him from imposing his will.

He is simply dominant. The only other players I can think of who can dominate at their type of game is Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Datsyuk, Karlsson....and maybe Chara although I often don't notice him because he never gains the zone or carries the puck. I mean really, he never carries the puck. Shouldn't the best defenseman in the league be able to gain the zone?

And to me, I pick PK over Letang every time as Letang is solid but unspectacular when you put him up against PK if you ask me.

Man would I get flamed on the main board for a post like this :yo:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
"Best young defenseman in the league. And I think we should start thinking a little about the Norris."

"Best skating defenseman in the league."

Don Cherry to Subban; intermission Canucks/Oilers

Speechless. :amazed:

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
Leaf fan coming in peace...

Wow, love Subban's game. I am agreeing with Cherry. Love what he brings. Karlsson may be the better Off-Dman, but give me Subban every time. Talk about a complete hockey player!!! Congrats on your season thus far. Stay healthy!!!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Wow, love Subban's game. I am agreeing with Cherry. Love what he brings. Karlsson may be the better Off-Dman, but give me Subban every time. Congrats on your season thus far. Stay healthy!!!

Classy, hope you guys see the playoffs this year you deserve it. Maybe even a habs-leafs semi ?

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
Of course Subban is Norris-caliber. Let's be honest here, the Norris is all about the stats. Subban's stats are so sparkling you need sunglasses to read them without them blinding you. Stats-wise, it's currently Suter vs. Letang vs. Subban (Chara has no chance unless his offensive stats improve significantly the rest of the season, and/or Suter, Letang, and Subban all drop off). Subban has a huge edge in goals vs. Suter/Letang, but also significantly less TOI.

The fact that Subban's also excellent in his own end is just icing on the cake as far as Norris Trophy voting is concerned.

Anyway, nice win over the Rangers. Nice to see Price have a standout performance.

The Habs and the Rangers are probably the two biggest surprises of the season - For entirely different reasons, of course. Each team is roughly where I thought the other team would be going into the season. I'm quite glad I was wrong.

And yeah, if the Rangers don't bounce back soon, I would imagine that Torts is history.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I really think P.K. has entered the 2-way Dman top 5 with OEL, Weber, Pietrangelo and Doughty.

I don't even knnow who I'd pick first, but for me those 5 are the best in the game, now and in the future.

Agreed, with HN to Karlsson obviously but he doesn't yet fit the 2 way bill in my eyes, not like the ones you mentioned anyway.

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
Classy, hope you guys see the playoffs this year you deserve it. Maybe even a habs-leafs semi ?

We are not quite there, but you guys are. Hope you guys can somehow get Clowe. He would add a lot. Especially if you guys end up playing Boston.

Oh, and where did U guys find this Gallagher kid? Awesome pick in the draft!

Could we get him for say Komisarek??? Just kidding. Good luck Habs!

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
He looks really strong too.

Man our Dline could look HUGE in some years. Tinordi, Subban, Beaulieu, Emelin... All physical specimens. Hard to push around, fast, Skilled, tough !
Then there is Deitz, Thrower, and Ellis who also can play physical as prospects.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Wow, love Subban's game. I am agreeing with Cherry. Love what he brings. Karlsson may be the better Off-Dman, but give me Subban every time. Talk about a complete hockey player!!! Congrats on your season thus far. Stay healthy!!!

Thank you.. Nice post. :handclap: I hope your Leafs stay healthy and hold on to a playoff spot. Having both the Habs and Leafs in the playoffs makes the playoffs much more interesting plus it's very good for the game of hockey.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
pricepose.jpg

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Letang wishes he was as complete a d-man as PK.

PK = Weber or close to it.

Weber is the best defensive D in the league but he doesn't have PK's or Karlsson's offensive talent. Letang benefits a lot from playing with the best centers in the world. Even tonight we've seen PK struggle a bit in his end but that's only when he doesn't have the puck, I honestly wonder who's better with the puck Karlsson or Subban...

I'd say this overall my top 5 is this

#1 Karlsson
#2 Weber
#3 Subban
#4 Letang

Subban still can improve, who knows he might even beat or equal Karlsson in pts next year.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Weber is the best defensive D in the league but he doesn't have PK's or Karlsson's offensive talent. Letang benefits a lot from playing with the best centers in the world. Even tonight we've seen PK struggle a bit in his end but that's only when he doesn't have the puck, I honestly wonder who's better with the puck Karlsson or Subban...

I'd say this overall my top 5 is this

#1 Karlsson
#2 Weber
#3 Subban
#4 Letang

Subban still can improve, who knows he might even beat or equal Karlsson in pts next year.

#5 Pietrangelo

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Thank you.. Nice post. :handclap: I hope your Leafs stay healthy and hold on to a playoff spot. Having both the Habs and Leafs in the playoffs makes the playoffs much more interesting plus it's very good for the game of hockey.

All canadian teams in the eastern conference are currently holding playoffs spots.

In the west, Vancouver is a lock and Edm strangely enough will be 1 pts back after tonight. They still have a small chance.

Only Calgary is a sure miss really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad