WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I agree he's in the mix. I wouldn't rank him ahead of Lambos and Ceulemans, however. I would like to get a little Cuban vibe happening with Team Canada though... that would be cool. Would make my neighbors happy and add some good recipes to our watch party pot luck.

Hes a draft+2 with a solid history with Canada and will be at a year nd half of pro experience at that point. Lambos and him will play a similar role, I would bet on Canada taking the experience usually.

I dont think hes a lock but I definitely think hes at the very least on an even tier with those guys if not slightly ahead. Guys like Zellweger wont make it over him without a crazy start to the year though

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think Drysdale will be with the Ducks, Power will go back to college and be available, and Savoie will have a monster season and force his way onto the team.

Perfetti-Byfield-Jarvis
Johnson-Wright-Guenther
Sillinger-McTavish-Savoie
Neighbours-Lapierre-Foerster
Greig, Stankoven

Guhle-Clarke
Power-Ceulemans
O’Rourke-Cormier
Hunt, Sebrango

Cossa
Garand
I was wondering where the sandpaper would come from and saw Neighbours on the 4th line. I would move him to the 2nd with Wright at C, it looks like a responsible 2-way line. Johnson gets to play with McTavish on the 3rd line.

I didn't watch the camp games, but it's interesting to note how Sebrango, O'Rourke got to play 2020-21 in the AHL while Poirier, Cormier played in the QMJHL. Some guys hardly played games, but it's back to normal now. Pre-season for WHL starts early September and QMJHL already playing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was wondering where the sandpaper would come from and saw Neighbours on the 4th line. I would move him to the 2nd with Wright at C, it looks like a responsible 2-way line. Johnson gets to play with McTavish on the 3rd line.

I didn't watch the camp games, but it's interesting to note how Sebrango, O'Rourke got to play 2020-21 in the AHL while Poirier, Cormier played in the QMJHL. Some guys hardly played games, but it's back to normal now. Pre-season for WHL starts early September and QMJHL already playing.

I don't think you get more sandpaper by pushing Sillinger down the lineup. In this setting I'd expect him to be very physical.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Any chance Jacob Perreault makes it?

He should be on Hockey Canada's radar based on some solid AHL action last season. If he continues on with some solid play in San Diego he should get himself a camp invite in December. Not sure if Hockey Canada sees it the same way, however.

And no funny business from the NHL GM will only release to the team in time for the tournament and not for December 10 camp, that kind of funny business NHL GMs try to pull. If there's any of that he can stay in San Diego all year. God Speed.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He should be on Hockey Canada's radar based on some solid AHL action last season. If he continues on with some solid play in San Diego he should get himself a camp invite in December. Not sure if Hockey Canada sees it the same way, however.

And no funny business from the NHL GM will only release to the team in time for the tournament and not for December 10 camp, that kind of funny business NHL GMs try to pull. If there's any of that he can stay in San Diego all year. God Speed.

Perreault, Foudy and Cuylle not getting an invite to the summer camp was very puzzling. It by no means equates to the door being closed for them to make the team, it just means it’ll be an uphill battle.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Jacob Perreault and Carter Savoie were the two non-invites that made no sense to me.
Has it ever been established as to whether the J.P. has U.S. citizenship?

I get mixed signals when I did some digging. If he does, Hockey Canada should have invited him - just to establish more of a connection.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Has it ever been established as to whether the J.P. has U.S. citizenship?

I get mixed signals when I did some digging. If he does, Hockey Canada should have invited him - just to establish more of a connection.
He has dual citizenship.

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
Here are my 2021 December Camp invite lines and Finalized Roster Prediction:

Practice Lines:

Lapierre Wright Guenther Vs Perfetti Johnson Jarvis (Need to establish line 1 early for chemistry)

Bolduc Bourque Bourgault (Triple B from the Q) Vs. Bedard McTavish Perrault (HC has to invite their invitation to players with AHL experience)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sillinger Sourdif Stankoven Vs. Neighours Greig Foudy

Extra: Wisdom, L’Heureux Vs. Othmann , Foerster

Power Clarke Vs Guhle Cormier

Hunt Ceulemans Vs. O'Rourke Thompson

Lambos Sebrango

This year camp may bot be as talented as previous years. Hence, i am just listing a smaller roster.

FINAL ROSTER:

PERFETTI JOHNSON JARVIS (SPEED LINE)
MCTAVISH WRIGHT WISDOM/BEDARD (YOUNG GUNS IN CASE WISDOM WILL NOT RECOVER IN TIME)
PERREAULT FOUDY FOERSTER (AHL PRO- THIS MAYBE THE MOST EFFECTIVE LINE)
NEIGHBOURS GREIG GUENTHER (FORCHECKERS)
LAPIERRE/BOURQUE

POWER CLARKE
GUHLE CORMIER (WATCH OUT AS CORMIER MAYBE A BE BIG OFFENSIVE CONTRIBUTOR)
HUNT CEULEMANS
SEBRANGO O'ROUKE

I WILL NOT MENTION THE GOALIES AS THERE ARE VERY FEW STANDOUT BESIDES COSSA.
I DON'T THINK Drysdale and Byfield will be available so let 's not mention them.

Reactions: hockeyanalyst99

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
There’s a returning goalie that played well in the WHL last season. I think you should mention him.
Agreed; Even though Cossa has the draft pedigree, Garand is a returning player and has just as good of a shot at starting. Canada shouldn’t worry about goaltending this year- Going to be a goalie battle and it’s anyone’s net to take. Hell even Tristin Lennox has an outside shot at being the starter.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
With the regular season approaching and most prospects either sent back to their junior clubs or close to it, what's everyone's projected roster? I'd have something like:

Perfetti-Lapierre-Guenther
Johnson-Wright-Jarvis
McTavish-Bedard-Foerster
Sillinger-Bourque-Neighbours

Guhle-Clarke
Power-Hunt
Lambos-O'Rourke
Ceulemens (could slide in anywhere due to lack of RHD)

Cossa/Garand

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
With the regular season approaching and most prospects either sent back to their junior clubs or close to it, what's everyone's projected roster? I'd have something like:

Perfetti-Lapierre-Guenther
Johnson-Wright-Jarvis
McTavish-Bedard-Foerster
Sillinger-Bourque-Neighbours

Guhle-Clarke
Power-Hunt
Lambos-O'Rourke
Ceulemens (could slide in anywhere due to lack of RHD)

Cossa/Garand

I would love to see Wright and Bédard play together

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Just a reminder, The Pats season opener is on CBC tomorrow afternoon. Tune in to see if Bedard starts to stake his claim to a spot on the Christmas roster.

I'd like to see him on the roster...but Hockey Canada tends to be a tad bit more conservative on these matters.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Taking stock of where some of the WJC team hopefuls are with their respective NHL teams as of today:

Still with their NHL team
Drysdale - Sounds like he isn't having an amazing camp but I still don't expect him to be released come December.
Byfield - Fractured his ankle and is expected to be out around 6-8 weeks. It's possible LA could use the WJC to help get him back in game shape, but they also might err on the side of caution given his recent injuries.
Perfetti - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster; can also be sent to the AHL.
Jarvis - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster.
Neighbours - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster.
Lapierre - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster.
Sillinger - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster; can also be sent to the AHL.
McTavish - I'm unclear what the Ducks' plan for him is. Sounds like he's played well in the preseason since returning from injury.
Wisdom - Rehabbing after shoulder surgery. May not be back in time for the tournament.

Assigned to the AHL

Foerster
Perreault
Foudy
Sebrango

I didn't include others still with their NHL teams, such as Zellweger and Colton Dach, as they are very likely to be returned. All other players on the summer camp roster have been returned to their junior teams.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Taking stock of where some of the WJC team hopefuls are with their respective NHL teams as of today:

Drysdale - Sounds like he isn't having an amazing camp but I still don't expect him to be released come December.
Byfield - Fractured his ankle and is expected to be out around 6-8 weeks. It's possible LA could use the WJC to help get him back in game shape, but they also might err on the side of caution given his recent injuries.
Perfetti - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster; can also be sent to the AHL.
Sillinger - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster; can also be sent to the AHL.
Bourque - Chance he could crack the opening night roster but expected to be sent down at some point.
Guhle - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster but is expected to be sent back after injured players return.
McTavish - I'm unclear what the Ducks' plan for him is. Sounds like he's played well in the preseason since returning from injury.
Sebrango - Likely to be sent down to the AHL.
Wisdom - Rehabbing after shoulder surgery. May not be back in time for the tournament.

Assigned to the AHL

Foerster
Perreault
Foudy

I didn't include others still with their NHL teams, such as Zellweger and Colton Dach, as they are very likely to be returned. All other players on the summer camp roster have been returned to their junior teams.
Appreciate the write up; I love when people put time into things like this!

Reactions: Dominance

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Bourque - Chance he could crack the opening night roster but expected to be sent down at some point.
Guhle - Looking like he might be on the opening night roster but is expected to be sent back after injured players return.
Sebrango - Likely to be sent down to the AHL.

Assigned to the AHL

Foerster
Perreault
Foudy

Perfetti won’t make opening line up. As jets use a top 6 and bottom 6 system. And favor vets.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Assigned to the AHL

Foerster
Perreault
Foudy
Sebrango

Sounds like Drysdale been all over the map during the preseason so I'd expect him to be available for the WJR.

Byfield's injury may be a blessing for Canadian fans - he will be recovering in early December and a 3rd bite at the WJR apple might be in the offing. Why wouldn't LA send him to build his confidence? Hopefully, (this time) he won't disappoint.

Sillinger and Neighbours are getting a lot of buzz but is it enough to keep them up through December? Maybe one sticks?

You have to think that almost all of them will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad