Post-Game Talk: #62: Jets 2 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020, 1:00 pm ET

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Really? I think it's gotten worse. Unless the "classics" are the addition of some early 2000's emo, which is the only thing I have noticed.
It definitely hasn't gotten worse lol. That was nearly impossible. I've noticed lots of Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, and even some Tool.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
pfxl2nd-gif.325167

This one's for you.

tenor.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Another thing.

If they are serious about making a push to a favourable matchup against Washington, or home ice - I want to see Hart clearly given the #1 role here.

No back to backs, but he hasn’t played a lot this year. I don’t want to see Elliot and his theme of a weak goal or two every game impact the standings heading down the stretch.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Bunny replacement and thats it
Bunny was pretty good today, and Frost and Patrick could factor in. Pick up a vet cheap but we don’t need to spend good assets for a minimal need.

Cody Eakin would be the type of guy who could help. Good deal too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Person101

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Another thing.

If they are serious about making a push to a favourable matchup against Washington, or home ice - I want to see Hart clearly given the #1 role here.

No back to backs, but he hasn’t played a lot this year. I don’t want to see Elliot and his theme of a weak goal or two every game impact the standings heading down the stretch.
They also need to make sure he's mentally out of this road game funk.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I get the angst. We all watched the last few years - but I can’t get to the idea that it’s going to take some lengthy run to make that place energetic again.
it will
it's been 7-8 years since there's been a Flyers team this good and even "this good" is barely 3rd place in the division.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
They also need to make sure he's mentally out of this road game funk.

Yup. It’s something I’ve questioned for a bit, you are basically just perpetuating this notion that he’s poor on the road by always going to Elliot for away games.

Elliot has served his role, the time has come to bring this relationship to an end.

giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's nice to have a team that has the depth to score goals and help win games.

Like this game, the Jets have 2 very good lines and you can't always just stop them from scoring. It was our depth they got us that win. In years past, that would have been a 2-1 loss.....actually a 3-1 loss because we would have given up an EN goal too.

Just keep winning. Who cares who gets the points to do so.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
There is a lot of angst, and the in-arena presentation is absolutely horrid. It's too much, it doesn't connect with anyone, and it's not helping the situation. Your fans are mostly beer-chugging 45 year old men. Don't play f*cking My Chemical Romance or Tyga or Maren Morris in the arena. Give them a little organ and the same old classic rock: Hell, Giroux and Jake are, respectively, AC/DC and Springsteen enthusiasts. EMBRACE THE DADNESS. Some teams are smart enough to identify that their crowd is older and male.
Maybe it's just selective listening at play but it seemed like they played a lot more "real" music today than they have recently. I recognized, among others, The Clash, The Beatles (!!) and Joan Jett and a lot less womp womp rave garbage and top-20 trash that they normally play. Maybe it was for STH appreciation day? Maybe I just don't pay attention enough to the music they play when I'm watching?

Reactions: Rich Nixon

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
The team is playing well there, in particular Hart.

I can’t blame folks, but at some point here you have to let the angst of previous years go. It’s a morgue in there, and with the team as good as they have been - you’d like to see a bit more energy from the home crowd at some point here.
A good playoff showing will change everything, I hope.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Selfish request, but please keep the Oskar stuff in the Oskar thread. I can't bring myself to look in there, I break down every time I see his big dopey smile. Absolutely breaks me everytime. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad