Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
In response to this question from you: "Say the Ducks package the 1st OA, next year's 1st, and Perreault for Eichel. Where else are the Ducks building out the roster? Free agency?"

Do you see Zegras or Drysdale in your proposal? Me neither.
Ok. Speaking of depth, what happens to said depth (or lack thereof) if the trade includes the 3rd OA, Comtois, Perreault, etc.?

My original point, back in May, was that it might be premature for the Ducks to acquire Eichel. I've wavered on that a bit, but I do think an Eichel trade can come back and bite the Ducks in the ass.

Reactions: Trojans86

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Hes 100% correct too, with that package building out the rest of the roster would be very easy.
That package also included a hypothetical 1st OA, which is obviously more valuable than what the Ducks ended up "winning". Also, I'd argue that building out the rest of the roster wouldn't be as easy as some have made it out to be, especially if the Ducks part with Comtois and/or any of their other forward prospects.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Anyone wanna take a listen to see what they say about us?

I'm listening right now, said nothing really new about Eichel but did mention how it's a spot Buffalo would want to send him for multiple reasons, location and the combo of having a high pick and really good prospects. Also mentioned Rakell and how he might be out there if they don't like what his price would be.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't post here a ton, so I don't know how to quote it, but this is what you said on May 10th in response to my post:

"Yeah, man, it's not going to be that hard to find complimentary players to "build out" a roster that has Zegras, Eichel, Lundestrom, Terry, Comtois, Jones, Heinen, Silf, Henrique, Rowney, and Grant, even if ZERO prospects make the team in the next two years, which seems unlikely. That's like 3 guys we'd need. That's a cheap roster, too, with plenty of space for an FA upgrade if desired.

And, the Ducks would have been in the playoff hunt THIS YEAR with a half-decent power play. It's also not a great idea to project how good or bad the team will be based on this season, where we only played a few teams, and 3 good teams are leaving our division next season."

Interesting that probably 3 of the guys in that lineup would be gone...Comtois and Henrique to Buffalo and probably one to Seattle. I'm sure Eichel will love playing with the likes of Jones and Heinen.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Wonder if Rakell is part of an Eichel deal. He holds good value and can always be flipped at the deadline

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
#3 overall + Rakell + Terry (if Buffalo really likes Terry) or Tracey + Dostal + Lacombe

Future:
Henrique/Eichel/Perreault
Comtois/Zegras/Terry
Steel/Lundestrom/Silf
Carrick/Grant/Volkov

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway