Post-Game Talk: 8th straight wins vs Rangers in Montreal

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The Rangers have talent but they have no heart. Not to take anything away from the Habs but it wasn't their best game and they still won by shutout.

That says more about the Rangers than the Habs imho

But of course i'm not going to complain. I'm happy with the result and now ready for a crazy night of heavy drinking and other nightlife vices :naughty:

:yo:

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Damn this team just keeps on rolling, even while using the #6 slot at a rotating tryout. Major credit to Boullion for dealing with a new partner every half dozen games.

PricePkPatch*

That was a fun game!

Really entertaining overall. Must be hair-tearing for a Rags fan, tho.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
A lot of positives to build on.

-Fantastic game for Price. Made it look easy.
-Great first showing for Beaulieu
-Subban keeps getting hotter
-No quit in Gallagher

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Can we face the Rags in the playoffs somehow? pretty please?

Pathetic effort from them, you'd think they were first but nope, tied for 9th

Don't see it happening....if the Caps win tonight they're only 2 points out, and the Isles are tied with the Rags.

One of those 2 is sneaking in, I think.

edit: and the Caps win.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
How do I feel about this win?

Anyway.. I have a feeling this is the last game for Torts.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Price was fantastic.

Great bounce back game for the DD line and the Markov pairing.

Good stuff all around except the one horrible shift by Galchenyuk.

PS. Halpern rules.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What was the excuse from the Price haters tonight ?
Same place the Price lovers go when he sucks.

I wish you all could just meet in the middle that Price is a pretty good goalie, who isn't quite elite (yet) and isn't bad in any sense of the word.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Price made some terrific saves. He had to earn that SO big time.

Subban is ridiculous. Only 19 min TOI tonight though, what's up with that ?

Gallagher has got to be in the running for the calder, little guy won't stop. Another great Timmins homerun. Speaking of Timmins homeruns, that new guy on D looked pretty good. You could def. see the potential there.

Perfect game for me.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Price, Subban and Pleks all had great games. Moen seems to have stepped up his game lately. I liked our 4th line with Halpern.

Solid bounce back game by Markov - Emelin, while Beaulieu looked okay. Great offensive skill and seemed to improve in confidence defensively.

Eller line not that great. They had some tough shifts.

Habs win. Bruins lose. All is right in the hockey world.

Sunaaj*

Solid win, but the Rags are a shell of what they used to be.

Hope that's all for Torts...he needs to go.

I was gonna say this, but it was in the first post, the Rags are pretty terrible this year. I'm sad I missed the first period for turkey.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Not to be negative after a good win, but the Eller line was often like a chinese fire drill out there, especially defensively. It was as if Eller and Galchenyuk had no idea how to play with Prust after not doing it for 3 weeks. Tough game for that line.

Well when you play 3 weeks with Colby Armstrong and you're suddenly playing with Brandon Prust, things get different. Galchenyuk was struggling out there and Eller seemed a little flat, but if only a third of what Galchenyuk tried to do actually worked I believe they would of had at least a goal.

For Galch I believe he's having confidence issues, which is perfectly normal at his stage of his career, something that will fix itself the more games he gets to play. If he works as much as he should this summer on his game he might very well come up with a 70pts+ season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad