Post-Game Talk: #62: Jets 2 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020, 1:00 pm ET

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
My second game of the year, had great seats 11 rows up at center ice. First game was the October 6-2 shellacking of Vegas, so I’m 2-0 this year and I’m clearly good luck.

I sat next to Jack Roslovic’s dad. His son’s his spitting image. It was interesting watching him watch his son play. Dude was super tense and muttering under his breath the whole game. I know that pain, I mutter under my breath the same way watching my 10 year old play soccer.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Maybe it's just selective listening at play but it seemed like they played a lot more "real" music today than they have recently. I recognized, among others, The Clash, The Beatles (!!) and Joan Jett and a lot less womp womp rave garbage and top-20 trash that they normally play. Maybe it was for STH appreciation day? Maybe I just don't pay attention enough to the music they play when I'm watching?

I heard Public Enemy/Anthrax Bring The Noise during a break in play, so it's clearly not all top 20.

Granted, I was only on tv so I'm sure I missed a lot.

tenor.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Flyers only have 9 road games left, and only 3 are against teams currently in the playoffs. The nightmare scheduling in the first half is paying off now that we're out the other side given how excellent they've been at home. Now closer to 1st in the division than 3rd in the wild card. That's why people have to be patient early on. Might be able to put something together if they can get Carter Hart straightened out on the road.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
download (8).jpg
"SO SCOTT...YOU CRAZY PUMPED ABOUT
OUT THOSE TWO EARLY TONE-SETTING GOALS ??!! "umm...yes. "
download (8).jpg
"SO SCOTT...DID IT HURT WHEN YOU TOOK THAT INSANELY WICKED LAZERBEAM BLAST TO YOUR BALLSACK??!!" "umm...yes."
download (8).jpg
"SO SCOTT... WERE YOU HORRIFICALLY DISAPPOINTED BY BRUTALLY ****ING UP THAT COMPLETE GIMME EMPTY NETTER THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A STORY BOOK FINISH TO GARNER THE VERY FIRST HAT TRICK OF YOUR ENTIRE NHL CAREER??!!" "umm...yes."

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Yeah, this is a legit playoff team. I can't deny it any longer.

Also, this might be the first time in i don't even know how long that the team is rolling 4 lines of actual NHL players.

View attachment 325189 "SO SCOTT...YOU CRAZY PUMPED ABOUT
OUT THOSE TWO EARLY TONE-SETTING GOALS ??!! "umm...yes. "
View attachment 325191"SO SCOTT...DID IT HURT WHEN YOU TOOK THAT INSANELY WICKED LAZERBEAM BLAST TO YOUR BALLSACK??!!" "umm...yes."
View attachment 325189 "SO SCOTT... WERE YOU HORRIFICALLY DISAPPOINTED BY BRUTALLY ****ING UP THAT COMPLETE GIMME EMPTY NETTER THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A STORY BOOK FINISH TO GARNER THE VERY FIRST HAT TRICK OF YOUR ENTIRE NHL CAREER??!!" "umm...yes."

It can't be anything but an advantage to the team that he happens to be one of the most serial killer looking guys in professional sports.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yup. I think you could have easily sold people on a full fire sale at the start of it - but those years were just horrific. Nobody signed up for that.

It was brutally futile.

They made it clear that they weren't going for winning-now, but would build through the draft. Then...they did nothing at all to market that talent or get fans pumped for it, and instead of actually building through those draft picks they splattered a string of garbage veteran acquisitions all over the ice.

Hell, the organization's media front did the exact opposite. While we were building through the draft, they had to construct narratives about how awful and unreliable all those players were to cover for Hextall and Hakstol's decisions. You combine that with Hakstol's lifeless and futile perimeter "safe" hockey and it created agony.

They finally...finally...are doing things right. But overcoming the fan inertia they labored to build is hard.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
2 more hours on the road and then I can watch this.

More positivity in this thread. :thumbu:

If only the players were good enough and the coaches weren't idiots. How good could this team be? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011

i try to read that and understand it but all it looks like is a game plan right up of buckaroo's run through the mountain. and i stupid? or old or losing my ability to read? i guess its good for hagg though because of its upward trajectory. most of you all know how to read thee things, im going to have to start google searching and getting some knowledge on the stuff.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
So we have a solid depth, Scott's a good boy and no way JC brings that same energy.

JVR burying that shot would have been highlight worthy.

Great win, played tough and stuck it out. Exciting times!

Reactions: Hextallent63

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad