Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
These things are pretty contradictory. And anyway I don't see how anyone could take a clear-eyed look at the team and think "boy, these guys should really commit to a rebuild already." 24th, 27th, 30th the last three years, with 23 draft picks to show for it, including 5 first rounders, two of which are already home runs. This is a very obviously rebuilding team, nothing in-between about it. Henrique's contract doesn't change that, not trading Rakell doesn't change that, not trading Silf doesn't change that.

That said, I think they ought to make some big changes because a season like that last one kind of demands changes, but that's different than saying they're not rebuilding enough.

I wouldn't say "not rebuilding hard enough." Overall, it's very obviously a rebuild and the success of the rebuild will be in how well these top picks do.

But some of the individual non-moves inside the rebuild are weird.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I wouldn't say "not rebuilding hard enough." Overall, it's very obviously a rebuild and the success of the rebuild will be in how well these top picks do.

But some of the individual non-moves inside the rebuild are weird.

A little bit, but they're still here and still can be moved, or if things change you're maybe glad you didn't. LA gets a lot of love for their commitment to the rebuild but no one really points out how very soon they're in a bit of a jam trying to replace the proven talent they moved out. Given their ages it's much more reasonable with the defensemen but they don't get nearly enough grief for trading Toffoli and then a year later giving up a similar package to get a worse player that's all of a year younger. Something to consider.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
These things are pretty contradictory. And anyway I don't see how anyone could take a clear-eyed look at the team and think "boy, these guys should really commit to a rebuild already." 24th, 27th, 30th the last three years, with 23 draft picks to show for it, including 5 first rounders, two of which are already home runs. This is a very obviously rebuilding team, nothing in-between about it. Henrique's contract doesn't change that, not trading Rakell doesn't change that, not trading Silf doesn't change that.

That said, I think they ought to make some big changes because a season like that last one kind of demands changes, but that's different than saying they're not rebuilding enough.
What I’m saying is they need to either add to the talent they have(since finishing 2nd to last isn’t good enough) or they need to rip it all down and really gain a shit load of future assets(since they already suck anyway)

Im fine with either method - personally I would prefer getting better through trading for proven talent - but there needs to be a more cohesive plan shown

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I dont care who we trade for, as long as they are an upgrade to our top offensive line, and it is a quantity for quality trade.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sharks probably battling us out for bottom 5. I don’t see 5 teams clearly worse than the ducks.
If they don't sign Rakell/Manson/Lindholm this offseason then i could see 2 of the 3 being traded and the Ducks tank after the Deadline.
If they trade Gibson to Carolina well they tank even more.

My wish is that Rakell, Manson & Lindholm return to Anaheim as UFAs after being traded away.
Imagine getting all those assets and then bringing them back lol.

Reactions: lwvs84
Oct 18, 2011
Honestly the path to real improvement isnt there for me I'd be fine with taking cap dumps to accumulate assets but I am worried we will not be insulating JD and TZ very well

Oct 18, 2011
What I’m saying is they need to either add to the talent they have(since finishing 2nd to last isn’t good enough) or they need to rip it all down and really gain a shit load of future assets(since they already suck anyway)

Im fine with either method - personally I would prefer getting better through trading for proven talent - but there needs to be a more cohesive plan shown
We haven't committed to a true teardown and that I think has slowed the process of our rebuild

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
We haven't committed to a true teardown and that I think has slowed the process of our rebuild

ya and unfortunately now I don’t think is the time. 2 years ago would have been the time. With Zegras and Drysdale now being our most important assets - I don’t want to damage there development by letting them play too long on a tanking team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad