Post-Game Talk: 8th straight wins vs Rangers in Montreal

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Great game by the habs only equaled by how bad the Rangers are. They just have no character.

For all the flak Moen gets for his lack fighting etc, I thought he had a great game and has been solid most of the year.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Great game by the habs only equaled by how bad the Rangers are. They just have no character.

For all the flak Moen gets for his lack fighting etc, I thought he had a great game and has been solid most of the year.

Agreed, he's started to look a lot better ever since we got Halpern.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
3-0 lead for most of the game allowing us to play the 3rd pair more. :dunno:

And through 3 games, it's hard to believe Halpern got waived by a team playing Kris Newbury. He's been solid.

It has got to sting somehow to see the 1st place team pick up a player you rejected and find a use for him.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I went to look at the Rangers GDT, I had a good time reading their reactions on our first goal :laugh:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Loved Price game tonight, made some huge saves.

PK is taking over as one of the best D in the league!

Beaulieu had some nice moves, but he looked really nervous. Will be interesting to see what he can do against better offensive teams.

And like VAN-HAB said, Emelin came back with a good game after a tough one in Boston.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Let Beaulieu continue to get stronger and work on his defense in Hamilton for another year, his vision and speed are ridiculous.. having him and Subban on our defense in the future is going to be awesome.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
When Price is in the zone, he's just great. Was clearly in his zone tonight. Impressive game. Loved Beaulieu's game too as far as passes and vision. Do believe that he'll need to be stronger though.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Let Beaulieu continue to get stronger and work on his defense in Hamilton for another year, his vision and speed are ridiculous.. having him and Subban on our defense in the future is going to be awesome.

I'd rather have the kid practice with Subban and Markov. Learning tricks from the very best. And I'm sure that if a player asks Subban to talk about playing defense, he could talk for 3 hours straight. Without taking breaks for breathing :laugh:.

That's what I like about the idea of bringing a prospect over for a few games, then another. They all get to practice with the team, learn some tricks, and find out what is it they're lacking to become bona fide NHL pros. Then when they go back down they know exactly what to do and where to go, and how to do it.

Anyhow, how the hell did THAT RANGERS TEAM wave Halpern?!? What is happening back there? I can see Halpern not being comfortable with Tort's BS though, but tonight he played a strong, solid 4th liner game. The kind of 4th line minutes you want to be able to depend on during long, hard fought playoff series.

Subban's just ohmagurd.

Price is still solid. A lot of the 2nd period in Boston was flukey bounces and weird plays, anyway. I can't understand the fact that the guy gets any hate.

But I have to give the Epic Appreciation Cake to Gallagher. That kid is beyond impressive. Always in the traffic, strong in the neutral zones (I counted 4 takeaways), good on forechecking, and doesn't hurt the team in his own zone. That's a late round gem if I ever saw one.

Good solid game tonight against an opponent that came out swinging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad