WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It’s going to be interesting to see which players get released and which players make their NHL clubs. Both Perfetti and Byfeild have had pretty solid 18 year old AHL seasons, and a player like Drysdale has stood out in the NHL.

I'll be very surprised if Drysdale and Byfield are available. I'm also hopeful that whatever team has the first pick doesn't feel compelled to throw whatever player (Power it sounds like) it just drafted into the NHL right away.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Perfetti-Byfield-Jarvis
Johnson-Bedard-Perreault
Guenther-Wright-Bourque
C. Savoie-Lapierre-M. Savoie
McTavish

Power-Drysdale
Guhle-Clarke
Lambos-Schneider
Ceulemans

Garand
Lennox
Cossa

You are missing so many of the 19 years old.

Wiesblatt
Neighbours
Greig
Evangelista
Cormier

Not sure Matt Savoie will have a shot.
Guenther, Mctavish, Sillinger, most of the 2021s who are not exceptional, won't have much chance to make it (because of Wright and Bedard). 2021 is not a good draft year. Wiesblatt is 100% on the team if available, Greig and Evangelista as well.
Bedard will play the wing, he won't be ready at 16 to play center at that level.

Perfetti and Schneider are invited at the Worlds, not sure they will be back at the juniors.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This is what I’ve heard, however I’m told that Wright found another gear and it seems he maybe be more on Stamkos level and not Tavares and may end up on a franchise level.

Wright is more comparable to Bergeron than Tavares/Stamkos - certainly, franchise level and you could make the point that a player like Bergeron is pretty close to generational in a different way than Crosby-McDavid-Ovechkin.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You are missing so many of the 19 years old.

Wiesblatt
Neighbours
Greig
Evangelista
Cormier

Not sure Matt Savoie will have a shot.
Guenther, Mctavish, Sillinger, most of the 2021s who are not exceptional, won't have much chance to make it (because of Wright and Bedard). 2021 is not a good draft year. Wiesblatt is 100% on the team if available, Greig and Evangelista as well.
Bedard will play the wing, he won't be ready at 16 to play center at that level.

Perfetti and Schneider are invited at the Worlds, not sure they will be back at the juniors.

Schneider is too old. He’ll have aged out of this tournament.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'll take a crack at this, with admittedly not a whole lot to base things on:

Perfetti Lapierre Foerster
Johnson Wright Guenther
Sillinger Bourque Bedard
Greig Pinelli Jarvis
McTavish

Power Clarke
Guhle Cormier
Lambos Ceulemans
O’Rourke

Garand
Cossa

I'm assuming that Byfield and Drysdale are in the NHL next year but that Power is given the chance to continue in the NCAA, which seems like the right thing. I also guessed that Perreault has decided to be an American player now given his brother, but I think Bedard knocked him off the team anyway. Wright should be capable of producing in a prominent role despite his age, while Bedard is more of an addition to benefit the 2023 team though he could add a spark offensively. Having a returning goaltender is nice.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Johnson Wright Guenther
Sillinger Bourque Bedard
Greig Pinelli Jarvis
McTavish

Power Clarke
Guhle Cormier
Lambos Ceulemans
O’Rourke

Garand
Cossa

I'm assuming that Byfield and Drysdale are in the NHL next year but that Power is given the chance to continue in the NCAA, which seems like the right thing. I also guessed that Perreault has decided to be an American player now given his brother, but I think Bedard knocked him off the team anyway. Wright should be capable of producing in a prominent role despite his age, while Bedard is more of an addition to benefit the 2023 team though he could add a spark offensively. Having a returning goaltender is nice.
Does Perreault even have U.S. citizenship?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Does Perreault even have U.S. citizenship?

Fair question, it would depend on where his mother is from I guess. His brother would have default American citizenship due to where he was born. In previous talk of where he would play I don't remember his citizenship being questioned, but that could be an oversight. He'd have played enough hockey in either country to be eligible under IIHF rules. I think, could be wrong though, that he mostly grew up playing hockey in USA honestly.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Fair question, it would depend on where his mother is from I guess. His brother would have default American citizenship due to where he was born. In previous talk of where he would play I don't remember his citizenship being questioned, but that could be an oversight. He'd have played enough hockey in either country to be eligible under IIHF rules. I think, could be wrong though, that he mostly grew up playing hockey in USA honestly.
He's already played for Canada - the event does not tie him to Canada.

Hockey Canada needs to reach out to the kid to keep him in the loop. Let's hope they're proactive... for once.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He's already played for Canada - the event does not tie him to Canada.

Hockey Canada needs to reach out to the kid to keep him in the loop. Let's hope they're proactive... for once.

I figure that Hockey Canada is proactive in these things as they become increasingly common. I don't really care if Perreault goes to play for USA honestly given his background. The only big issue I would have is if Hockey Canada started gifting people spots at tournament to lock them in, but there are enough examples of that not happening. I also don't think that Perreault is more than a fringe candidate for the Canadian team at this point so I'm not interested in delving too deeply. USA getting Calgary product Sanderson is a bigger issue but that's already long done.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Johnson Wright Guenther
Sillinger Bourque Bedard
Greig Pinelli Jarvis
McTavish

Power Clarke
Guhle Cormier
Lambos Ceulemans
O’Rourke

Garand
Cossa

I made a change to your lineup...

Johnson Wright Guenther
Sillinger Bourque Bedard
Greig Pinelli Jarvis
McTavish

Power Clarke
Guhle Cormier
Lambos Ceulemans
O’Rourke

Taya Currie
Garand
Cossa

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This team lacks speed. We don't need many stickhandlers, just need skaters and puck battle winners.

I always wait for the summer camp roster to come out before judging a roster, but even the top line guys are kind of slow. They must have an exhibition tournament this summer, they went to America for the U18s. They can go to Michigan for a 1-2 week exhibition.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

Can't say I like this choice. not at all. based on the 3rd. period of the GMG in 2011.

He's got a lot to do to make up for that coaching debacle.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Surprising to see Garin Bjorklund representing Canada here in all honesty.

Some omissions that have me rather perplexed too.

Fairly surprised none of Carter Savoie, Jean-Luc Foudy and Jacob Perreault were invited, particularly given the abundance of 03s that made the list. I think Hockey Canada really has it out for Perreault for whatever reason. The kid is a first round draft pick, nearly put up 40 goals two seasons ago in the OHL, and performed well in the AHL last year and can't even get a camp invite? The Wyatt Johnson inclusion also really surprises me, especially considering Pinelli wasn't invited.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaves34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->