WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty good team. I think this team is really good in goal and on defense. Forwards aren't as good as usual, but are still obviously very good.

Perfetti-Byfield-Perreault
Johnson-Wright-Jarvis
Guenther-Lapierre-Forester
Cuylle-Greig-Foudy
Bourque

Guhle-Drysdale
Power-Clarke
O'Rourke-Poirier
Lambos

Garand
Cossa
Lennox

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Pretty good team. I think this team is really good in goal and on defense. Forwards aren't as good as usual, but are still obviously very good.

Perfetti-Byfield-Perreault
Johnson-Wright-Jarvis
Guenther-Lapierre-Forester
Cuylle-Greig-Foudy
Bourque

Guhle-Drysdale
Power-Clarke
O'Rourke-Poirier
Lambos

Garand
Cossa
Lennox
Id put Wiesblatt Neighbors Goncalves and a couple of the 2021 guys over Cuylle pretty easily.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Perfetti-Byfield-Jarvis
Johnson-Lapierre-Perreault
Guenther-Wright-Foerster
C. Savoie-Greig-M. Savoie
Wiesblatt

Power-Drysdale
Guhle-Clarke
Lambos-Schneider
Ceulemans

Garand
Lennox

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I would agree with this statement. But better at 15, won’t turn 16 till July
I thought he was already 16. Don’t know the western boys but people have told me Bedard is potentially best in world level of prospect, whereas Wright is more franchise/Elite and some who’ve seen him think he might be better than most his age based on size. However his OHL season was exceptional, ones to watch forsure.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I thought he was already 16. Don’t know the western boys but people have told me Bedard is potentially best in world level of prospect, whereas Wright is more franchise/Elite and some who’ve seen him think he might be better than most his age based on size. However his OHL season was exceptional, ones to watch forsure.
I’d compare Wright to a Tavares/Stamkos level prospect, where as Bédard has the potential to become a Crosby/McDavid/Ovechkin level talent.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I’d compare Wright to a Tavares/Stamkos level prospect, where as Bédard has the potential to become a Crosby/McDavid/Ovechkin level talent.
This is what I’ve heard, however I’m told that Wright found another gear and it seems he maybe be more on Stamkos level and not Tavares and may end up on a franchise level.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
upload_2021-3-24_14-25-33.png

Tourigny named head coach, as well as assignments for other tournaments which includes Beijing Olympics

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Bedard will get an invite to camp for sure, has a decent chance of making team too.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
With a bunch of guys in the AHL I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of guys in the NHL who we didn't expect like Jarvis, Drysdale and Perfetti next year. With that in mind I wonder if we go young next year bringing all three of Wright, Bedard and Savoie. Tourigniny seemed to have an open mind in bringing Wright last year so maybe he'll give a chance to the 3 to actually make an impact.
Does anyone else find it annoying how the Finns always seem to get the most out of their young players while we never seem too. Even Mcdavid wasn't all that impressive in his 16 year old year

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
With a bunch of guys in the AHL I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of guys in the NHL who we didn't expect like Jarvis, Drysdale and Perfetti next year. With that in mind I wonder if we go young next year bringing all three of Wright, Bedard and Savoie. Tourigniny seemed to have an open mind in bringing Wright last year so maybe he'll give a chance to the 3 to actually make an impact.
Does anyone else find it annoying how the Finns always seem to get the most out of their young players while we never seem too. Even Mcdavid wasn't all that impressive in his 16 year old year
HC still has seniority mentality at these tournaments. i.e Rielly and MacKinnon in 2013

Reactions: Leaves34

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Perfetti-Byfield-Jarvis
Johnson-Bedard-Perreault
Guenther-Wright-Bourque
C. Savoie-Lapierre-M. Savoie
McTavish

Power-Drysdale
Guhle-Clarke
Lambos-Schneider
Ceulemans

Garand
Lennox
Cossa

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Perfetti-Byfield-Jarvis
Johnson-Bedard-Perreault
Guenther-Wright-Bourque
C. Savoie-Lapierre-M. Savoie
McTavish

Power-Drysdale
Guhle-Clarke
Lambos-Schneider
Ceulemans

Garand
Lennox
Cossa
Will Byfield finally do something at a WJR's?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Will Byfield finally do something at a WJR's?

At first I was thinking Byfield would for sure have a great tourny, but I guess that depends on if Bedard/Wright both get alot of C time, and how much play time he gets.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Byfield will be on the LA Kings , very slim chance he'll be on the WJC team

MosTLucky

May 25, 2016
It’s going to be interesting to see which players get released and which players make their NHL clubs. Both Perfetti and Byfeild have had pretty solid 18 year old AHL seasons, and a player like Drysdale has stood out in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad