Post-Game Talk: #62: Jets 2 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020, 1:00 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
WE ARE INVINCIBLE!

Even when we play crappy, we're winning right now. I just hope we're not getting hot too early.

At 5v5...
48.48 CF%
57.53 xGF%
50.00 HDCF%
All three of these numbers were MASSIVELY boosted by the third period, where we dominated each category.

-I still can't believe the top line didn't score at the end... but they had an average game overall (for them). 50.00 CF%, 60.98 xGF%
-The Sanheim-Myers pair had a really rough one, but it happens and they've been great lately.
-Laughton had two goals but his line got dominated.
-Hagg played awful but the luck is insane
-Hart played well

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
source.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
WE ARE INVINCIBLE!

Even when we play crappy, we're winning right now. I just hope we're not getting hot too early.

At 5v5...
48.48 CF%
57.53 xGF%
50.00 HDCF%
All three of these numbers were MASSIVELY boosted by the third period, where we dominated each category.

-I still can't believe the top line didn't score at the end... but they had an average game overall (for them). 50.00 CF%, 60.98 xGF%
-The Sanheim-Myers pair had a really rough one, but it happens and they've been great lately.
-Laughton had two goals but his line got dominated.
-Hagg played awful but the luck is insane
-Hart played well

Embrace the suck. We are witnessing history.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If people want an example of "puck luck," Justin Braun has 6 5v5 assists in his last 4 games, hitting 3 assists in two separate games. Provorov has 6 this season. Ghost has 3. Sanheim 10. Braun is good defensively and had a good game, but I truly can't recall a single pass or offensive play he made today. We're talking a chip out and 2 secondary apples off weird bounces. I mean he's a non-entity in the o-zone most games. But he is now tied for the team lead in 5v5 points and assists among defensemen. Hockey is a hilarious sport if you don't read too much into it. But you know the drill.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m loving turning the WFC into a fortress... the Philly Flu is back!

The team is playing well there, in particular Hart.

I can’t blame folks, but at some point here you have to let the angst of previous years go. It’s a morgue in there, and with the team as good as they have been - you’d like to see a bit more energy from the home crowd at some point here.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If people want an example of "puck luck," Justin Braun has 6 5v5 assists in his last 4 games, hitting 3 assists in two separate games. Provorov has 6 this season. Ghost has 3. Sanheim 10. Braun is good defensively and had a good game, but I truly can't recall a single pass or offensive play he made today. We're talking a chip out and 2 secondary apples off weird bounces. I mean he's a non-entity in the o-zone most games. But he is now tied for the team lead in 5v5 points and assists among defensemen. Hockey is a hilarious sport if you don't read too much into it. But you know the drill.

Braun slid the puck to Hagg for a shot off teh faceoff for Pit's goal. That's all he has to do to collect points now.

Just get the puck to Hagg and reap the rewards.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
First comment by AV:

“You guys see Oscar? Great smile. Great win”

Even before a question is asked. He’s not perfect, but that’s classy. Nicely done.

Regardless of what you think about his X and O coaching. AV easily seems like the most professional and likeable coach the Flyers have had in a long time.

Seems like the sort of classy, professional and fair person that is naturally good at leading others.

Somebody people want to follow and would go through a brick wall for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad