WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Agreed. IMO the chance of him coming is close to 0%. He looked excellent in his NHL stint last year, and even if he really struggles I suspect the league will find a way for him to get covered by the impending exemption that will allow him to play in the AHL. I think the Ducks would rather him play big minutes in the AHL vs. playing in his 3rd world junior, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
There is talk about Drysdale playing out next season in the AHL, it’s definitely unlikely he’s playing for Canada in December/January but i would completely rule it out.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
My guess:
Perfetti-Lappierre-Jarvis
Johnson-Wright-Guenther
Sillinger-McTavish-Bourque
Neighbours-Finley-Wiesblatt
Extra: Greig, Bedard, Othmann

Power-Drysdale
Guhle-Clarke
Hunt-Cormier
Extra: O'Rourke, Lambos

Garand
Cossa
Gaudreau
Drysdale and Power not attending. Sebrango and O'Rourke are the top D pairing, each having about 30 AHL games experience.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not expecting Drysdale but everyone else seems like there is at least a decent chance they will be available. If I had to guess I think Byfield won't be at the tournament but Power will.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Players not attending the summer camp are still eligible to play on the team in December.
I can't think of an instance where a player who declined an invitation to a Hockey Canada camp was later included on a Team Canada roster. Could be wrong, but....

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I can't think of an instance where a player who declined an invitation to a Hockey Canada camp was later included on a Team Canada roster. Could be wrong, but....
Don’t think the post was saying that players declined an invite, more that players who didn’t get an invite still can make the team.
There are numerous occasions of a player not getting an invite to the summer showcase but still getting an invite to the selection camp and making the team.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Don’t think the post was saying that players declined an invite, more that players who didn’t get an invite still can make the team.
There are numerous occasions of a player not getting an invite to the summer showcase but still getting an invite to the selection camp and making the team.
Yes this is correct.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Watched both games. Odd. No one stood out. No one. Wait, I'm wrong. White goalie in game 2.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Perfetti makes the Jets & Byfield makes the Kings

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Wheeler attended Hockey Canada's u20 and u18 camps and wrote a solid article about the players:

Wheeler: Team Canada summer showcase notebook, U18 standouts and World Junior roster projection

He wrote a paragraph about each player at the u20 camp describing how they played, as well as one about his u18 standouts. This is his projected WJC roster, with the assumption that everyone is available:

Perfetti Byfield Jarvis
Neighbours Johnson Guenther
Lapierre Wright Sourdif
L'Heureux McTavish Wisdom

Power Drysdale
Guhle Cormier
O'Rourke Clarke

Cossa
Garand

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wheeler attended Hockey Canada's u20 and u18 camps and wrote a solid article about the players:

Wheeler: Team Canada summer showcase notebook, U18 standouts and World Junior roster projection

He wrote a paragraph about each player at the u20 camp describing how they played, as well as one about his u18 standouts. This is his projected WJC roster, with the assumption that everyone is available:

Perfetti Byfield Jarvis
Neighbours Johnson Guenther
Lapierre Wright Sourdif
L'Heureux McTavish Wisdom

Power Drysdale
Guhle Cormier
O'Rourke Clarke

Cossa
Garand

I'm going to guess that Sillinger forces his way onto this roster. He can play a mean checking game if he's tasked with it, and he'll be outscoring a lot of these guys once he's back in the WHL. I don't see L'Heureux as half as effective.

Reactions: Dominance and DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad